Super Ki recharge takes Stamina

Best answers
I thought it'd be cool if using turbo while recharging Ki would charge it twice as fast, but cause a huge drain on your stamina. Like at a 1:1 ratio.

So assuming you knock someone down but you're out of Ki, which happens all too often, you can quickly recover it to charge an attack. If the attack doesn't kill them, you're both on equal footing with low stamina, except you have a silent victory and an advantage for having hurt him.

Overall, it's like taking your melee ability and sacrificing it for a ki attack. It'd help tie melee and ki attacks more together I think.

For some style points, you could throw on a scream from the character while they turbo charge. It'd cue the opponent they're getting ready to blow your ace up. Talk about suspense.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You use turbo ti gain PL at the cost of KI. Having KI recharge faster with turbo on is just wrong.

Best answers
If it conflicts so much with what makes sense then make it another button with E. I'm talking about the purpose of having it, not necessarily how it's done.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say runing out of KI is punishment for bad KI controll. Why should there be a button that gets you out of it.

Id agree more to a negative KI usage idea where you charge past 0 KI into an attack and are punished with a little stun afterwards.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i think would be a good alternative is to be able to sacrifice a large ammount of stamina to recharge your ki in one easy animation. sort of like how they got bursts of energy from their emotional overflow.

a full bar of ki would use all your stamina, while a half bar would use half your stamina. if your desperate for ki you can discard your use of the teleports to refill your ki. could be useful if your opponent is the "hit hard, hit fast, and hit constant" type.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or simply use Greater Blessing of Kings + Prayer of Fortitude + Power Word: Fortitude + Mark of the Wild and your stamina will be huuuuuuuge ;o

P.S. WTF this isn't wow. I apologize.

Best answers
sacrifice a large ammount of stamina to recharge your ki in one easy animation. sort of like how they got bursts of energy from their emotional overflow.
Yeah that's the idea. Whatever is easiest to program is what I'm for.

I say running out of KI is punishment for bad KI control. Why should there be a button that gets you out of it.
Well, Grega, I'm glad you asked that. :smile: It gets you out of one thing and into another. If the enemy fakes having no stamina and lays there, and you put all of your stamina into ki, they can just jump up and kick your ass. Now YOU'RE the one on the ground without stamina, so they blow you the F up. But if you didn't convert all of your stamina... etc etc.

It's important enough in that it acts as a way to change the momentum in fights in both directions dramatically and unpredictably; It's not an easy way out. It depends mostly on how smart the player is, and how well he knows his opponent.

The level of risk depends on how well the player maintains his stamina. If he has a lot, he can risk using some for enough Ki to attack. If he's almost out, then he risks getting countered and being in the same situation. Both players need to keep track of the other's stamina without really ever knowing.

The skilled player can gamble his experience against uncertainty and POSSIBLY win... which is how the anime usually is. They're never certain when they charge an attack if it'll succeed or fail, and you have to wait 5 episodes to see if it'll work. Luckily, we don't. ^_^

And sorry to make this reply so long... but because of this topic, I'd like to open another thread for discussion... or two.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can see the sacrifice stamina for KI thing. But you should know. Stamina wont effect only teleports. No stamina means you wont be able to swoop, or use any attacks eather. Youll be able to fly slowly and thats all.

Best answers
I can see the sacrifice stamina for KI thing. But you should know. Stamina wont effect only teleports. No stamina means you wont be able to swoop, or use any attacks eather. Youll be able to fly slowly and thats all.
That's awesome that's exactly what I hoped would happen. All that's needed now is to make Turbo only drain Ki and not stamina and it'd be perfect, so at least that way the boost to flying speed would still be there, and it'd promote a close-quarters melee fight.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Or simply use Greater Blessing of Kings + Prayer of Fortitude + Power Word: Fortitude + Mark of the Wild and your stamina will be huuuuuuuge ;o
Grega!!!WHY IS THAT NOT IN ESF??????????????????????

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then i have 3 ideas for that.
the same idea i posted above. sacrifice stamina for ki.

when your out of ki, you dip into your stamina pool. that, combined with stamina loss from dealing punches and getting hit could be catastrophic, if not monitored.

or

a small, ten second burst of power in exchange for all your stamina? you get full ki back, move slightly faster, attacks do more damage but your affected by having no stamina afterwards. but, maybe you can only do this if your extremely low on ki or out altogether.

or, hell, combine them all. since all characters would be able to do this, its balanced.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
then i have 3 ideas for that.
the same idea i posted above. sacrifice stamina for ki.

when your out of ki, you dip into your stamina pool. that, combined with stamina loss from dealing punches and getting hit could be catastrophic, if not monitored.

or

a small, ten second burst of power in exchange for all your stamina? you get full ki back, move slightly faster, attacks do more damage but your affected by having no stamina afterwards. but, maybe you can only do this if your extremely low on ki or out altogether.

or, hell, combine them all. since all characters would be able to do this, its balanced.
the third part reminds of some kind of a kaioken.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would'nt that be the same as naruto geting body tired in exange of some chakra? indeed deco it sounds like kaioken. I think that enlarging KI pool - more 25 % for each char - would solve the problem.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well im actually for the 3rd part since it will add some color to the fighting.

2 things that really added to the fighting is the no limit(sort of) basic melee hits and the turbo charge.

Having some kind of kaioken style thing in the game will add more color and more style (oh yeah!) to the fighting

Best answers
That's not a bad idea. It depends on how much stamina is damaged from Ki and Melee, and how much it takes to swoop/teleport. If there's already a lot of ways to lose stamina, then it might be over the top to have it drain stamina when you're out of Ki.

And another thing to keep in mind. You forfeit any other penalty that might result from having no Ki, such as not being able to stand, swoop, or teleport. So now you're making people mobile again.

I think that enlarging KI pool - more 25 % for each char - would solve the problem.
You could either add more Ki or change the amount that's taken away from every Ki-related activity. It's all relative.

It'd be useful if you have no health and lots of stamina and you could berserk like this. It gives you a way to go out with a bang. Maybe allow a faster melee recovery rate too.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not a bad idea. It depends on how much stamina is damaged from Ki and Melee, and how much it takes to swoop/teleport. If there's already a lot of ways to lose stamina, then it might be over the top to have it drain stamina when you're out of Ki.

And another thing to keep in mind. You forfeit any other penalty that might result from having no Ki, such as not being able to stand, swoop, or teleport. So now you're making people mobile again.
honestly i'd like to see my third option implemented than the other 2. but for this one, you could make it so that you cant do certain things when you run out of ki. and if you run out of stamina, your ****ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom