Stupid questions :x

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you install a new cpu, do you have to reinstall everything?

Also If not, can i keep stuff on one drive? or does it need formatting or before it works?

Im tired of my celeron -_-' but i got so much stuff i wanna keep on my hard drives

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if it's not under the influent of a virus you can keep them .And if you say to instal a new procesor it does not afect anything.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You can keep everything you have currently, No alterations in software are required.
But if you were going to replace the motherboard and CPU things get a little tricky, Sometimes everything will be fine without a reinstall of windows, sometimes everything can go belly up. But if it is just the processor then all is good :) What type of celeron is it?
I could point out some good upgrade options then.

Best answers
It's sort of a hit or miss thing. I've had occassions where I made a couple upgrades, ram, CPU, that sort of thing, and it ran fine. There are other times when it wouldn't boot after an upgrade, so I was forced to format. Ever since then I format with every upgrade. I'm pretty sure it's a driver thing...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Problems occur when you change the motherboard and the new one needs different drivers thatn the old one and the old one's are still installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom