Suggestion about Melee system

Best answers
Yes I know its pretty early to be giving suggestions but on to an idea. Im sure you guys all seen the dbz melee fight as they punch and kick eachother non-stop really quickly right? Well I was thinking that what if 2 people collide both trying to melee eachother? Maybe they can start punching and kicking the crap out of eachother like the series, but it would work like a power struggle where you hold down the primary fire button to help do more damage to the opponent (Going turbo will help you go into the blue area faster). When you are about 1/2 way into your blue bar while in a Melee Power Struggle, you can right click and swat them away. Also you if your 1/2 of the way in the red area (losing the fight) you can push your jump key to quickly boost away from the opponent and pushing him just a lil back too with just enough time to atleast throw a generic beam at him as a last ditch attempt, But if the attacker hits his teleport button he teleports right infront of you again and starts fighting again or swats you away. About that melee attack too, when you swat them away what if you were to push the teleport button and teleport to where they are heading? It should take somewhat amount of ki but youd be able to knock them somewhere else again. I also have my doubts about these ideas though. I see some major flaws thus making the melee system even more....n00bish as people might say. But hey thats just my suggestion. Hope you guys atleast think about it! THX!!!!!

Best answers
umm yeah its called Melee power struggling,they're adding it in next version don't worry.:]

Best answers
yeah that will make the game cool too! as long as it has cool FX like those big white flashes and thunderous sounds for hits.

The only bit i dont like is how power stuggles work. Just holding you attack button down is nup i reckon. There must be a better way. I think something like a two-meter struggle system.

Meter 1 = PS meter (shows if you're winning or losing the PS)
Meter 2 = your "ki charge" meter.

When you enter a PS you have to rapidly press primary fire buttons to push ki into the "ki charge" meter. (Or they could just make it so you hold down prim fire like it is now) Then use sec. fire to output that ki into the struggle. If they add "anger" to the game, you could use next weapon button to select your "anger pool" and push some anger into the struggle (so if you run out of ki you still have a chance).

Best answers
Melee power struggling that I what I want to see in the next beta ;)

Cant wait.. This mod is very good.. i just have a few probs with the models.. but hell the gameplay is good.. Except the sensu bean thing in your weapon slots.. should be just use sensu bean button.. but hell thats minor LOL

Best answers
i guess vegeta's anger bar would be filled in seconds :D lol .. krillin's "fear!!" bar will be filled in less than half a second :fight: :\ lol

anyway .. me too had the idea of having an anger thing .. but i would say some thing that motivates u to transform .. i mean if ur the strongest guy on the server and beating up every body .. u won't transform cuz ur strong enough .. and there is no motivative to transfrom .. if ur getting beaten up ur anger bar or what ever will increase .. until ur doing completly nothing but getting killed .. then u will get disperate . and ur anger bar will reset to zero (or a default thing .. like 10%) and when u start killing ppl and then they beat u gain then the bar will raise .. and so on until u reach something to transform .. now that thing is not just the PL .. it can be something calculated .. like ur pl+anger*2/3 (that's just an example) then u will be able to transform .. or maybe even if it's less .. ur anger bar would go up while u transform .. giving u more chance of tranforming! maybe if many of ur teammates (not all of them!) are deing too much that will raise ur anger too

just some rough ideas ..

Best answers
Yeah i think an anger element in the game would make it so much better. There is a whole host of things that "anger" can be used for. Like you say, if you are owning the server, your anger will not be much cos you are winning... so you wouldn't really need to transform.

Like in the show, when they are first pushing their transform levels its normally in times of desperation that they push themselves to "the next level". When Cell was flogging them up, he didnt need to transform any.

But yeah, anger would be cool i think. And PS system needs a bit more to it i think.

Best answers
Originally posted by Trunks Shadow
Melee power struggling that was the one thing i was going to suggest! ;)

Cant wait.. This mod is very good.. i just have a few probs with the models.. but hell the gameplay is good.. Except the sensu bean thing in your weapon slots.. should be just use sensu bean button.. but hell thats minor LOL
It Has Been Suggested about 5 months ago and i know it says i been here since nov 2002 but i observed the board since april.:]

Best answers
yeah .. like gohan went ssj2 when cell was beating up every body (his teammates :] )
but .. how did vegeta go ssj2? and how did goku go ssj3?? umm .. well i guess they saw that the CF bar was full .. then they pushed Z !!!!!!lol

Best answers
so its been in suggestion for the past 5 months? i havent seen a suggestion box..or..wait....nevermind lol as long as they are thinking bout it im happy hehe but yeah it would make the melee system so much better... "anger management" lol putting more depth into the game... you should be able to yell at your opponent and hear it across the map, lol that'll be funny

Best answers
buu like!!!!. lol but that does sound good that would be some kick ass hand to hand fighting. i saw a post of a new saying slow the game down lol. i say its to slwo i whant faster mele. like when your in a mele ps you both randmly teleport around the map wile still fighting. that would prevent newbs from killing you wile your in a mele battle. couse your fighting all over the map. and teleporting in mele doesent use any ki couse if it dead you would passout in a second lol.:p i whont be happy with the speed until where able to move so fast where just a after image lol.:shocked:

Best answers
Ya make as fast as in game, so you cant even see the fighting =)

Are they adding a way kick people off ya when fighting?/? or to make a engery sheilds.. or somthing =P I know gohan has one right

Best answers
The trouble with pressing buttons quickly instead of holding them down, Catfish, is that it's easy to cheat. You just make a bind along the lines of 'bind m "fire1;fire1;fire1;fire1;fire1" or whatever, and you "click" five times as much as the other guy. You're going to win easily.

Best answers
well whichever is less cheatable. i just htink that PS should have more depth to them. holding down your button with the option of going to turbo mode until you run out of ki isnt really a "struggle" if you ask me.

wit ha two-meter system, yo ucan push a whole lot of ki into a PS in one go or push smaller amouts into it in the hope of taking your opponent by suprise. it's not much more stategy, but it's better than a 1 button PS.

anyon else got better ideas?

Best answers
i was thinking that if u press primary fire i nthe next beta id say it should be a charge then a punch but if 2 players do it and thye collide then it would turn into that meelee struggle

Best answers
melee power struggle sounds wicked, i know sometimes it seems who ever has the better ping, gets the hit if 2 ppl r swooping at eachother.

Best answers
Cool!!! If they r doing that, they should show like power thunders when punching or like rocks coming up u no in the episodes

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you blind or something if you are I forgive ya but if your not your just plain old dumb. I made an official post for melee's so we don't get 100 posts about melee. I was sick and tired of reading all these things about melee that can be put in 1 post instead of 100.

Official melee post located here:
http://www.esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9960

Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom