Super Saiyan Appearance Guide

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay. I've decided to make some sort of Super Saiyan appearance guide.
Note that all of the pictures below are taken from manga and are canon.

Super Saiyan
Saiyan's aura and hair become golden. Hair also rises by some sort of amount. This amount seems to be different for different Saiyans. Eyes get greenish blue.
There's also a Full-Power Super Saiyan. That's not a form, but it has its changes. Since Saiyan no longer feels strange in Super Saiyan form, he acts about the same as in base form. You can notice Goku and Gohan having round-type eyes that they never had before becoming Full-Powered Super Saiyans.

Ultra Super Saiyan
This title is actually just a fan term, just as Ascended Super Saiyan. It's a different kind of transformation, if it can be called a transformation. Speed and energy are sacrificed in order to gain incredible strength by growing huge muscles. Two levels of Ultra Super Saiyan were introduced. Hair also grow a bit when transforming (higher level - bigger hair growth).

Super Saiyan 2
In this form electric sparks are added into Saiyan's aura (not always drawn though), hair stand much more (on top), less hair on forehead are introduced. Since almost all the hair are standed up, you can see that they're more detailed (there are more lines, shapes). So even if there are no sparks introduced, you should be able to tell if Saiyan is Super Saiyan 2 by looking at his hair.

Super Saiyan 3
This is the last and strongest level of Super Saiyan. It has the most drastic changes in appearance (and as told - in power too). Hair grow a lot, Saiyan loses his eyebrows and gets Piccolo-like (or enemy-like, as said by Gotenks) "things" over the eyes, black pupils also appear in Goku's case (but not in Gotenks', fusion or Trunks' eyes might have something to do with this). Lightning sparks don't disappear, but possibly become even more intense in Saiyan's aura.

Goku.​
Something more

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hair grow on USSJ isnt totally correct.

Aside of one of Vegetas visuals the hair is consistent and Trunks didnt cut his for a year hence why it so big ^^

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your ussj levels are messed up- that is trunks in form 2 and goku in form and then 2. Trunks pops into form 1 quickly before giving chase to 2nd stage cell to stop his trans- check the manga out.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a good idea, especially with pics from the manga. You just have to put all things in order. ^_^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, Trunks was supposed to have 2nd stage and Goku - 1st stage. I mixed those two together. Fixed.

Hair grow on USSJ isnt totally correct.

Aside of one of Vegetas visuals the hair is consistent and Trunks didnt cut his for a year hence why it so big ^^
Wrong. The hair obviously grow in USSJ form.

Best answers
Gohan is not SSJ2 against Dabra. He said he couldn't enrage as he did agaisnt Cell. And sparks are always drawn in the manga.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohan is not SSJ2 against Dabra. He said he couldn't enrage as he did agaisnt Cell. And sparks are always drawn in the manga.
He was SSJ2, but not as enraged as in Cell Games Saga. Gohan had SSJ2 hair against Dabura, so he was SSJ2. There can be several explainations why there were no sparks. Go to the correct thread if you want to discuss about it. I'm 100% sure that Gohan was SSJ2, that's why I added it into my guide. I don't care if some people don't believe me.

Best answers
You have some problems with the SSJ2. Aura is also different.
Gohan's hair is not a point here, because IN THAT PART, GOHAN HAD 1 HAIR LOCK EVEN IN BASE FORM.

But as you said, I'm 100% sure Gohan was SSJ. I don't care if some people don't believe me.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then create your own guide. There's no ****ing explaination how weak Gohan as SSJ could have been equally matched with an opponent stronger than Perfect Cell. Gohan never had 1 strand in base form, except when he was drawn incorrectly/had hidden potential unlocked.

Did you read the part "Go to the correct thread if you want to discuss about it"? Your only argument is that there were no sparks. I have more arguments:
  • SSJ2 hair;
  • logical explaination why he was equal to Dabura;
  • theorical explaination why there were no sparks: Gohan wasn't at full power after he had his energy sucked, but he still managed to go SSJ2;
  • stated in Daizenshuu that Gohan was SSJ2 against Dabura.
You lose.

Last edited:
whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hair doesn't grow in ussj- trunks' lacky broke, that's all.

Post a scan of daizenshuu page, or that evidence is just moot.

Can you not rest at the fact that adult gohan has the capacity to go ssj2? Who cares if he did or did not fight in that form against Dabura- who may have been stronger or weaker than Cell (who by the way, Goku was almost on par with in regular ssj)

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Why does everyone always call the Gohan against Cell "Teen Gohan"? Nine years old isn't exactly a "teen".

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I agree. I also don't really like to call him that way, but well, I did in this guide. Gohan 7 years after Cell Games should be the one called teen Gohan IMO.

And he was 11 years old (10 before entering ROSAT, 11 after leaving it), not 9.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind that the Dragon Ball manga translation in Manga Fox is fan-made. And that panel was translated incorrectly. Gohan is 18 years old in Buu Saga.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno if the hair really grows in SSJ to USSJ or SSJ to SSJ2. I think maybe more strain is put on the body forcing everything upward along with the motions of the Aura.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom