Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/index.html

We've got some interesting new comers now. I'm surprised they put Pit in the game as I don't think Kid Icarus was that popular. Though I guess it was popular enough for a couple characters from it to be on Captain N. I <3 Zero Suit Samus though :D. And I won't ruin it in this post, but I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised if they continue to watch the clip even if it seems as if it is over.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's show time!

I'm totally hyped about the new game. They really went into detail on this now. Total rehaul on Mario and Link. God, this game is going to be good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm... I know that there were some Metal Gear games on Nintendo, but when I think Snake, I think PSX.

I liked how, while Mario and Link are retextured (and improved, might I add), Kirby and Pikachu look identical to how they did before. Now, before you go and tell me that you can't add texture to a cartoon character, think back to how Mario and Link started off. I just thought it funny they chose those two characters to show the changes... two characters that werent changed in the least.

Well, the best I can hope for is a game that is not just a rehash of the last two, something Nintendo is exeedingly talented at doing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I absolutely can not wait for this game. It's the best ****ing thing i've seen all E3. The game looks so fun, I mean Snake is in it! That's just awesome. All the other new characters look sweet, those super moves look killer, and I just don't even know how to express my joy.

It's gonna be awesome, simple as that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but what the hell is Snake doing in there? I thought SSB games were for Nintendo franchise characters (Mario, Zelda, Kirby et al).

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but what the hell is Snake doing in there? I thought SSB games were for Nintendo franchise characters (Mario, Zelda, Kirby et al).
I wish there was atleast one Street Fighter in SSBB.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
IMO, it's doing exactly what SSB is supposed to do - it's mixing things up.

I'm positively stoked! If this one is any bit as big as SSBM was, then I can already get a sense for how many hours of my life are going to be stolen by the Wii :rolleyes:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This may be why I get the next-gen Nintendo console.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we should all play against eachother sometime. And Frs, if you watch the video again and pause before the improved Kirby and Pikachu, you notice changes. Trust me, Pikachu looks different. Kirby, only gets his blushed cheeks re-vamped.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Metal Gear for the NES. Long, long before most of the characters in SSB were even created.

Wikipedia said:
There were two main versions of Metal Gear initially produced: the original MSX2 version and the Famicom/NES version. The MSX2 version was the first version of the game, designed by Hideo Kojima and his team, while the NES version was a port, developed by a different team within Konami. The NES version was the more well-known version, being released for a mainstream platform. It was also the only one of the two versions released in North America, in addition to Japan and Europe.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, most of the Snake games have been on nintendo systems, the only noticable excepetions are MG2(J) and MGS3:SE. So, Snake hogging for the lose, he's multi-platform!

This game is a must have for the Wii, I mean I, er . . . us.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
One of the officials even said there woul;d be possiblities of 3rd party characters, so it may drift away from nintendo only.

I am glad the controls won't be hectic, but it makes you think, how many games won't use the Wii remote?

Best answers
Why's no one talking about the best news of all?! Wario! Woo! Now that Wario's in, all we need now is a Sonic character or two, and all my SSB dreams have come true, :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
One of the officials even said there woul;d be possiblities of 3rd party characters, so it may drift away from nintendo only.
That explains Snake better then, just because he's been featured on other Nintendo games (Twin Snakes was the one that sprang to my mind) doesn't make him a Nintendo franchised character, but if they're implementing 3rd party characters then it makes sense.

I wonder what moves he's going to have, because neck-snapping Kirby would be tricky.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Kojima begged Nintendo to throw snake in there....this game rocks

Best answers
We were talking about this in the E3 thread, and I'm just super stoked...my life was ruled by SSBM, two friends of mine and I played it for hours on end...this is a definite plus for Mii (this is only the start of the puns Cuc)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Then the subject turned to Solid Snake's role in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. After commenting it was a good question, Sakurai said he thought long and hard on how to fit Snake in, since he's usually armed with a gun. Sakurai said he doesn't want to incorporate real weapons in game, but if the characters used rocket launchers or other explosives it might be funny. He also said Snake will use his infamous cardboard box in the game."

No guns, perhaps? I wouldn't really want guns in a SSB game anyway. Bullets would be too hard to see and too hard to react to, plus they don't really fit in with all the other flashy attacks the other characters have.

Giving Snake a Nikita Missile seems like a very real possibility to me. And grenades. There's already plenty of explosive attacks in SSB (Samus' heat-seeking missiles come to mind), so I don't see why they couldn't use weapons like missile launchers, which is why I think they have a very good chance of being in the game.

We might also see Snake getting some decent CQC action, methinks. Some type of combo system comparable to Roy and Marth's combo system? I'm just thinking aloud here, though. :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Somebody just crapped in my pants.

This game actually gives me a reason to get the new next-gen system from Nintendo. I love how they revolutionized Link and Mario, they look kickass, and Wario is in it, as well as Pit and MetaKnight-.. totally badass. Zero Suit Samus looks awesome as well. It'll be interesting to see how this game will play out with the controller.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm hoping Zero Suit Samus won't be a different character, but merely like an alternate form for Samus to take. Like, it would be nice if you could, like Sheik/Zelda, switch between the two forms mid-battle. That would freaking RULE, seeing as how Zero Suit Samus has some type of gun that transforms into an energy blade, and Varia Suit Samus obviously has her Missiles, Power Beam, etc. It would be really sweet to switch between projectile- and sword combat whenever I wanted to. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom