Stupid un-important thread that gives us sumtin else to reply to durin the day moment

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm... have you ever had those days of waking up when you just can't... wake up? Like you find yourself dreaming about something, and while in that state of mind, you realize that you're asleep, but you can't spark that energy to wake up? Sometimes I find myself waking up into another dream, which keeps happening back to back until something in my room shocks me out of it (like an alarm, something falls, phone rings, annoying pissed off mom) but whatever it is, I can't snap out of a dream/pitch black void until something triggers me to do so. Like I'm trapped inside of my mind!?!?!?! O_O

Nah but really, has this ever happened to anyone else? Or do I need to get mah brain examined?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um... well then I dunno... I used to be able to snap out of em very quickly, but as of late, like the past month or so, it's like every time I fall asleep it's like 100% Imagery... I even caught myself dreaming, tried to wake up, but only managed to get the corner of my eye open... the eyelid fell... and vwooom back into the dream I go... It's like snapping out of a world or something... I dunno, I think I need to cut back on the substance abuse problem, I might mess around and die in my sleep.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well right now for me quite the opposite happened. I could actually wake up OR go back to my dream AT WILL. Wierd, huh?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Maybe you don't sleep enough?

When I sleep I usually have a hard time waking up. Mostly because Im lazy and I love sleep but also because I grew up in a Firestation, and with alarms, sirens and all that going off at any time of the day/night I had to get used to sleeping through it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um... well then I dunno... I used to be able to snap out of em very quickly, but as of late, like the past month or so, it's like every time I fall asleep it's like 100% Imagery... I even caught myself dreaming, tried to wake up, but only managed to get the corner of my eye open... the eyelid fell... and vwooom back into the dream I go... It's like snapping out of a world or something... I dunno, I think I need to cut back on the substance abuse problem, I might mess around and die in my sleep.
Sounds like sleep paralysis. As far as I know, it's very common. If you try to fight falling back to sleep, you might hear voices or if your eyes are open you might see images and such since you're technically still in a dream state. Most people can't move during sleep paralysis because REM paralyzes you so you don't do anything stupid while you're dreaming, like actually trying to fly. If you just close your eyes, you'll slip back into another dream.

Thats my experience with it anyway.

Best answers
It's kind of the opposite for me. Once I realize that I'm dreaming I wake up unless I want to stay in the dream but it's hard to keep dreaming when I realize it's a dream. Then I can't go back to sleep even if I'm tired... it sucks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I pretty much stay asleep. I rarely remember my dreams when I wake up. Although, sometimes, I'll wake up and I can't move. Like, I seriously cannot move, no matter how hard I struggle. Kinda weird. Doesn't happen often, but it sucks when it does.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's definately sleep paralysis.

Best answers
I'm with Raeku, I believe it's the ammount of sleep your getting. The thing is, if I go to bed 10pm [ For school ], Ill end up waking up 7am, which is a 9hr sleep.

But If I got to bed a 1am, I find it REALLY hard to wake up and end up in bed till 1pm, thats a 11 hr sleep.

So I just think that she should be getting for sleep. It helps :)
But I find your problem intresting, not being able to wake up o_O

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes, when i understand that this is all a dream, and i want to wake up, I just open my eyes really fast, that usually works :p

Oh and sometimes i just try to watch the dream to the end :p

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Substance abuse problem? You should definitely get that checked out.

Hmmm... have you ever had those days of waking up when you just can't... wake up? Like you find yourself dreaming about something, and while in that state of mind, you realize that you're asleep, but you can't spark that energy to wake up? Sometimes I find myself waking up into another dream, which keeps happening back to back until something in my room shocks me out of it (like an alarm, something falls, phone rings, annoying pissed off mom) but whatever it is, I can't snap out of a dream/pitch black void until something triggers me to do so. Like I'm trapped inside of my mind!?!?!?! O_O

Nah but really, has this ever happened to anyone else? Or do I need to get mah brain examined?
I haven't had this happen before, or at least I can't remember this happening before. I've had times where it was very difficult to wake up, or at least stay away after waking up, but I started using my alarm clock, and it snaps me out of anything. My alarm clock's beeping is really annoying, and if left on, the beeping speeds up. Not to mention it's really loud to where you can hear it on the other end of my house, even with my bedroom door closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom