Suggestion for the forums, not ESF.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm not sure where ever to post this suggestion since this is not for ESF, but for this forums. I've just seen some posts that has been closed due "its been to old".. I've seen on the filefront forums, plugins installed that makes you unable to post in a thread that is 30 days old. Aint that possible to add such plugin in this forum?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are able to give priorites to stickies though aren't you with that plugin?, take the 1.3 beta disscussion thread for example. Some threads like the funky esf pics thread are also a bit old and are still posted in too.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Thats true, i have to agree with that. But 30 days is 1 month..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Thats true, i have to agree with that. But let me quote you on something. But 30 days is 1 month..
The threads I speak of are well over 30days old, and there are more then enough moderator staff to close threads as it is.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Its just a suggestion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a month isnt a rule set in stone. in most cases its down to the moderators discresion as to whether a thread is closed. take a lot of art threads, in some cases an artist has "their" thread, and they only post their work there, which means it could be anywhere from a day, to 6 months, to a year, before its updated.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
but im not sure if thats possible or not.
All you do is add a time check (all dates are stored as integers) when "reply" is clicked in any thread. Would be very easy to add... 10 lines of code tops. :p

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
a month isnt a rule set in stone. in most cases its down to the moderators discresion as to whether a thread is closed. take a lot of art threads, in some cases an artist has "their" thread, and they only post their work there, which means it could be anywhere from a day, to 6 months, to a year, before its updated.
Bingo.

Take Tales for example. Brilliant artist, posts all her work in one thread.

10-03-2005, 11:20 PM - 02-03-2006, 01:17 AM.

That's a four month disparity between posts. This 'plug-in' would effectively close her thread after 30 days of inactivity. Not only that, the number of old threads that are bumped don't reach into numbers that I can't count on one hand. I think I've closed one or two dead threads max in the past 3 months.

It's not something we necessarily need right now. It' just as easy to close them as they occur.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can anyone say "Tripods"?

Nah I think it would be kind of cheap just to close a thread that was 30 days inactive, take the Teh Pix Thread, someone might not post there for over 30 months and it would be closed. Besides, I know of a forum that uses something like that and I see it as kind of inconvient to close it just becasue it is old.

But, does that mean if I have a thread in the art thread that hasn't been touched in a month, I can revive it if I have updated the art?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Can anyone say "Tripods"?

Nah I think it would be kind of cheap just to close a thread that was 30 days inactive, take the Teh Pix Thread, someone might not post there for over 30 months and it would be closed. Besides, I know of a forum that uses something like that and I see it as kind of inconvient to close it just becasue it is old.

But, does that mean if I have a thread in the art thread that hasn't been touched in a month, I can revive it if I have updated the art?
Take Tales. She posts every single piece of art in one thread. So if you did something similar, made a "Chakra-X's Art Thread", it could be 60 years old, and you could have been the last person to post, but you could still bump it. We've laxed the rules for threads in the art section that fall under this nature.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You could have the "plugin" allow only the author of the thread (or a moderator/admin) to reply to the thread after the last reply is older than 30 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom