Suggestion for a new game Mode

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I was thinking since there are functional bots in the game, why not add some kind of survival mode to the mic, something that almost entirely changes the way you might play. A mode which pits the player(s) against a bot, or bots of varying difficulty. At the end of each round; should the player(s) win, they get their health back and advance to fight multiple AI combatants of that difficulty, sometimes changing their tendencies -gearing one bot towards ki -another towards melee. Later rounds would pit player(s) against configurations of multiple enemies with more difficult personalities, combinations, and skills; allowing a great change in pace, and testing the skills of vets and noobs alike.

Allowing multiple players to partake in a kind of wave based survival competition would open up new worlds to the whole experience, offering some space to let rivalries and ki waves fly place they don't usually go. Using the already existing kill system(or adding some kind of new point system which awards players for using certain techniques, or getting multiple kills within a certain time frame), to see who can score the most kills before the time is up; or just keep going until the last man standing falls... oh it's so juicy!

It could serve as a very useful mode to actually help orient people new to ESF, and challenge them to improve, as well as help people get a real sense of what their own skill level is in comparison to others.(Not that a direct fight doesn't say anything) I believe such a mode could help attract a great many people to the project as well as add a whole new level of competition, and/or cooperation for people to enjoy; and give the game and new players much needed structure, direction, and balance.

Something like this seems to be absolutely splendid in my mind, and might possibly not be to hard to implement with the customizable bot system already in the game. Though.. that aside.. if ESF: F launched with such a feature it would really help set it above other mods out there geared entirely towards one singular experience.

O'course if you doesn't like beating up a menagerie of super human dudes(maybe with buddies), then this mode probably isn't for you, but if you take more towards a less competitive experience, or just want to try your hand in an ever changing experience this might be for you!
--

Please feel free to pitch your thoughts or ideas you have about this.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I was thinking since there are functional bots in the game, why not add some kind of survival mode to the mic, something that almost entirely changes the way you might play. A mode which pits the player(s) against a bot, or bots of varying difficulty. At the end of each round; should the player(s) win, they get their health back and advance to fight multiple AI combatants of that difficulty, sometimes changing their tendencies -gearing one bot towards ki -another towards melee. Later rounds would pit player(s) against configurations of multiple enemies with more difficult personalities, combinations, and skills; allowing a great change in pace, and testing the skills of vets and noobs alike.

Allowing multiple players to partake in a kind of wave based survival competition would open up new worlds to the whole experience, offering some space to let rivalries and ki waves fly place they don't usually go. Using the already existing kill system(or adding some kind of new point system which awards players for using certain techniques, or getting multiple kills within a certain time frame), to see who can score the most kills before the time is up; or just keep going until the last man standing falls... oh it's so juicy!

It could serve as a very useful mode to actually help orient people new to ESF, and challenge them to improve, as well as help people get a real sense of what their own skill level is in comparison to others.(Not that a direct fight doesn't say anything) I believe such a mode could help attract a great many people to the project as well as add a whole new level of competition, and/or cooperation for people to enjoy; and give the game and new players much needed structure, direction, and balance.

Something like this seems to be absolutely splendid in my mind, and might possibly not be to hard to implement with the customizable bot system already in the game. Though.. that aside.. if ESF: F launched with such a feature it would really help set it above other mods out there geared entirely towards one singular experience.

O'course if you doesn't like beating up a menagerie of super human dudes(maybe with buddies), then this mode probably isn't for you, but if you take more towards a less competitive experience, or just want to try your hand in an ever changing experience this might be for you!
--

Please feel free to pitch your thoughts or ideas you have about this.
I think this game mode could be good but the survival not should be that hard (they can make a difficulty and how much bots will attack him)
Sorry for bad english

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I think this is a brilliant idea. The only thing that I can say is whether or not this would truly be different from starting a server, and filling up the opposing team with bots and get your friends to play on yours. Bang, you have survival mode without implementing another mode.

I like the idea in general, but I think it could get a bit boring after a time. I personally would just go and play online PvP, because PvE, unless you are a newbie, you probably don't want to play PvE. True, in the first moments of release, there will be a lot of newbies to the new system, but once the players get older and more experienced, it's quite different.

My vote in the end would be not to make the devs have to go and implement a whole new game mode, when you could do it just as easily with what I said above. Perhaps a server mod? :p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I think its nice , and like Horatio said also.
But let the game be released first , then they can add stuff to it... otherwise we'd be waiting much longer then we allready do/are for ESF:F.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
The thought was to give the game a little more flavor, sure you could do most of it yourself with the bot system but having a system or macro that auto-creates the bots and give the game the appeal of having some kind of structured appearance. Cause as it stands There is no clear goal in ESF aside from.. beat up the other guys.

Badassologist Ph/D
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Well the team is working on a few game modes that have not been stated. Who knows? maybe this will be one of them. If you mean for this to be like a horde or defense mode, that would be pretty cool. Maybe defending the dragon balls or something? That would make it an excellent mode.

How about defending the D Balls from hordes of androids from the red ribbon army or aliens that are part of Frieza's planetary trade?

Throw multiple types of mobs like you were saying before. rushers, a few that explode when killed in a suicide attempt to do some damage to you. (this would force you to use ki attacks)

This type of game mode would be incredible if the team had the resources to implement it in game. We would need a modeler, skinner, animator and a bunch more stuff. If I more time with nothing to do I would take up modeling or something. :/

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Well the team is working on a few game modes that have not been stated. Who knows? maybe this will be one of them. If you mean for this to be like a horde or defense mode, that would be pretty cool. Maybe defending the dragon balls or something? That would make it an excellent mode.

How about defending the D Balls from hordes of androids from the red ribbon army or aliens that are part of Frieza's planetary trade?

Throw multiple types of mobs like you were saying before. rushers, a few that explode when killed in a suicide attempt to do some damage to you. (this would force you to use ki attacks)

This type of game mode would be incredible if the team had the resources to implement it in game. We would need a modeler, skinner, animator and a bunch more stuff. If I more time with nothing to do I would take up modeling or something. :/
WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY! I didn't think about defending something, that would be cool, fight for more than just yourself, and the kamakazi enemies would be awesome, force you to use Ki blasts. Cause allot of people just melee and it makes me sad.

Data Technician
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like the idea, it would be fun. But as Horatio also said I fear it might become boring after a while..
Yet it would still be great to have that opportunity :)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Also I'm sure someone fluent in AMX/anything else can make a few simple tweaks to a different game-mode. Keep the idea fresh for when the game comes out and I'm sure there will be plenty of talented mod-modders out there to make something halfway decent.

As far as wanting to use kiblasts, I can see that but the "elites" like to melee duel. I wouldn't mind seeing beams made more "duel" viable. Some way where they could charge fast enough to use as a finisher/opener in a melee combo and have a hard cap on damage so you can't just one shot people. I dunno, maybe something like your PL or your special meter can determine how your beam gets charged. This way you could drain your special meter and instantly have a beam/ball ready to fire so you can make more interesting combos. This way you could also make it to where a beam is only a bigass super nuke if you charge it the old school way.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Also I'm sure someone fluent in AMX/anything else can make a few simple tweaks to a different game-mode. Keep the idea fresh for when the game comes out and I'm sure there will be plenty of talented mod-modders out there to make something halfway decent.

As far as wanting to use kiblasts, I can see that but the "elites" like to melee duel. I wouldn't mind seeing beams made more "duel" viable. Some way where they could charge fast enough to use as a finisher/opener in a melee combo and have a hard cap on damage so you can't just one shot people. I dunno, maybe something like your PL or your special meter can determine how your beam gets charged. This way you could drain your special meter and instantly have a beam/ball ready to fire so you can make more interesting combos. This way you could also make it to where a beam is only a bigass super nuke if you charge it the old school way.
This is gold! I like that! I like that allot! *gives a medal* I'ma try to keep this one going. I understand everyone likes melee, but I like balance and not someone in my face EVERY Second.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
i like your all ideas but we need still need to wait to the Esf Final release and then they are can to add more mods and even more charcraters
I am so much excited for Esf Final
(sorry for bad english)

--- edit ---

i like your all ideas but we need still need to wait to the Esf Final release and then they are can to add more mods and even more charcraters
(sorry for bad english)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
(sorry for bad english)

--- edit ---

(sorry for bad english)
There will not be any more characters my friend. And I know, why risk making the project take any longer? I'll tell you. Because given the amount of time many of us have already waited, it simply doesn't matter WHEN it's comming. Just know that like that big O asteroid. . . It will hit us in due time.

Also just to make this take longer, Why not make an "on scale" snake way map? If you fall through the golden clouds then you are stuck in H.F.I.L. or Hell. That would be neat. THOUGH I see the problem with maps the segregate players being totally exploited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom