suggestion abaut when u have low hp

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i think when u have low hp like 2 u shouldnt only wont be able to ascend and lose life but also be slowed down and maybe the one that as 2 hp will start seeing the game blory till he dies that way he can feel that hes abaut too fall down and get killed
or maybe make at like even before like on 10 hp or 5 u start slowing down and bleeding and on 2 hp u get slower and u see the map blory like your abaut too faint but also u cant ascend and losing life that way it will feel more real when u got low hp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like this idea. Hard to explain why, but i'll try.

It seems pointless and for me, it'd make the game somewhat... less fun.

Also, I dont know about you but if I was in a losing state, I'd want to acend to get some last minute ass kicking.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
no that way it will be more fun cuz u will really feel like u are abaut to die and also u will try harder not too lose life

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your PL is droping. You cant ascend and you know that 1 hit will kill you. I say thats motivation enough.

IO allways try to squeeze out a fiew hits or even a kill befor i die XD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
me too ill wanna kill as much before ill die myself but i think that they need too make it a little more to like your abaut too die when u are abaut too die

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Such eloquence...

So you're suggesting that, aside from some damage effects (the screen goes blurry etc), your character gets slower? This will only make it even harder to do anything, so it'll really unbalance things. If anything, people should get a speed boost when they're about to die. That would make things more interesting.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
not really into the idea of getting a speed boost when your about to "die", maybe some other thing might work out though.

Idea 1 : One thing I thought of, is since they dont want to add new models for when your hurt, maybe "about to die" animations would work, like your character holding his arm , etc. when your character is on low hp. Maybe all the characters can have their own unique one, or there can be multiple ones and you dont know which one to expect.

Idea 2 : Another thing is they add a slight random factor to basic melee hits. Lets say all basic melee hits you deal out, there is a very slight chance of you dealing out a strong blow. And if you are very , very weak, you have a slightly higher chance of getting that strong hit. You can also add a special effect to the punch/kick, to let everyone know that they achieved the strong hit. It encourages players, since they are very weak, to try and land as many blows as they can in hopes of getting that strong one, and even weakened players can be feared and seen as a threat.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to be frank. In the show (and people who dont want to die with out a fight) allways try the get all out near death. there is a slight boost in the abilities (probably even worse for the body). This is the boost idea part.

But this cant work in ESF since than people would hurt themselvs till near death just to get that boost. So lets just leave it the way it is mkay

nge

Best answers
A bit off topic from the origional post, but I don't think anyone would shoot themselves to > 5 hp in order to get a speed boost.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
A bit off topic from the origional post, but I don't think anyone would shoot themselves to > 5 hp in order to get a speed boost.
People quit the server and come back in just so they can fix the score. Trust me it would happen. Or my personal fav. Type kill in the console if you get hit a fiew times >.>

In any case. I say keep it as it is :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Well to be frank. In the show (and people who dont want to die with out a fight) allways try the get all out near death. there is a slight boost in the abilities (probably even worse for the body). This is the boost idea part.

But this cant work in ESF since than people would hurt themselvs till near death just to get that boost. So lets just leave it the way it is mkay
I'm talking a speed boost of 30-40 at the MOST. This would give a player a better chance at dodging a fatal blow.

This boost would be enabled at 5 hp or less. That way it can't be abused, because most beams do tons of damage so if you were trying to get yourself down to 5 hp, you'd just kill yourself instead.

This idea would favor melee users, since speed is essential in melee, and people who melee have a better chance of getting the boost, because melee hits don't deal as much damage as beams do.

nge

Best answers
What I'm saying is, the smart player would still use their charecter's given HP to cause as much damage as possible first.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make it a temporary speed boost that declined with power level. +30 speed at the start, but it reasonably quickly drains back to normal, and then drains to -30. If you've let yourself get to 5 hp you should get a little boost to help your adrenaline jerk in, but we can't forget that you're dying in the meantime. This would stop players from hurting themselves down to 5 hp for the speed boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom