Suggestions on what PS3 games to buy?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes, I know.. I made another thread a while back in the Tech Bench with a similar name, just GPU wise. xD

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on what games to buy for PS3?

If anyone's interested my PSN ID is nemesis229o

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Valkyria Chronicles.
inFAMOUS.
Tales of Graces F.
Metal Gear HD collection and Metal Gear Solid 4.
Heavy Rain.
Resonance of Fate.
Nier Gestalt.
Disgaea 3 and 4.

All I can think of at the moment~

EDIT:
Also the Devil May Cry HD Collection and DMC4 if you haven't played them yet~

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Valkyria Chronicles.
inFAMOUS.
Tales of Graces F.
Metal Gear HD collection and Metal Gear Solid 4.
Heavy Rain.
Resonance of Fate.
Nier Gestalt.
Disgaea 3 and 4.

All I can think of at the moment~

EDIT:
Also the Devil May Cry HD Collection and DMC4 if you haven't played them yet~
+Uncharted Series. I personally don't see what all the huge hype about the games is but they were interesting when I played them.

These are just the exclusives.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
+Uncharted Series. I personally don't see what all the huge hype about the games is but they were interesting when I played them.

These are just the exclusives.
The hype was about how great a story it is. I found myself totally emotionally invested in the characters by the end of even the first game. When you are lead to think someone dies, I actually had tears. When a character was betrayed, I actually felt myself start to boil in anger. It's not that I feel the characters are real, just that they are really well done, almost like a book. The fact that Naughty Dog could elicit these kinds of emotions in someone who has literally been gaming since he was 3 years old, just goes to show how amazing they are. To get book like emotions, into an almost movie like experience, that actually lasts over an hour and a half (like most films today) is saying something. Add onto that, that it was the first game that felt like Tomb Raider, where the gun play wasn't such a pain to get around with, and that they have ALWAYS used some real life historical references to back up their stories (eventually it all goes out of wack of course, but for example they talk about Marco Polo's trip in the first game, and at some point, they make mention that his trip took longer then it should have, listing off actual journal dates). So, it has that Indiana Jones feel to it, and everyone loves an Indy movie :D

On topic, it depends on what kind of games you are into. I could say try the SOCOM series, but if you don't like tactical third person shooters, you would want to stay clear of them. SO.. what kind of games ARE you looking for? FPS/TPS/RPG/Racing/Adventure/puzzle, so on and so on?

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Resonance of Fate is great.

I recommend Demon Souls, but Dark Souls is coming to PC. You can find Demon Souls really cheap now.

[video=youtube_share;xd5u_LrqmPo]http://youtu.be/xd5u_LrqmPo[/video]

I also recommend Star Ocean 4. As for Uncharted...I made it quite abit into it before it became really boring and repetitive. Characters are likable, but gameplay is dull and really sucks with a controller.

Bayonetta. Tons of fan service, but also tons of awesome and kick-ass combat. From the maker of Devil May Cry 1-4.

Don't play Metal Gear Solid 4, the hype for it was astronomical and it was an astronomical failure. I'm sure I'm missing other good games, but yeah, my suggestions.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are a lot of old games on the market I would suggest.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't play Metal Gear Solid 4, the hype for it was astronomical and it was an astronomical failure.
You should be very, very glad I don't know where you live.

🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don't see how MGS4 was a 'failure'. People pissed and moaned about not knowing the whole story (nintendo fans, and some xbox people who didn't get all the games) so they make sure that at the end of the 3rd act, you get a total back story. Easily skipable cut scene.

As far as Uncharted being dull, U1 had horrible gunplay, it was a story game through and through. U2 fixed that. Couldn't see playing it on a PC personally, but to each their own.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! The types of games I'm into are pretty much everything.

I love pretty much every kind of game, from Guitar Hero, to Call of Duty, to DDR, to Mario Kart, to Socom (Lovvveeeeed Socom on PS2!!!!!)

🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, I know a lot of fans didn't like SOCOM: Confrontation when it launched. It was FULL of bugs and connection drops. But after a few months it got itself sorted out and then they added the cold front DLC, much better game then it was. I just picked up SOCOM 4 last night, it's not to bad but not fantastic either (story wise. Haven't tried online).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom