Svar to disable kiblobs.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont see the problem either, i find ki blobs one of the easiest things in the game to avoid =/ but thats just me i guess. Ki blobs are hard to get somebody with, unless they're rolling (which is still pretty hard to get a proper ki blob on them while doing, its more like you hit them with more ki blasts than them being stuck in a a ki blob) or knocked down or in a wall, but even then, its their own fault for not leaving enough ki to hold space when they hit it. I got quite a few idea's for ki blobs though... but to make it more true to the show, the blob would have to go =\ but eh, i have some idea's... just need to tweak em :x

Best answers
well thank the lord, you dont see a problem! well some people do, and the poster is suggesting it as AN SVAR meaning that if you want to use ki blobs, find a server that dosnt turn them off

little people know this but there is an svar already to effectivly disable throwing, i dont remember how to do it but it involves the minimum combo command or something like that

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I dont see the problem either, i find ki blobs one of the easiest things in the game to avoid =/ but thats just me i guess. Ki blobs are hard to get somebody with, unless they're rolling (which is still pretty hard to get a proper ki blob on them while doing, its more like you hit them with more ki blasts than them being stuck in a a ki blob) or knocked down or in a wall, but even then, its their own fault for not leaving enough ki to hold space when they hit it. I got quite a few idea's for ki blobs though... but to make it more true to the show, the blob would have to go =\ but eh, i have some idea's... just need to tweak em :x
Unless my keyboard has a 10 minute delay, holding jump doesn't always work. Being able to do 30-40 damage using ki blob and a single gen ball is ridiculous.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yes, what about at the press of a key, you recovery instantly, using ki/stamina, so you dont have to worry about being ki blobed. It can be kind of lame having to watch your character get up very slowly and not being able to do anything. It would speed up the game, because zeonix said spacebar doesnt always work.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Unless my keyboard has a 10 minute delay, holding jump doesn't always work. Being able to do 30-40 damage using ki blob and a single gen ball is ridiculous.
Sorry but I think thats a really pathetic excuse. Ive played 1.2 on 2 of my computers, one was really really choppy with 20 fps at the best of times, and i didnt have any problems with ki blobs.

Even though i havent played esf online in about a month, when i play esf i seldom ever get caught in a ki blob for more than a second, all you have to do is watch you ki, aim at the surface you're going to be impacted into and hold space, with 1.2's knockback there is surely ample time to avoid those situations. Really, there's no point of being disabled on the floor or disabled on a wall unless there's some kind of bonus, the whole point of it is that you're vunerable, but as ive stated its easy to avoid. Even during regular knockback there is a vunerable time where you can hit them with a generic beam or a few ki blasts and they cant do anything about it, and you're saying that if the player that is responsible for their own disadvantage (which being imobile on a wall or floor is) situation should still take the same ammount of damage as somebody who's just ending knockback? Ki blobs are made for when your opponent is immobilized and its a suitable punishment, there is no other use for them. If you're going to get rid of ki blobs why not put a delay on generic balls so you cant repeatedly shoot your opponent when they're down too, because with a higher pl thats alot more damage -_-. Really, you should have higher standards rather than lowering the games.

oh, btw about that staminia idea, i agree, it might be usefull to be able to tap into your stamina when needed for quicker recoveries, difficulty is, that could really change the gameplay... but eh, i'ma gonna think bout it =0

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not the one who ruined esf. This was never a problem in 1.1. I've played this game long enough to know what to do in certain situations. If anyone gets you down, expect a volley of ki blobs and a gen ball. If no one is doing this to you, you're fighting the wrong people. If you're able to avoid ki blasts and the formation of the blob 70% of the time or higher, you're fighting the wrong people.

As said, this isn't to get rid of ki blobs from esf. It's simply to disable them. I don't see what the problem is. There are svars and cvars for everything else. Why not this?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I'm not the one who ruined esf. This was never a problem in 1.1. I've played this game long enough to know what to do in certain situations. If anyone gets you down, expect a volley of ki blobs and a gen ball. If no one is doing this to you, you're fighting the wrong people. If you're able to avoid ki blasts and the formation of the blob 70% of the time or higher, you're fighting the wrong people.

As said, this isn't to get rid of ki blobs from esf. It's simply to disable them. I don't see what the problem is. There are svars and cvars for everything else. Why not this?
Well that means that im the wrong people. Cause i never make a kiblob unless its on aa noob charging a big attack. They realy go WTF when they blow themsevvs up.

Anyhow the idea of using Stamina for faster recovery sounds great.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You obviously are the wrong person if you're not using ki blob.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i consider it to lame to constantly use it. I prefer a GG charged to the minimum anythime to the kiblob :p

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, you use it on n00bs that's a good one, I have to remember that!
But I always use the kiblobs when the guy is down, it's not hard at all to get someone down, but maybe they need a helping hand, so i'm giving thumbs up for this idea!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Well i consider it to lame to constantly use it. I prefer a GG charged to the minimum anythime to the kiblob :p
Right...using GG in matches is awesome...even if it's an illegal move, but w/e.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Rehh??? am I the only one that sees that this is going to be even more trouble.

Lets see the damage for kiball was reduced from like ten to seven (check me if I am wrong).
But still that doesnt change the fact that if you were to land every single kiball, it would do more damage then a kiblob. :O

Kiblobs are limited in how fast they can drain, however kiballs are automatically damage. Disabling the kiblob will make kiballs do more damage sooner.
This is not a good idea. And I get tired of seeing suggestions to disable attacks.
Instead of making kiblobs, just make it tons of dust while tons of 7X damage kiballs rain down on me, at least while a kiblob the damage was limited. That is what you are suggesting.

I know what you would think: "reduce the kiball damage". NO! This doesnt work either. Mainly cause using a kiball in mid fight is the whole point of the kiball itself. The point if a kiball is to rapidly fire a explosive attack in the middle of the fight to help you win easier.
I dont like thiese suggestions that say "remove XXX attack"... it was bad enough with melee.

What a better suggestion would be is this: "Decrease the time it takes to recover from bieng meleed into the ground". Now THAT is a perfect suggestion. It gives the kiballing player less time to do all that the player has to do, so you get in the fight sooner right when he decides to recharge.

Total idea of the removal of the kiblob suggestion: never in my life

#Edit#
Oh, by the way:
its CVAR
c = controll
Controll VARiable

cl_ = client
sv_ = server
mp_ = multiplayer

nge

Best answers
Eh, dmg is depentent on PL. They don't deal 10, or 7, and ki blobs don't deal 2 hp/sec or 132043 hp/sec, it's all dependant on your PL in comparison to theirs.

::EDIT:: Zeo, next time I'm fighting you, I'm choosing vegeta for reasons totally unrelated.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No I am pretty sure that the max damage is seven. I remember reading it in a 1.2.2 changes list somewhere. I believe it WAS in PCJoe's journal before the ESF website decided to switch or crash for some reason.

And you dont have to be of a high pl to get that max damage either if I remember correctly.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, it was reduced to 7 damage (i think its +/- 2 max depending on powerlevel) because of how dirty piccolo's scattershot was if it didnt explode in your face and actually hit your enemy while he was down..

Zeonix said:

:p u really think i havent fought good players?
I never said i cud avoid the ki blasts all the time, ki blasts and blobs are very different, you need at least 3 seconds for a ki blob to form, ki blasts are instant. I'd say i dont get caught in ki blobs 90% of the time they're used/potentially used on me, only the good players ever seem to be able to work my ki down so when im knocked to the floor or on a wall that im unable to respond. Doesnt that illustrate the fact it takes skill from somebody who knows what they're actually effectively pull it off?

The problem with the suggestion is it's gonna waist team time, and i'd rather that if this "problem" was addressed it'd be taken care of gameplaywise to make everyone happy rather than it just being the same but an on or off option.

nge

Best answers
I swear I've dealt more than 7 and lost more than 7 from a ki-blast before. Maybe I'm delusional.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would making it a svar so hard? If they can make a completely useless "1.1 style knockback" cvar, why would having the option to disable ki blasts be so damn hard? You people are acting like we're suggesting that they be removed from the game.

@ Nge: You're not delusional. If someone has somehow managed to increase their pl, the damage a ki blast does goes up. I remember receiving 12 damage (3 ki blasts) once. Thats 36 damage done to me while im waiting to recover (because Goku obviously needs to flip forwards in slow motion to stop moving).

nge

Best answers
I'm not against this, but I'm not for it either. I don't really see a purpose for it, I suppose.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I love ki blobing people and and then gen balling them into the next dimension but I geuss it can get a bit irritating for everyone else. A svar to turn it on or off sounds like the best idea too me.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, like he said, becasue it is irritating if they complain the whole time, but you can't help it, then you get kicked, so this would be G-R-E-A-T!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom