Surround sound speakers vs Headphones

Which is better audio?

• Stick with headphones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dish out for surround sound speakers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
I'm gonna get a whole new gaming system soon and i'm wondering if I should dish out for a speaker set with subwoofer or just use my $20 sony headphones. What say you people? :confused:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it depends how much the surround sound is going to cost you should put in (at the voting)
Just normal speakers.
I don't reccomend earphones cuz they damage yur ears.
gives mea headache......
Just get normal speakers and if you can afford better go 4 it.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have both... I enjoy the headphones for music and some gaming, but when my house is empty, I crank up my speakers and go nuts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have both 2 I only have earphone cuz it has a atachet microphone it.To chat and stuff.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i got a nice gaming sound system, i prefer speakers, it aint right if you cant feel the explosions on screen in your pants, BASS

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could a mod plz put "normal speakers" in the vote section.

Best answers
i say surround sound. cuz i got both headphones and surround. I play much worse with the headphones on then when i use speakers...but headphones are good for some other things...

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I know what other things :p. Well before My subwoofer went my speakers knocked stuff off my walls at less then full volume so I prefer surround sound. I like loud music and I love to feel the base bounce through you when its appropriate. Theres nothing like shooting someone with an awp and making your heart stop at the same time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say some good $50 headphones own any $300 speaker set you could get, for the price.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get 5.1 surround sound, and have it so they have a headphone jack, so if u wanna do whatever withou disturbing the whole neighbourhood, u can just plug in the headphones.

Best answers
Depends do you live with people who care how loud your game's get when you play? If so get a headset, thats what I do

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you play a lot of games like ESF (3-D/Combat/First Person Shooters/etc) you should definitely go for the surround sound system. It's much easier to tell when someone is behind you and about how far behind you they are with surround sound. It also helps to get you really involved in those that have heavy large-scale combat like the upcoming Halo or Half Life 2. Headphones are great in that not everybody has to hear what's going on even when you have the headsets maxed out (which you should never, EVER do), and that gives you the freedom to play whatever you want as loud as you want without worrying about parents or friends or whatever complaining.

Best answers
Thanks for the imput guys. I mean since my next door neighbours play really loud rap music and the ones above me like to go out on the balcany at 1am and talk with each other (sounds like 6 people up there, plus they make strange noises like singing and barking). So I think I should go for the surround sound system and keep my head phones just in case. BTW Cruzharo why would anyone want two normal speakers, when they can have surround sound system?

Retired
Best answers
well if you want to play some games, headphones are pretty cool. but if you got friends coming over, and you wanna show them what games you play or something :) or wanna show them something else (e.g. movie trailers, who knows :)). 5.1 speakers are nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom