Suggestions w/ picture

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
falling back on my previous idea... I think that the beams that collide in a PS should amass into one big ball... Anyway, I have a lot of changes i'd like you guys to make :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im lovin it (except for the lighting part which I dont really understand).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I AM LOVING IT :YES:

BUT there will be some people where gonna say, What about FPS -_-
-
I think in these days alot of people have good enough comps to run stuff like that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing that I can think of that may lower fps is the dust.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They can probably do most of that crap no problem (Motion blur for example is already in the game) so I'm all for it. It's about time someone suggests something I actaully like :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This suggestion gets the big thumbs up from me :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The dust would eat up FPS (even then, not as much as the current transformations do) and i'm very unsure if the lighting would be possible on the HL1 engine (maybe something with new the FX system?). Everything else I commented on in the POTW thread. Overall, this would make the PS's a lot prettier than what's in 1.3 at the moment at little cost. Two thumbs up here :yes: :yes:

Although bear in mind that not all eye candy has been added to 1.3 yet so we may see a similar image as the POTW further along the line.

nge

Best answers
Eh, larger beams can look nice, but try playing EVM in first person with huge beams flying from your charecter. It's impossible to see anything. If they're too big, you're shooting blind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Eh, larger beams can look nice, but try playing EVM in first person with huge beams flying from your charecter. It's impossible to see anything. If they're too big, you're shooting blind.
easy.. just automatically zoom the camera out when u fire it then zoom back in after you're done firing it

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I agree that the bigger the beam , the harder it is too see. But also, it would be kind of good to have this idea : the stronger the beams, the bigger they should be, to an extent, like maybe a bigger force bubble where the beams are collided at. That way if you see 2 ( or more ) beam struggles going at it, you know to stay the hell away from them when they explode lol. And the bigger they are, it also gives a better feel of power to them.

And seeing the beams grow larger as the struggle wages on would be awesome!

Best answers
I like this idea about the beams and about lighting,and the stronger the beams, the bigger they should be,and the rest of it.3 thumbs up. :yes: :yes:
:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom