Suggestion for explodiing beams prematurely.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
This is about how you are able to explode a beam at will by using the right mouse. I'm sure that won't change, but can we atleast block all the damage from a cheap blast like that if we were holding block when it exploded? Majority of people run for their lives when a beam gets anywhere near them, just because of this fact. I think it's much more fun to block and repel a beam than to simply dodge, or worse, TRY to block it and think you'll catch it, but the guy explodes it in your face. It just seems to be an annoyance.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Block needs to have flaws, it can't just not take damage from anything. I find exploding the beam right in front of somebody's face while blocking is a perfect counter.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That's BS cause you're blocking. You should at least NOT take full damage.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The OP has a point. In 1.2.3 it's quite annoying when you see a beam coming towards you, hold block, and the beam explodes right before reaching you, dealing high damage.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
But think about it ... It doesn't make any sense. Imagine this in real life . Grenade explodes you just block and you don't take as much damage as you would not blocking it. But if you take the grenade and throw it back then you don't take damage . Makes sense doesn't it ?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
But think about it ... It doesn't make any sense. Imagine this in real life . Grenade explodes you just block and you don't take as much damage as you would not blocking it. But if you take the grenade and throw it back then you don't take damage . Makes sense doesn't it ?
It didn't make sense as soon as u said "Imagine this in real life" imagine yourself blocking a Spirit Bomb as Frieza did on Namek... a DBZ hero could guard himself from a blast easily if he were aware it was coming and would explode near him... Otherwise Krillen would be dead every other episode when someone shot some enormous blast.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure somewhere in the plans is damage reduction for blocking splash damage. But with the size of the maps now it's gonna be a lot harder to splash someone like that.

Best answers
I have better suggestion: when I shoot a beam at bluesaiyan, while you're blocking, I detonate it prematurely and not only does it do damage to you but it sends you and your girly yoyo attitude back to 2010 where you stay there in an endless loop. How can you post this then not even 12 hours later post a "this will never be released thread"?

Your new name is Aurum

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I'm pretty sure somewhere in the plans is damage reduction for blocking splash damage. But with the size of the maps now it's gonna be a lot harder to splash someone like that.
I'm talking about the guys who hover 40ft away from you and prematurely explode their generic beams 2ft infront of your face.

--- edit ---

I have better suggestion: when I shoot a beam at bluesaiyan, while you're blocking, I detonate it prematurely and not only does it do damage to you but it sends you and your girly yoyo attitude back to 2010 where you stay there in an endless loop. How can you post this then not even 12 hours later post a "this will never be released thread"?

Your new name is Aurum
Shoo troll, don't boooooooother me ;-)

Like I said in that thread, we're here to discuss the DREAM that is a great DBZ online game for the PC. And in this thread (and every other) we're doing just that.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Your new name is Aurum
Or maybe Aurum Junior ?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
IDK who this Aurum guy is, but I've been playing since 1.1 and was there listening to the 1.2 radio party to so, PLEASE! PUH-LEEZ! ... i think i have a right to comment on things.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Generic beams dont deal that much damage anymore and big attacks dont curve as much anymore.
But personally im in favor oif attacks just disconnecting instead of detonating.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
IDK who this Aurum guy is, but I've been playing since 1.1 and was there listening to the 1.2 radio party to so, PLEASE! PUH-LEEZ! ... i think i have a right to comment on things.
Then why did you make a thread that makes you an "anti-esforces community member" ? Make your mind up. First you tell us that the game will never be released. Then You still say that it's cool. I'll stop offending you ,but think about it... ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, cmon now. For one, this thread it two years old. And two, this has been suggested by every regular forum-goer we have still around. It's always met with "why bother when you can teleport away in the same amount of time?"

Why, seriously, -why- in gods name would you sit around and wait for a beam to hit you? A block struggle should be an "oh shit" thing that you get into at the last second. After all, getting hit directly does more damage than the splash, so the beam user will WANT to hit you for more damage. The reason you should be able to detonate is for when and if you realize someone is gonna block it and you still want to do some damage rather than take the chance you'll be drained entirely of energy and be hit with your own attack/splash.

In conclusion, it's not cheap and you shouldn't be standing around waiting to initiate a block struggle. You ARE going to die.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I didn't just say "It's Cool"... I said it'll never be released because, sorry to say but for 1. All of you fans voted on a poll that you DIDN'T WANT THE TEAM TO RELEASE ESF:Final IN TWO PACKAGES!!! MEANING WE HAVE TO SIT HERE UNTIL THE ENTIRE THING IS COMPLETED BEFORE WE CAN EVEN TEST IT!!! Now, who in their sane mind sees a game that's been in development for consecutive years and doesn't even yearn to TEST it???? It would have been way better than 1.2.3!!! That to me has me thinking that all the fans here are in love with the IDEA of this game more so than actually playing it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and I'm hoping this merges with my last post instead of double posting since I can't seem to edit on this computer:

EDIT: I would be all for beams disconnecting instead of exploding. Certain beams, anyway. Not Final Flash and I personally think SBC should be connected rather than a free shooting projectile.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Ok, cmon now. For one, this thread it two years old. And two, this has been suggested by every regular forum-goer we have still around. It's always met with "why bother when you can teleport away in the same amount of time?"

Why, seriously, -why- in gods name would you sit around and wait for a beam to hit you? A block struggle should be an "oh shit" thing that you get into at the last second. After all, getting hit directly does more damage than the splash, so the beam user will WANT to hit you for more damage. The reason you should be able to detonate is for when and if you realize someone is gonna block it and you still want to do some damage rather than take the chance you'll be drained entirely of energy and be hit with your own attack/splash.

In conclusion, it's not cheap and you shouldn't be standing around waiting to initiate a block struggle. You ARE going to die.
The "beam explode" button can be turned in to a "Beam Disconnect" button which essentially makes your beam a guided missle until you choose to disengage and let it fly straight and then explode... That sounds the most balanced of all to me.

Also, Let's bring it all back to the series... Never anywhere in the show OR comics did anyone fire a beam and explode it prematurely... It's a combat mechanic that is quite simply... unattractive, an annoyance, and not accurate/true to DBZ.

And yeah I agree that SBC should be connected.. at least have u locked there for 2 seconds in an animation or something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom