Superman Returns.... Yay?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never been the biggest fan of Superman. However, seeing the previews of Superman Returns... I kinda thought it would be really good.

Lex: "WRONG!!!"

Superman Returns, in the end, was just a movie about Superman "returning"...and watching him save people. That's pretty much it.

The only main bad guy in this movie is Lex. No one else. In other words...classic Superman movie plotline. Since there is no supervillain, just Lex, it turned out to be boring in the end.

Now, don't get me wrong. Kevin Spacey played a good Lex Luthor. There's just one problem.... Lex is a normal human...which means Superman would probably decapitate him with a punch.

Therefore, Superman doesn't fight anyone in the entire movie. No punching, no special power fighting, nothing.

So how does Superman stop Lex, you might ask? I won't spoil anything, but I will say it was extremely anti-climactic.

I would rate this movie as one that's a good popcorn flick, but not worth seeing more than once. I'm sure others would disagree with me, but from my point of view, Batman > Superman. Always.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please dont compare my review with someone else's. I just wanted to share my own view on the movie.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the movie. It didn't need a big battle with some super villian, it would have been nice, but it didn't need it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hear this movie is more about a psychological view of the Superman universe, it tries to make you think.

Rather than just boost your ego with catchy graphics.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps it didn't, but it still lacked a lot of action. The most action-packed scene was the falling airplane scene. Everything else just seened really mediocre. When I see a superhero movie, I wanna see some action and fun fights.

But hey...Spiderman 3 and Ghostrider are out next year, and I still have yet to see X3.

As far as DC comic movies are concerned though...I can't WAIT for the next Batman movie if they follow the "Begins" storyline!

Best answers
It was a good movie just didn't feel very supermany...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X3 was garbage. They finished breaking what was mildly broken (yet enjoyable) for the first two films.

Spiderman 3 and Batman Begins' sequel have me stoked though.

I am also hearing rumors of an Avengers movie, which just might make me own my underpants.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I liked the movie. It didn't need a big battle with some super villian, it would have been nice, but it didn't need it.
I would have gone for any sort of fighting. For Christ's sake, even the animated Superman would at least hit the bad guys.

Any superhero that requires a villain to pull a chunk of alien ore out of his ass for there to even be a storyline is not a superhero to be making movies about. Don't even get me started on how Lois can't recognize the man she loves when he puts on glasses.

Luckly I went to a matinee, otherwise it would have cost me more than $6.50 for those two and a half hours of drivel.

Cuc said:
Batman Begins
Have they named it yet, or can I call it 'Batman Continues' for now?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Batman Begins
Batman Begins was good but wasn't original

Q:Where was the Riddler?
Q:Where was Pinguen?
Q:Where was 2 - Face
Q:Where was Posin Ivy
Q:Cat Woman or Bat Woman Anyone?

Best answers
mf29 said:

They appear in batmans other movies
Edit*
I have a question about superman, if kryptonite can't go through lead why doesn't he wear a lead suit?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't even get me started on how Lois can't recognize the man she loves when he puts on glasses.
im no comic expert but i think that was explained, he like vibrates really fast as clark so their eyes never really catch what clark actually looks like so they cant tell that sups is clark

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:

I haven't seen Batman Begins, but from what I understand, it was a movie about Batman beginning, so why would they have villains from far off in his life appear in his accent to superhero. Anyway, I wouldn't want to see those villains packed into it, would be too early imo.

clen said:
I have a question about superman, if kryptonite can't go through lead why doesn't he wear a lead suit?
From what I know, he didn't know lead could protect him from kryptonite till later on with some research from whoever, and then someone made him a lead suit which he wears when he knows someone is going to use kryptonite against him. Thats what I saw in the animated series anyway...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
mf29 said:

All those villains can be found in all the horrible terrible piece of trash batman sequels.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
All those villains can be found in all the horrible terrible piece of trash batman sequels.
Batman Forever wasn't THAT bad. Batman and Robin, however, was a disgrace that brought an end to the batman movies VERY quickly.

Director: "I wonder how many familiar actors I can throw in to get money?!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im saving my money for tomorrow, so i can go see pirates of the caribbean O/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
Quoted for the trouth :p

The new Pirates of the Caribbean sill rock XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
Here here. It should be a gooder.

Best answers
Batman rocked
Batman Returns rocked
Batman Forever + Batman & Robin -> pure crap..

Batman Begins was quite good (shocking tbh).. Looking forward to a sequel :eek:
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 is looking sweet to..

Oh and about Superman Returns -> Yes.. I found it even worse than both Spiderman movies combined (oh god, how those sucked).. It's obvious they want a piece of the superhero-movies-cake, and to me, Batman Begins ate the whole damn cake.

cloud13

C
Funny how it seemed like all you guys wanted was graphicly intense fight seens and yet thats all you got in X3 and you hated it...If i remember correctly in the original superman all there was was lex trying to destroy stuff.... I havn't seen it yet im seeing it saturday, so i can only go on what you guys are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom