Support :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its time for support xD. I have a problem with half life mods (esf,cs "and also a half life"). When i play like an hour some mod or half life, after 1 hour the game is speed up. What can i do? Im using a steam.

And another question. Is this problem have connection with graphich card?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do I even need to say why I closed this? You're just trolling at this point.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think he's really asking for support Karrde. Though his question is quite unclear to me.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't believe he's using steam until I see it tho. Steam also should control for processor/GPU related speedups. After ages of asking for non-steam support, I'm not prepared to help him until he proves he's legit. I'll reopen the thread so he can prove he's running legal versions of the games.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Define speed up. Since an online game can not move faster than the server allows. though doing a fps_max 60 command should solve the issue if its the frames.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He has steam. He won my Steam Account Giveaway.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ESForcesFinal/
DETAIL:
Its time for support xD. I have a problem with half life mods (esf,cs "and also a half life"). When i play like an hour some mod or half life, after 1 hour the game is speed up. What can i do? Im using a steam.

And another question. Is this problem have connection with graphich card?
As I remember Counter Strike is other product, not a free mod, Counter Strike isn't related to his account in http://steamcommunity.com/id/ESForcesFinal/games

Which resolves at the the base thinking that hes problems are not steam-related.
And is supported by the fact that "0.4 hrs last two weeks / 0.4 hrs on record" he played less than the "like an hour" and probably had this problem once, or else he would have more hours "on record".
He may have steam, but his problems are WON.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As I remember Counter Strike is other product, not a free mod
CS is/was a free mod at the beginning. And i think you can still play from 1.0 to 1.5 free. 1.6 is the stanalone... and CS:S.
//btw i hope esf will make it like cs...maybe with a little help and a gr8 E-community :)

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esf:f will never work on counter****e i mean strike

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
@EvolutionX : what kind of videocard do you have and what cpu?

I've experienced the "speed up thing" in few games...if we are talking about the same.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My PC Specs Are:

Graphich Card: nVidia GeForce 9400 / 1 GB
Processor: AMD Athalon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz
RAM Memory: 1 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Profesional Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Something Else???

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are the first I have heard of having a speed problem with Steam. Anyway, I had a similar speed up problem in a very old game (Freedom Fighters), it was caused because the computer I used was actually too fast.

Start the game, open you task manager (CTRL + ALT + DELETE), go to the processes tab, search for hl.exe in that list. Right click on hl.exe, go to Set Affinity..., and select only ONE of your cores. Solved the problem for Freedom Fighters, might also solve your problem.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's impossible to have the taskmanager remember the setting. You'll need a third party program for that: http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-process-affinity.html There's a couple of programs on that website (though, they are for Windows NT it seems). It seems it is also possible to do it using other methods. I have to say though; I have never used any of those programs myself, so becareful. I always did it manually.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
@EvolutionX

Have you read my link? :p

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4
Description:
The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

With Sicrons addvide you will disable 1 core from your dualcore processor for that process. For some games its the only way ( like Splinter Cell ) but thats becouse it doesnt support dualcore technology. So for HL1 its ok.. but for a bigger ( newest ) game it will make it unplayable (not enough resources).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dual Core Optimizer needs to be installed, yes. But I don't think it solves any problems with pre-Dual Core games though. Only seems to fix some stability and speed issues with newer programs. Didn't do much for me back in the day I still had an AMD Dual Core.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It works. TNX Guys. Now i can play finaly in peace. BTW Before this problem it wasn't been (It's show after i format my pc). Why now its show up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom