Subforum in the ESF league section for clan advertiesment

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, Hyb. I think it's just the one clan o_O.

A lot of clans choose to recruit while ingame to see how good the player is, anyway.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Whoa ho ho! 220 wow. Really? Compared to the ~6,000 servers in CS with a **** load more people. 220 is nothing.
You shouldn't even compare any mod with Counter Strike, because even i know Counter Strike has allot more players. Maybe, because... It's popular? You shouldn't be so sarcastic Fire, 220+ is quite a nice number of peolpe in less then 24 hours. And that for Earth Special Forces. My HLSW database has over 1500 people that joined the ESF Servers.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has a very strong user base when releases come out, and since 1.3 is going to come out sooner than later, it's a good idea to build the infrastructure before the masses come back.

However, there is a caveat; ESF had a clan forum long ago and it was nothing but trouble. If you can imagine a squad of 13 year olds forging AIM conversations and yelling at one another in every area of the forum as well as the hacking of clan sites, you'll see why VT decided to close that forum, and why the ESF Dev team backed him up.

Still, I'm willing to give a second chance if the other admins agree. (Not Pain, cause he doesn't count :p)

I'm sad now ;_; - Pain

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be willing to give this a go again. Yeah it was a mess last time, but maybe if we set some ground rules and watch it closely it won't degenerate into another festering wound. If we're to do it though, we should make some kind of contract or something for a user's right to be in there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
You shouldn't even compare any mod with Counter Strike, because even i know Counter Strike has allot more players. Maybe, because... It's popular? You shouldn't be so sarcastic Fire, 220+ is quite a nice number of peolpe in less then 24 hours. And that for Earth Special Forces. My HLSW database has over 1500 people that joined the ESF Servers.
Again you fail to see that that's 1500 people who tried the game for 5 minutes. Got pissed because everyone was better than them (i.e 'hacking') and uninstalled the game and didn't think twice about it.

Fine I'll compare ESF with every single mod for Half-life. DoD, CS, and any mod that isn't dead: ESF has no where near the amount of people that other mods do.

Again: 220 isn't a lot. 1500 is the amount of people who quit in 5 minutes.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Again you fail to see that that's 1500 people who tried the game for 5 minutes. Got pissed because everyone was better than them (i.e 'hacking') and uninstalled the game and didn't think twice about it.

Fine I'll compare ESF with every single mod for Half-life. DoD, CS, and any mod that isn't dead: ESF has no where near the amount of people that other mods do.

Again: 220 isn't a lot. 1500 is the amount of people who quit in 5 minutes.
If it's so dead, why are you still here?

The mod will be popular again when the next release comes out, and it will keep members this time because people won't have to guess whether or not their is a new EEA/EVM mod running on top of it: it will have all the features.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
If it's so dead, why are you still here?

The mod will be popular again when the next release comes out, and it will keep members this time because people won't have to guess whether or not their is a new EEA/EVM mod running on top of it: it will have all the features.
I'm still here because I like the community. I quit playing esf. Got boring, what with the no good servers, and lack of people.

Also Cuc you misread what i said. I suggest you read it again. I said I'll compare ESF to any mod that IS NOT DEAD.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
ESF has a very strong user base when releases come out, and since 1.3 is going to come out sooner than later, it's a good idea to build the infrastructure before the masses come back.

However, there is a caveat; ESF had a clan forum long ago and it was nothing but trouble. If you can imagine a squad of 13 year olds forging AIM conversations and yelling at one another in every area of the forum as well as the hacking of clan sites, you'll see why VT decided to close that forum, and why the ESF Dev team backed him up.

Still, I'm willing to give a second chance if the other admins agree. (Not Pain, cause he doesn't count :p)

I'm sad now ;_; - Pain
I think it can be managed. The modelling forum used to be a mess too with everyone ripping models and stealing others work, but it seems to be running problem free now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that would be great! Phoenix, just give us a chance, then afterwards just look if it works out, it's worth a try, I'm gonna play again as soon as my pc is formatted, so there's +1 player again, lol.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, they actually implemented it. I'm surprised.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Wow, they actually implemented it. I'm surprised.
Yeah...sorry about the delay. I was set to create the section last week, but a group project and a set of quizzes pushed it clear from my mind.

However, it's there, and it's ready to be used.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
Yeah...sorry about the delay. I was set to create the section last week, but a group project and a set of quizzes pushed it clear from my mind.

However, it's there, and it's ready to be used.
I already ussed it XD

Thanks Maj ^^ you are the greatest.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think ESF will be a PGL game and if so maybe we will me in a CPL or PGL

nge

Best answers
ESF will most likely not go CAL, so it will not go CPL if it doesn't go CAL first. It might have a chance of going CAL upon the next release if it gets popular enough and is submitted there, but it seems unlikely to me. It might have a better shot if it starts with no-name leagues like the UGL or whatnot, but one can hope for the best at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom