Stupidest Moment in DBZ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know Kid Buu is stronger than Fat Buu but weaker then Super/Gotenks/Gohan Buu. Right?
Yes you are Correct Gman.

Kid Buu Vs Fat Buu - Kid Buu would win. (was already shown)

Kid Buu Vs Gotenks Buu - Even (Buu's can fight forever if their around the same powerlevle although Gotenks buu was stronger.

Kid Buu Vs Gohan Buu - Gohan Buu would win. (they would be even for awhile although Gohan buu can throw harder punches,stronger beams)

I agree the Buu Saga was retarded. Just for the record blame some of the English dubbers. When Vegeta and Goku were inside Buu's stomache Vegeta said **** like
" Son of a Namek! "
" Great Galaxy "
Lol it was *** as hell.

Best answers
another stupid thing was the 6 minute long transformation for Super Saiyan 3. WHat a watse of an episode :S

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay.. You people have made SO many mistakes about DBZ, it's not even funny. Here are just a few, and their corrections..

The first thing someone said, is that Vegeta and Goku destroyed the last Potara (fusion) earrings in the universe. This is not true, the shock was the gesture of destroying the earrings. Supreme Kai, and Kibito have the power to materialize them at will, if you will notice that Gohan's outfit that he removed "The Z Sword" had the potara earrings as well. They are not rare, or in short supply after Goku destroys them. They -choose- not to use them.

INCORRECT-TrueBuu is weaker then KidBuu.
Correct-KidBuu is actually -weaker- then the form he descended from, (TrueBuu), but he was still more powerful than his opponents, because instead of fighting Vejito, he was then fighting Goku, and Vegeta. If you remember, Goku and Vegeta were weaker then even the original Fat Buu. INCLUDING SSJ3 Goku.

By the way, if you're confused with the term 'TrueBuu,' it's the manga term for the Buu which had absorbed Gotenks, Mystic Gohan, and Piccolo.

Next--
Someone raised the point about only 2 people being in the 'Hyperbolic Time Chamber,' which is really called 'The room of spirit and time.' Yes, only 2 people are allowed in, under NORMAL circumstances--but the anime made a mistake.

In the manga, Buu was able to enter into the chamber because Gotenks was fused, waiting for him. Gotenks=1 person, Buu=1 person. That's two. The anime made a mistake, and had Goten and Trunks not fused. Piccolo(Who is now complete, with Kami) is allowed to be in there, regardless of the number of people already in there, because he is the creator of the room, as Kami. So, yes, there were 4 people in the room--Trunks, Goten, Buu, and Piccolo. It is explained in the manga, but the anime has a mistake in it.

Next--Someone raised the point of, if Pikuhon defeated Cell in one blow, and Goku defeated Pikuhon, why did Goku originally die from Cell?

The answer is, Goku did not win against Pikuhon in any battle to the death, it was an arena with set conditions.. When Cell fought Goku, Cell destroyed the ring because he couldn't handle the conditions of his own fight. Pikuhon and Goku's fight, was limited to a ring, and with Goku's Shunkan Idou(instant transmission), he outperformed Pikuhon in technique, never in power.

Perfect Cell, and 'Ascended SSJ Goku,' in the American dub, were evenly matched, though Cell had more endurance and regenerative ability. The only reason Goku actually -died-, is that Cell self-destructed. Also, in the true Japanese story, in the Buu saga, Goku clearly says that if he had continued the fight with Cell, he would have eventually gone SSJ2 and killed Cell, but he wanted Gohan to be prepared for the time that Goku would no longer be around to protect the earth.

As for people saying that Piccolo should have been stronger, 'at least as strong as Vegeta,' as one person said--you obviously don't understand the world of DragonBallZ. Toriyama Akira favored the Saiya-jin in the show, and it's obvious. You can see Vegeta's disdain for the Namekian race throughout the entire show, even in the late Cell saga. The only way for a Namek to become more powerful, past a certain point, was fusing with another Namek, which still didn't grant much power if the other namek wasn't powerful.

Another misconception, is that half-breeds CAN go SSJ3. This is NOT true. The only reason Gotenks was ever able to go SSJ3, is because they had enough Saiya-jin in them(the combined saiya-jin DNA of two half-saiya-jin), were they able to. NEITHER Trunks nor Goten was EVER able to transform into SSJ3 on their own, in the manga, or anime. They specifically talk about this in the real (japanese) story.

Yet another misconception--USSJ Trunks(or, "Ascended Trunks/Super Trunks2") is slower than SSJ2.
Yes, this is true, but people assume that this form is slower then the original SSJ, which is -not true-.
USSJ is much slower than SSJ2, but it is still significantly faster than the original SSJ. This is also why just plain, 'Super Vegeta,' is owned by Perfect Cell, as well.

Someone said Buu was supposed to be Goku's complete opposite, this is not true. The Buu saga is supposed to be an allegory(story mimicking the bible). Fat Buu represents Buddha, SuperBuu represents Satan, and Goku represents Jesus. Toriyama talked about this in great length in his personal interviews.

My hands are tired after writing this, but I hope it leads at least SOME of you to be a little less ignorant about the show you love enough to post on a forum on the internet!

~Kouni

Best answers
HOLY ****!!!
How much time did it take to write\find all the things u wrote
BTW if everything u wrote is true then here's another mistake - if u remember in the frieza saga Yamcha, Tien and Chiazu (3 ppl) went together to 'The room of spirit and time' witch is not possible if u say that only 2 ppl can go in it...

Orz

Best answers
Augh, in the two times you answered me you completely missed my point but yet still called me ignorant. I'm trying really hard not to turn this into a flame.

Firstly, Gohan's earring was unlikely to be a POTARA earring. Why? Because the Old Kai said that they were the earrings of the Kais. He was wearing an outfit that was similar to Kibito and Shin, but that does not mean he was wearing an earring of legend!

Goku and Vegeta would have had no idea whether Shin could make more of not, so their action is stupid REGARDLESS.

Finally, in mentioning my post about Piccolo, you actually agreed with everything I said while disagreeing with me. That was completely insane, I'm afraid. I know that Saiyans were favoured by the anime - THAT IS WHAT I WAS CALLING STUPID. Okay? I don't want to see just Saiyans. It's stupid to have all these diverse characters who never contribute to the plot at all.

Remember, the average Namek is stronger than the average Saiyan. Each of the three warriors on Namek were more powerful than Nappa, the commander of the Saiyan armies. Nail himself was far stronger than Vegeta before he arrived on Namek.

(edit: As from now, I am going to suggest that this thread relate to the show only. Explaining stuff from the Japanese manga is not what this thread was about - if you watch the show, and never read the manga, then these stupid things are not explainable. And this is the whole reason they are stupid, they simply don't make sense.

Also, the way you said the Hyperbolic Time Chamber was the "room of spirit and time" - please don't give us that elitist rubbish. The dubbed version calls it the HTC, and even though it's a stupid name, it's still a VALID NAME. I have no idea what point you were trying to make by correcting me, unless it was just to annoy the hell out of me.

That's just like trying to stop me saying Special Beam Cannon because it's not like that in Japan or the manga. Please don't, okay?)

Best answers
that wasnt the room of spirit and time...

cant remember wat it was

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One moment out of all the stupid stuff just sticks in my mind:

Apparently, if you shout loud enough, you can open a portal that leads to anywhere you want... (Buu saga, Hyperbolic Time Chamber) :S

Also, in the Buu saga Vegeta was fighting Kid Buu as a normal SSJ or not even in a SSJ form, but still can keep up with him, while Goku SSJ3 has a hard time fighting Kid Buu o_O

That just doesn't make ANY sence o_o

Best answers
where yamcha, tien, and chiatzu (can't spell his name) went int he Saiyan Saga, was not the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. I think that's what they called The Room Of Spirit And Time, in the american version.

And Vegeta wasn't keeping up with Kid Buu, he got his @$$ pounded into the ground. Goku was having a hard time keeping up, because he was losing power in his SSJ3 form, because he dragged the fight out too long, so Vegeta could have a chance to fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To Kouni,

Thank you for not being the elitist jerk you were accused of, by giving us valid answers and not just saying how stupid American DBZ is. I greatly appreciate that as you are the first and only person I have met who disputed the American Version without aimlessly flaming it. So thanks.

As for the stupidest moment in all of DBZ...wow...you guys pick all the cool parts to ***** about!

The earring thing was meant to be symbolic...just keep an open mind.

As for Kid Buu being WEAKER than Super Buu/Gotenks Buu...I don't think so. They said that the good nature of the old Kai whom Buu absorbed thousands of years prior weakened/dampened him...when the pod holding that original Majin Buu was detached by Vegeta, Buu lost all consciousness and became the unstoppable killer Kid Buu form. His ORIGINAL power was what he had returned to, and his original power was stronger because he no longer was conencted with Good Fat Buu/ the Kai to be "dampened."

Besides all of that crap...Vegeta says, "Feel that Kakarot?" when Kid Buu is formed for the first time...and Goku says, "Yes. He's even stronger than before! Much stronger!" and Vegeta is all like, "But look at him! How is that possible?! He's tiny!" etc. etc.

Besides, it's obvious that he was stronger because Kid Buu detonated like five planets without even trying, where as the other Buus had to put effort into their massive destructive attacks. He also regenerated much faster, if you noticed.

The Buu Saga and the SSJ3 transformation were hardly stupid...especially compared to things like "YOU SMELL LIKE TOENAILS!"

Personally, I just started watching the Saiyan Saga box set, and so far my biggest gripe with it is the complete lack of interest Chi Chi has when Goku is killed by Piccolo while fighting Raditz, and Piccolo taking Gohan into the wild. Raditz says the other saiyans will arrive over the course of months into years, not a few episodes...but yet even though Goku vanishes, and Gohan is gone...for what is OVER A YEAR...Chi Chi doesn't confront the others or anything until the day before the actual incident they were preparing for.

The stupidest moment in all of DBZ is probably Uub, if you ask me. That was a foolish way to leave it off, I think.

Orz

Best answers
Uubu was pretty stupid, yes. But as to Kouni not flaming, the fact that he called me ignorant twice - once in general, once specifically - is not going to endear him to me in the slightest. I am not ignorant of the DBZ world, I am ignorant of the manga. This thread is based on the show, and I CANNOT be ignorant if that includes things that are outside that catagory. I was therefore very annoyed by his remarks.

Best answers
Jeez, Sailor, chill out. Why do you think it takes so much "love" for the series to "post on a forum on the internet"? You talk as if doing that requires a lot of work or something....Anyway, wtf are you talking about with the biblical stuff? Buddha is not in the bible, and neither is Satan (believe it or not, the concept of Satan comes from Arabic culture much later on), so I don't see how it could possibly be much of a biblical reference. It's not like it at all, in any way shape or form. Jesus didn't use a Spirit Bomb........
And btw, allegory does not mean a story mimicking another one, it's a type of figure of speech using comparison.

Best answers
hahah i could just picture Jesus throwing a spirit bomb at Satan, rofl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An allegory is generally known as something that is symbolic towards something else.. I.e. Animal Farm is an allegory relating to Russia during and after the Russian revolution.

Stupidest moment? Probably when Goku went 'Super Kaioken' :scared:

If he could do that, why didn't he do it vs. Cell or something?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea: I dont think your right about going SSJ3 for half saiyans.... because in DNA the you only need 1 dominant alleles to inherit a characteristic (such as SSJ3) so that wud mean that the gene to control if they can go ssj3 or not wud have to be recessive, and you need 2 recessive genes to inherit a characteristic... but fusion says it takes the dominant characteristics from each person to make 1, by that logically then gotenks cud not of had the gene to make him ssj3 scince it is always recessive......... if your right then my whole DBNG would be wrong..........

Best answers
stupidest moment....i can't think of any.....but what pisses me of in the series is the drawing style! some episodes look good, some look amazing, some are unbelievably ugly!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dr. Zaius said:
Anyway, wtf are you talking about with the biblical stuff? Buddha is not in the bible, and neither is Satan (believe it or not, the concept of Satan comes from Arabic culture much later on), so I don't see how it could possibly be much of a biblical reference. It's not like it at all, in any way shape or form. Jesus didn't use a Spirit Bomb........
Satan, the Devil, the Fallen Angel...NOT in the bible...? Read the Book of Job...and Revelation of John...both of these stories have antagonists, which are an almighty evil alongside god's almighty good. His name is never the same, but I think you can figure out who it is.

I don't see how you could NOT see the religious comparison...I saw it right off the bat...not all of it, but I drew that parallel for myself. But whatever. Your spirit bomb comment is obviously showing that you're taking it too literally.

I don't think he was rude or stupid at all in his explanations: on the contrary, he was the nicest Japanese DBZ purist I've come across, and the most objective as well.

Give the kid a break. Sheesh!

ONTOPIC: another stupid moment I recall, is when "Pikkon" defeated Cell, Frieza, and the Ginyu Force without even trying. In general, the skewing of power is dumb throughout all of DBZ and GT. I won't get into the specifics...but if Buu was the strongest being in the universe, then why would some loser like General Rildo on Planet Whateveritscalled in GT be "even stronger than Majin Buu" ? Lame.

Best answers
When Goku throws Spirit Bomb on Frieza,and he survives her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
because the spirit bomb that was thrown at Freiza, didn't have enough energy to kill him. Everything on Namek was already dead, so he had to take energy from Namek's moons.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the stupidest most retarted moment was when dabara died and was in "heaven" (dont think in dbz it was called that but i cant think of another name). first off in "heaven", he was a wuss, hes so posed to be the king of the demon world or whatever its called but hes talking like a girl and sniffing floweres. it was just dumb. and if he was the king of the demon world, y ould he go to "heaven". imo that was the stupidest moment in dbz, it just didnt make any sense and was dumb.

Best answers
i think the stupidest moment is either goku gaining psychic powers after training in the spaceship, or goku seeing everything that was happening on earth while he was fighting that heart virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom