• New York Giants

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Australia since somehow making it into the soccer world cup whatever year it was (recently) has gotten soccer fever (football fever perhaps) anyways I'm not a fan of the sport, the chance that I might have to sit through 90 minutes of sports watching, and have potentially no points scored is a little less than exciting.

That's also why I find it hard to sit through test cricket sober. One days and 20-20 matches are far more bearable.

Anyway Rugby > all. It's a shame theres only 3-4 good countries in the world that play (Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England.) Watching those teams play against any other country always ends up in a slaughter (last world cup Australia I think made a new record of some kind thrashing Japan 90-5 as an example)

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? Looks pretty hardcore to me.
Rofl that was pathetic, rugby and AFL are far far more hardcore when it comes to the big blows.

AustraliaLand Allies Rocky and Wheres_ are in the house!!!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When rugby players get to be as big as football players and can run a 40-yard dash in 4.2-4.4 seconds, I'll start paying attention.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kinda obvious the pats were going to win, the Giants, a **** team, vs the Patriots an undefeated team...

Personally I hate the patriots, and I live in New England. As much as I hate them, I'm glad they won, simply because my friend I work with is a HUGE giants fan, and I get to rub it in his face.
So much epic fail in this thread. It's awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When rugby players get to be as big as football players and can run a 40-yard dash in 4.2-4.4 seconds, I'll start paying attention.
I don't really know what the stats are for rugby players, and wouldn't know a yard from a foot, but rugby players are some of the toughest around as far as taking and dishing hits out. AFL also has some of the most athletic guys around. So I don't think you guys are that far ahead in terms of "toughness" If you even are ahead.

@Wheres_ PEACE MY BROTHER!

-edit

I also lol @ people voting giants after the game is over, you guys rule!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying Rugby players aren't tough, but everyone seems to be saying American football players are slouches, which is ridiculous.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You know, for a team that went 19-0 / 18-1* you'd think they'd destroy the giants, but they flopped hard =/. I was so sure they were going to win too. Oh well. Win some, lose some. Times like these I swear it's rigged :O!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, for a team that went 19-0 / 18-1* you'd think they'd destroy the giants, but they flopped hard =/. I was so sure they were going to win too. Oh well. Win some, lose some. Times like these I swear it's rigged :O!
It's a lot harder to win when you're not cheating.

Zing!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's a lot harder to win when you're not cheating.

Zing!
Hence the 18/1* I put up there, that was, from what I can remember, 1 time. Then again, I don't have the oppertunity to watch every game. Now if they cheated over half the games, then I'd agree with you. But one time doesn't account for much to me, if they hadn't cheated and lost, they'd still go to the super bowl.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read somewhere that the NFL believes that they've been cheating for years.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still don't understand why they decided to call it football, when football already existed. :/

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They jam opposing teams radios in their stadium, then record the hand signals from the sidelines. That means that they DID cheat in over half the games minimum for YEARS. Whichever teams didn't change their playbooks this year were also still affected by the cheating. It's easy to win when you know what the opposing team is going to do. I seem to remember a past superbowl victory where they smashed the eagles because they always knew where the ball was going to end up. How many turnovers did they get that game? How many weren't cheat-tastic?

As far as I'm concerned, this was the best possible ending for the Patriots this year, falling one inch short of immortality, and having to face their shame without any leverage.

I'm not going to say the Pats would suck without their performance enhancing downloads :p

But I will say that they didn't deserve the perfect year in the same year they got caught cheating.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ah you see, I didn't know this. I merely watch the game if I happen to be home on a sunday watching T.V. I happened to see that they beat the jets, and then they said they cheated by listening in on something, I really don't remember much of it. I had no idea that they cheat all the time. I figured they were undefeated simply because, well they were good. However, since I don't follow football as much as most other people I do indeed make assumptions based on their record, so when I see a team go 19/0 - 18/1 I figure they would school whatever team they go against in the superbowl.

Though now I know that they cheat, I'm glad they lost. If it's true, then it serves them right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't you have a governing body for your code and shouldn't they be investigating allegations of cheating over several seasons? Sporting rules are pretty strict over here, if foul play is suspected, investigations are conducted and the football clubs are fined some serious cash.

If what Cuc says is true, and people can prove that they've got tapped radio's and such, shouldn't something be done about it? BEFORE the season is over?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
F*ck tom brady
Wow you're an *******. Thanks for contributing.

And about the whole cheating thing. The Patriots were accused once of cheating the first game they played. That was it. After that it was all Belicheck and his team kicking ass and taking names. Yes the Patriots had an undefeated season, but that doesn't mean they're not vulnerable. In fact it was the Giants who first showed that vulnerability about 4 weeks ago when the Pats played them. We only won by 3 points. This time they got the best of us and won by 3 points themselves.

To add on the cheating situation, Bill Belicheck was fined half a million dollars and the team was fined even more. We also lost one of our draft picks. There were allegations of the Patriots cheating in the past, and the NFL is investigating it I think with the FBI even (I'm pretty sure I saw it on sportscenter). The video tape situation was taken care of far long ago, and it really pisses me off when people still talk about it. Like Belicheck said after the controversy "Spygate" was in the past, the Patriots are just looking at training for the next game. And they did that all season and they had a perfect season because of it.

It's a shame that they didn't win the SuperBowl, mistakes were made on the defensive end in the last play of the game. The Patriots were looked at as the tyrants of the NFL season through many eyes, but to me they're still the greatest team to have played football.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they cheated during this season, they don't deserve to win this season. It's not a shame they didn't win, it's justice.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, considering the Super Bowl is over... and you guys want to start a war over allegations.

This thread is 18-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom