Super Smash Brothers Brawl: More Awesome Than Before

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;S9AsppcDPtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9AsppcDPtE[/video]

^^^That is Sonic, with Soap Shoes and a new moveset, fighting Shadow the Hedgehog with correct quills and unique attacks.

The Brawl hacking scene has gotten to a point where textures, effects, movesets, and vertices. Importing models has also become possible. These possibilities completely renew the replay factor for me with Brawl. I've been playing my Wii a lot more lately because of this.

Take a look :D

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/Chakra-X/BrawlScreens/

Look at my YouTube video for links to these models, move sets, textures, etc.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the Ichigo and Naruto model animations get done I'll do this as well and for the other characters as well. :D

Are these Brawl+ compatible too?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the Ichigo and Naruto model animations get done I'll do this as well and for the other characters as well. :D

Are these Brawl+ compatible too?
I use Brawl+ so all of these are compatible. Naruto needs a bit more tweaking in terms of balance but he's stable and has many unique animations (He has TWO final smashes!). Goku is Heavy WIP and only has a handful of animations done. But I am loving the Sonic Adventure 2 edit with the new moveset.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time to download and install. I am guessing this will work on my Modded wii?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Brawl+ so all of these are compatible. Naruto needs a bit more tweaking in terms of balance but he's stable and has many unique animations (He has TWO final smashes!). Goku is Heavy WIP and only has a handful of animations done. But I am loving the Sonic Adventure 2 edit with the new moveset.
Brawl+ is the way to go, it's a shame I'm PAL ^^. Brawl has a lot to offer hack-wise, there's just so much to do.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I thought you were talking about a new Smash Bros. game, I don't care much about hacks, they look cool to watch but installing them is another story.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought you were talking about a new Smash Bros. game, I don't care much about hacks, they look cool to watch but installing them is another story.
Initially, yes. Setting it up can be a pain. However, it's got to the stage where you put files in the right folders and away it goes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wth is Brawl+?
Brawl+ is a compilation of hacks that changes the physics and character attributes throughout the game. They did this to improve the original brawl when they felt certain gameplay aspects took away from the fun. I enjoyed Brawl, I liked how had an emphasis on aerial combat, because I can't do all those "pro" moves like shortjump-shortfalling, chain grabbing, and I never liked the idea of wave dashing. People though Brawl+ would be "Melee" 2.0, which it really is not.

All character have essentially been boosted, and by that I mean there is a much smaller gaps between the "tiers". So certain attacks are stronger, come out quicker, knock a person back further, and other 'meta game' edits that, while subtle, make characters like Sonic more playable. I love Sonic, but he SUCKED in the original brawl. Brawl+ made some of his moves more efficient, such as his forward air attack, which moves faster, allowing all the hits to make contact, or his down air, when he lands there is less lag for him to get up.

Gravity is higher, everyone moves a bit faster, RANDOM tripping has been removed, and there is NO WAVEDASHING.

BUT. The big part of this is that Brawl+ comes with a "file placement" code by a guy named Phantom Wings. This code allows you to download custom textures, move sets, model imports, music, stages, and menus. You could also opt out of Brawl+ and just get the file placement code.

But you NEED a Wii running the Homebrew Channel, a softmod for the Wii, as well as an SD card. There are tutorials out there, but if you updated to System Men 4.3, you're out of luck for now because Nintendo deletes the Homebrew Channel from the Wii if detected.

And the setup, while it takes a bit of time and maybe trial and error (more so if you do not have Homebrew Channel), it's smooth sailing once you have all the files. You can rename and move files ON the Wii with a Homebrew Application. When you download new textures, you put your SD card in the computer and copy the files to their appropriate folder, simple as pie. You can also just download the "Brawl+ Updater" for the Wii or for PC and it will automatically download all the current Brawl+ files (including the file placement code) on to your SD card.

MORE PICS

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I replaced Ike with Cloud... it was pure awesome! Someone needs to get that waterfall map (the Naruto one) to work, no animations for the water.

Is it possible to make the custom characters have their own character slot?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I replaced Ike with Cloud... it was pure awesome! Someone needs to get that waterfall map (the Naruto one) to work, no animations for the water.

Is it possible to make the custom characters have their own character slot?

I don't believe so, since its pretty much like the Gogeta on Goku model here for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom