Super dbz D:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Video's:

http://spdbz.jp/special/movie.html

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/action/superdragonballz/index.html (some vids not much info)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQQ... cartoon playstation psp nintendo martial art

Well, this game looks awesome to me, I think it looks like a direct copy of that chou dbz game that i saw here not long ago. Something tells me this dbz game will be good, probably better than tenkaichi 2

here's an article i basically stole from the gamespot forum =P:
Heres the full pre-E3 hands on preview for Super Dragon Ball Z.

In the furthering adventures of Son Goku, 18 fighters will soon gather in arenas across the land to take part in a virtual competition which shall here fore be known as Super DBZ. Some may live, some may die, but one thing's for sure - there's going to be some crazy Instant Transmission action all over the place.

In yet another offshoot of Atari's highly-popular Dragon Ball Z game series, Super DBZ attempts to find itself a warm niche in the action, its focus being competition fighting. We're talking Street Fighter II-type hardcore competition here, and that's not simply a coincidence - Noritaka Funamizu, the creator of Street Fighter 2, is heading up the project as the first game from his new studio, Craft and Master. Part of the theory behind its hardcore tilt is that while there are plenty of kids into DBZ, there are just as many who grew up with the franchise and are now looking for a real challenge. Makes sense to us.

What we've seen and played of the game certainly makes it out to be a tighter, more refined game than any Dragon Ball Z title we've seen in the past. While other games in the franchise have gone for bigger and more explosive experiences, tying in tens if not hundreds of fighters and a wide assortment of battle arenas, Super DBZ goes in the somewhat opposite direction, offering a small set of extremely refined characters and arenas that have been tweaked, polished and spit-shined as perfectly as possible. The result is a fighter that Atari hopes can stand toe-to-toe with the big boys of fighting games - Street Fighter, Soulcalibur, Tekken and the like.

While the character set is "limited" to 18, there are a handful of playable characters not yet seen in a DBZ game. Chi-Chi, Goku's wife, makes her first appearance, for example. Not only that, but original Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama has created a Mecha-Frieza specifically for the game. Talk about official...

Each character is able to be upgraded through a series of attributes, such as blocking, attack power and so forth. As you play through the game a number of times with each character, they'll become stronger and stronger. Not only that, but you'll be able to assign them one of two special moves that aren't actually locked to that character. So if you want to equip Frieza with Goku's moves, you're able to do this. Upgraded and customized characters are saved on your memory card so that you're able to take your fighter set to a friend's house and play against his motley crew. Cool stuff.

Super DBZ's play mechanics, as suspected, mimic those of Street Fighter more so than many other battle games. Special attacks are assigned to certain button sequences and you'll have to be quick to pull them off as it's quite a fast game. Rather than charging for a massive attack for a while and unleashing one huge, devastating burst of power, Super DBZ is more focused on throwing smaller but much quicker attacks.

The actual combat is a little more subdued than other Dragon Ball Z games, but this makes sense given its design. Special attacks still look rather powerful and cause a great deal of damage, but they're not quite as "otherworldly" as you might see in the series. Remember, this is a refined competition game.

Though there are only seven stages, the few we saw were fairly large, some of which contained multiple tiers. They're fully destructible as well, so the large, knocked-over gas truck that appears in one of the levels can indeed be fully destroyed. It's cool stuff.

Super DBZ really is a different sort of Dragon Ball Z game. It really looks to be a game where the refined and practiced gamer will excel, and that's the point - this isn't a kid's game.

---
Super DBZ really is a different sort of Dragon Ball Z game. the practiced gamer will excel, and that's the point - this isn't a kid's game. -IGN

Best answers
This will probably be my favorite Dragonball Z game since Dragonball Z Legends. The game looks simply outstanding-- these are just some of the videos that had a major part in making this game an essential purchase for me.

Chi-Chi vs Android 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJcq...tle playstation anime video music arcade game

Chi-Chi vs Trunks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhm...n video game playstation xbox 360 martial art

Goku vs Android 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plt8...n video game playstation xbox 360 martial art

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awsome stuff!!
I'm definatly looking forward to playing this game!
Sort of reminded me of Street Fighter haha.
It looks a little weak in the beam's factor but definatly makes up for it with the melee.
Hm, seem's like...
Beam Spamming = Budokai Tenkaichi/2
Melee Hooring = Super DragonballZ

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=\ the game looks horrible, no other way to word it.

unless this is for a handheld system, in which case i could understand perfectly

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That second movie in the first link--it looks like it has almost as much depth as a Guilty Gear game, as far as air combos are concerned.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm,
If you check out the videos on the news it shows the full amount the characters.
Not many...
Looks like the game caculates Power Level's.
On the Trunks VS Frieza video on the news it showed:
NM: Trunks ---VS--- NM: Freiza
PL: 4,348,152 ---=--- PL: 36,213,382
(Frieza's PL) --==-- (Trunks PL)
[Some sort of skill's you could choose went here.] (Limit was 8)
Freiza beat Trunk's with ease, although the person playing as frieza looked more skilled.
2nd video was Cell vs Frieza, somewhat close match's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With consoles as powerful as they are, there is no reason for fighting games to be this simple. It looks like a pile of crap, certainly nothing like a fighting game of this era should. I'm not talking about graphics here, but mechanics. The game looks unbearably stupid. I think they're simply milking the franchise for more money, rather than make a solid fighting game.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its made by the same guy who made street fighter 2.... im beting the game mechanics will be ****ing awesome >_>

I think the graphics look awesome o_O i dunno whats the problem

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
its made by the same guy who made street fighter 2.... im beting the game mechanics will be ****ing awesome >_>

I think the graphics look awesome o_O i dunno whats the problem
Heh, me either.
I love the street fighter series.
Although Cell look's like he's using Muay Thai >>
To me Budokai Tenkaichi's melee looks basic..
Throw punch's and it's an automatic 4 or 5 preset 'combo'.
-edit-
Hah, Chi chi seem's to resemble Chun Li's fighting.
I'm guessing the amount in "Experience" bar chosen increases or decreases your PL to balance/meet those of an inexperienced or new player.
Also this game seems more fast paced, which is good imo.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats not true, your combo changes depending on the direction you hold, plus the round of combat you're in, for example, holding right (if my memory serves me correct) with great saiyaman, you will start to do a spinning twirl kick combo ending with a harder spinning kick. When you hit somebody with a yellow hard hit, and while they are a little stunned start your next set of combo' moves is different, rythmn wise, and some characters damage/effect wise, any sword character will pull out a sword in the second round. Its just cuz tenkaichi is so fast you dont notice the different combo's properly.

Best answers
I will not be getting this game, coz i think the action is too slow. Well Graphics are nice, but meh, this game needs more action indeed.:S

Best answers

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
thats not true, your combo changes depending on the direction you hold, plus the round of combat you're in, for example, holding right (if my memory serves me correct) with great saiyaman, you will start to do a spinning twirl kick combo ending with a harder spinning kick. When you hit somebody with a yellow hard hit, and while they are a little stunned start your next set of combo' moves is different, rythmn wise, and some characters damage/effect wise, any sword character will pull out a sword in the second round. Its just cuz tenkaichi is so fast you dont notice the different combo's properly.
Hold down right for another 4 or 5 hit preset combo.
I guess the combo's in BT are alright becuase you can switch the preset's around...
I dont know why everyones saying the game's slow paced >_>
-edit-
Is it becuase the rounds seem last longer?
or the swooping in BT2 makes you think the action is faster?
Is it the blur effects in BT2?
Bluah...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me neather it looks very fast paced :p
Man would i like to play that game :p

Best answers
Ok i am not sure, but i believe if i understand them correctly, they are saying these are tournament fights, least i think tenkaichi means tournament, like i said im not sure, but the frieza on frieza fight was nice, tho i see alot of whoring the ki ball grab in my future -_-.

http://spdbz.jp/news/index.html

Also found these hidden amongst the image tabs heh, is it just me or are the combo variations quite slim?

Ah well ill give it a go anyways.

http://spdbz.jp/image/051005.html

Best answers
I find it hilarious that any Dragonball Z fan could even shun or speak negative about this game after all the constant complaining for years about depth-- wishing we had a solid Dragonball Z Fighter coming our way... how their constantly doing nothing but milking the franchise for all it's worth... and then they seemingly, throw one in our direction and some people act like they forgot what a solid fighter even looks like-- it's almost inconceivable. I guess they"ve been making games with mediocre fighting mechanics for so long, that people have become entirely accustom to it. How some of you here can say it lacks action, speed, or it has bad mechanics is beyond me...and because i can't do anything about it....i guess i"ll have to sadly, develop acceptive skills for other people opinions.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true we wanted a better dbz game, who doesnt. but after watching those videos I can only come to the conclusion they have taken a gigantic leap BACKWARDS.

even compared to old school fighting game mechanics this one is fairly outdated =\.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do people keep saying the game mechanics are bad! D:
Please explain to me how the fighting system for Super DragonballZ are 'bad'.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
true we wanted a better dbz game, who doesnt. but after watching those videos I can only come to the conclusion they have taken a gigantic leap BACKWARDS.

even compared to old school fighting game mechanics this one is fairly outdated =\.

Well sure i guess your right...it looks abit outdated in some ways-- but outdated doesn't always necessarily mean bad right ? Anyhow, not to make an excuse or anything, but i think it was rather expected anyway, with the game being created by the creator of Street Fighter 2 and all, just my opinion though. I guess we will have to wait and see just how well it plays out in the end, when it's finally released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom