Super speed

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks pretty but it isnt necessary. Too much focus on eye-candy can only take away from the time the team spends on the gameplay aspects (not to mention it would have some sort of impact on our fps).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Zeonix said:
It looks pretty but it isnt necessary. Too much focus on eye-candy can only take away from the time the team spends on the gameplay aspects (not to mention it would have some sort of impact on our fps).
I don't think the "booster" is really hard to put in, they already added the swoop stuff, so a booster shouldn't be a problem at all. And i don't think a booster would haev a small impact on the FPS (Frame Per Second). Depends of course what they are adding on the booster.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just use the skin/model(Or whatever, I know nothing about that!) of a beam and tweak it a little, and make the windy stuff like when you power up, then I'm sure it would look nice, and with an extra booster.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was referring to the swoop trail.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I was referring to the swoop trail.
The swooptail dosent drom FPS that much. Trust me on this with my 20 FPS ingame i notice evry drop :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
The swooptail dosent drom FPS that much. Trust me on this with my 20 FPS ingame i notice evry drop :p
1. how would you know?
2. what does your frames have anything to do with anything?
Anyone notices a drop when their frames drop. A swoop trail isn't needed. Hence why something so easy to do was not done in ESF earlier.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They had the dusttrails in 1.1 which looked nice, but also dropped your fps by 30 or something. I remember having it activated when I first started playing. I had to stay in the air and away from walls.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The aura trails dont do **** to your fps. I used them whth AMXX all the time and nothing proformed any worse than normal. Dunno bout you guys....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont use amxx.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My fps didn't drop at all in 1.1 and I have a crappy computer, I don't know why it affected you.....
But if those SMALL trails effected your fps or something then your game wouldn't look to good while you character is transforming with all those special effects.

nge

Best answers
The one's on ESF world kill bad computers. Furthermore, it is possible to turn off those lower-computer killing special effects.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
My fps didn't drop at all in 1.1 and I have a crappy computer, I don't know why it affected you.....
But if those SMALL trails effected your fps or something then your game wouldn't look to good while you character is transforming with all those special effects.
You're kidding me right? When I used to play 1.1 all those years ago (Just 2...w/e), it killed my fps. It didn't drop by 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10. Im talking about it dropping my fps by 20 or 30. Unless you have a badass graphics card, it will drop your fps. 10 people on a server swooping near the ground used to infuriate me so I had to disable it. Everything else looked great because I had the fxquality at max. Cl_dusttrails doesn't affect anything other than dusttrails.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i had a 12 people server full with bots and i got my standard 15 FPS. Thats how mutch i get in 1.2.3 when 12 people are in a server. Basicly i didnt get any FPS drop.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you joining other servers or are you making servers? And are these servers full of people or bots?

nge

Best answers
I'm not so sure people know how to view FPS rather than guesstimate. At 15 fps, all your sounds start getting distorted and movement doesn't happen for a while. It affects more than your ability to track- it affects the ability to move, the speed at which you move at, and ability to attack, and pretty much everything else.

On this computer, I get about 25, and it's a 7 year old dell. When in fights and such it drops to 4-10 at times, but 25 average unless I'm rechargeing.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On my old pc that I used for 1.1, I would normally get 60 fps unless I had dusttrails on in which case I'd get 25-30 every time I swooped. To balance out my fps I had 180-300 ping (250 most of the time).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My server full of bots.

nge said:
I'm not so sure people know how to view FPS rather than guesstimate. At 15 fps, all your sounds start getting distorted and movement doesn't happen for a while. It affects more than your ability to track- it affects the ability to move, the speed at which you move at, and ability to attack, and pretty much everything else.

On this computer, I get about 25, and it's a 7 year old dell. When in fights and such it drops to 4-10 at times, but 25 average unless I'm rechargeing.
As for my PC i have a 7 year old P3 550 PC. And i constantly play with a max of 30 FPS (if map is small and only 1 person in it besides me). With 4-6 people i have 20 FPS. When the number reaches 12 im down to 15 max. Thats the way i play. Normaly id stay close to teh edge of the map evading attacks while looking at the skybox (that makes my FPS round 20 again).

If you want proof i can gladly take a fiew screens when im playing next time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bots aren't people....

The difference with you and me is I joined servers. I never made them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My ping is ALWAYS above 550 if I join a game, unless GrimReaper creates it, we live 40 km from each other, but when I create I get that server bososter thing, well everybody get's it if they create a server.
But I never got much of a fps drop in 1.1, I wonder why?
I only have Geforce 4 mx 440 (64mb)
3.0 ghz(That time I had 1,8 ghz)
Had 512 RAM, still have.
64 bit asrock motherboard(I don't know why i'm posting this.....)

Maybe I have a super computer that I don't know about.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow and we're back on topic!

It might be frustrating to not be able to catch somebody with a higher base speed than you, but a boost as large as you are referring to is asking for too much. I could understand using some kind of stamina feature to temporarily boost your speed above turbo, and I could see the virtue of having a trail with an aura around you, but I wouldn't count on either. I have no clue what's going on with stamina, but I'm still fairly certain they're implamenting a kind of charge up boost which might increase speed similarly to EEA.

As far as computer specs are concerned, different combonations of hardware and drivers work better on half life than some newer combonations. I still don't get smooth FPS all the time in half life with a radeon 9800xt, and I know it isn't because I lack the processing power. He could just have a more compatible system. Let's just get back on topic for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom