SUPER Street Fighter 4: new characters.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYtKHim-yk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I hope they have speed modifiers and additional options like SF3.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So is this going to be a standalone release, or a patch to SF4?

Have the PC version. Not shelling out for another release title for just a few more characters and animations =/

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Stand-alone.

As for what's being added:

The game is planned to feature eight additional characters, as well as tweaks and changes to the existing ones, such as new ultra combos. Among the added characters are T. Hawk and Dee Jay, who were initially intended to be in the original Street Fighter IV but later dropped. Also revealed was Juri, an all new character, Adon from the original Street Fighter and the Zero/Alpha series, and Cody and Guy from the Final Fight series. In addition the game will also feature new stages and will have new audio.

The game will feature a few additional online modes, including Team Battle with up to 8 players, Replay Channel, which allows players to view and save replays from around the world, and Endless Battle, in which the winner plays against a rotating group of players. The game also sees the return of the Car and Barrel Bonus Stages from the Street Fighter II series. A downloadable Tournament mode will also feature.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Street_Fighter_IV#Development

Either way, I'm glad I held out on Street Fighter IV.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeeaaaaaaaa Finally I get to fight with Guy again!

Guy is a beast.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hrmm...i must say its tempting if not just for the car and barrel games.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hrmm...i must say its tempting if not just for the car and barrel games.
They said since all the hard work "really" went into the development of the first game- this one will be sold at a reasonable price in comparison- they also said all of the cinematics are getting redone.

Best answers
Rumor price is 40 bucks. You also get some sort of bonus too if you have the original SF4 disc as well.

I'm a heavy SF4 player so I'll definitely be picking this one up. I'm sure Dudley will make an appearance soon enough, probably might be my new main. ;D

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I want yang.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Man. I dont see why they just dont make a big list full of all the characters from the past. All characters taken away, and added into it. I want Alex in it. And Sean too.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, Cody, Adon, and Guy were my favorites from the DC SF game I used to have.

Best answers
Man. I dont see why they just dont make a big list full of all the characters from the past. All characters taken away, and added into it. I want Alex in it. And Sean too.
Because of balance issues and repeat characters. We have a bad enough situation as it is with Ryu, Ken, and Akuma. Virtually all the same moves and styles but with some different additions. We don't need Sean in here now with more shoto-ness.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Because of balance issues and repeat characters. We have a bad enough situation as it is with Ryu, Ken, and Akuma. Virtually all the same moves and styles but with some different additions. We don't need Sean in here now with more shoto-ness.
Well Paco... I mean Sean wasn't exactly the same. I liked winning by hitting people with a basketball. Ryu, Ken, and Akuma are understandable. Gouken is ok I guess. Bison, Vega, and Balrog are ok. Guy should have always been in it.

Haggar should be in it. He would be like Freddy from Cromartie High School.

Best answers
Well Paco... I mean Sean wasn't exactly the same. I liked winning by hitting people with a basketball. Ryu, Ken, and Akuma are understandable. Gouken is ok I guess. Bison, Vega, and Balrog are ok. Guy should have always been in it.

Haggar should be in it. He would be like Freddy from Cromartie High School.
Ok Henry, a shoto with a basketball? Anything else i miss that was special about him?

I main Gouken, and he's definately different from the typical shoto. A shoto must have a hadoken, a shoryuken, and a tatsumaki. Gouken's tatsumaki is pretty much his shoryuken with dreadful recovery and horrible priority and it doesn't even hit low. So I wouldn't classify him as a shoto since he lacks a shoryuken and general hurricane kick.

Why should Hagger be in it? He has never been in a SF game before. What would make him different from Zangief? They should implement another type of grappling character besides a wrestler. Maybe some genius way they can implement a BJJ character.

Anyways Hagger's already in the game...

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Haggar's Piledriver was beasty is why.

edit: btw, thanks for showing this. Didn't know you could actually edit stuff like that for SF4... then again its PC...

Last edited:
Best answers
We already got a piledriver in the game.

Oh that mod is only a piece of frosting on the cake. There are tons more quality mods. Even did a few myself, although they're not that great.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok Henry, a shoto with a basketball? Anything else i miss that was special about him?

I main Gouken, and he's definately different from the typical shoto. A shoto must have a hadoken, a shoryuken, and a tatsumaki. Gouken's tatsumaki is pretty much his shoryuken with dreadful recovery and horrible priority and it doesn't even hit low. So I wouldn't classify him as a shoto since he lacks a shoryuken and general hurricane kick.

Why should Hagger be in it? He has never been in a SF game before. What would make him different from Zangief? They should implement another type of grappling character besides a wrestler. Maybe some genius way they can implement a BJJ character.

Anyways Hagger's already in the game...

Main reason for the push for Haggar is because of Cody and Guy.

Best answers
True but the thing is, Guy and Cody have unique movesets. What are they going to do with Haggar? Make a Zangief clone, like how Ryu and Ken are? SSF4 is pretty much made for the hardcore sf4 fans. They didn't have Haggar in SFAlpha, where Guy and Cody were both in Alpha. Next characters we'll see will probably be Ibuki, Dudley and/or Makoto, and some middle eastern guy named Hakan whose supposedly a grappler obsessed with oil.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I never really played as Yun or Yang but Wouldn't they somewhat be clones then?

I mean I know nothing really about them, so dont hate me for posting this.

Best answers
In terms of appearance, yeah. But they have different movesets. Ken and Ryu have the exact same special moves with different properties. Otherwise, their normals and other properties such as Health, Stun, etc. are different.

Hey, I can't hate anyone who doesn't know something. In this world, there aren't any stupid people, just people who don't know. Although, there are some really really dumb people out there who don't use their brain.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. But I know people who are better with Ken styled then Ryu. They do have different speeds in their attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom