Stupid Question thats been on my mind

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So the reason for not adding movie characters is for the fact that it does not follow the timeline of DBZ or the fact that they are too cheap to add in? I've always wondered about this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah they just wanted to add important character from the original storyline, no additions to it, such as gt and movie content. Plus, not a lot of movie characters hadmuch too them, cept for Brolly and perhaps (Super) Android 13. The only thing i can complain about is no moves from the movies...such as the false super saiyan, using spirit bomb while super saiyan, and dragon fist.

Then again, all those attacks are goku only, so it wouldn't work out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know it sounds stupid, but movie characters would be perfect for ESF, as everything is condensed into an hour of film. They usually have one more trans and at least 2 unique attacks each.

As for 'filler' characters like Garlic Jr. and Pikkon, who also have trans' and unique attacks, I guess the team just hates filler, or maybe they're basing ESF off the manga where no such things exist.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GG, Kama and me are still trying to convince the rest of the team that brolly would be a good addition to ESF =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
adding brolly would really boast up the fan base for the mod =P even janemba as well

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Adding Brolly would be a very sweet idea. It totally makes sense. he has trans and special moves. I mean he did give Goku, vegeta, Gohan, Trunks and Goten a run for there money

Best answers
Why not Yajirobe :( Fat guys rock...or mr satan with a jetpack...YAY for funimation....>.<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol..... ESF should have joke characters like Budokai did. It was so humilliating to my friends when I would beat them with Hercule.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess that if they add one movie character they know they will be flooded by requests for other movie characters. Not that they arent already, I guess they just want to stick to their word.

Brolly's appeal was his strength, which he wouldnt have in ESF for balancing purposes. He didnt really have much of a personallity either, theyre isnt much to identify with him. He just kicked everyones ass, then was somehow beaten... over and over again.

I really feel that the Ginyu force and Androids 17/18 are better additions. They are the only bad guys with their own sagas that are missing from ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think it would be cool to have some unorthodox characters but i would pick gotenks or vegetto or something especially if were following the storyline, theyre all unique, have funny or cool attitudes, a variety of attacks, and more than one trans (cept for vegetto i guess)

Best answers
i dont get why they dont have movie characters. they should add broly :\ what i dont get is why add captin ginyu and the androids. if you want buddy system go with the gotenks buddy idea or maybe a bojack idea. who likes ginyu force or androids anyway? i say go with what characters the people playing would ectually like :\ well that is besides the ones that would make it a bad game like vegetto or gogeta, but at least consider what the fans say. I'm talking about good, solid ideas like the gotenks ideas (seprate and fused)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ginyu were funny. Id rather have Burter than Guldo, though.

Best answers
but what i dont get is why not jeice? he was near the captain like all the time. he would be the best buddy not guldo and recoome xP

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I dont think the Ginyu Force should be added. They suck, and they're not going to be fun to play with in game. The Androids would be fun to play with though, cause they have some cool moves. And I dont understand why movie character arent allowed, or GT chars and transformations. Its just stupid and selfish of the dev team to not include them. Everyone wants GT content, and from what I'm hearing in this thread, people also want movie content. I hardly even play ESF anymore, because I got so bored of the same dull moves that you see in almost every episode of DBZ. They need new content to keep up with what the players want. I doubt I'm speaking for everyone, but I'm definately speaking for the majority of the community. You have to realize how annoying it is to have request after request for new content denied, and then have to sit back and watch a bunch of lame things put into the game in place of where something good could have been. That's the problem with most dev teams, they dont care about what the players want.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ3 Gokou said:
Its just stupid and selfish of the dev team to not include them. Everyone wants GT content, and from what I'm hearing in this thread, people also want movie content.
SSJ3 Gokou said:
That's the problem with most dev teams, they dont care about what the players want.
Eat your words. Selfish? You have the nerve to call the ESF team selfish after all the long hours they have put into ESF? ESF is time away from their lives and families, not a damn vacation (although the two can seem similar at times). Here you are, getting a great game for free and you spit back at the creators. Some people want GT content, some people want movie content, but Im sure there are just as many people that want to see SSJ4 Gogetta do a Super Kamahameha as there are people that would rather vomit.

Feel free to make all the suggestions you want. The good ideas are presented to the team and they make a decision on whether it gets put in or not, but what it comes down to is its their way or the highway. Some of the developers dont even play ESF regularily, so if they arent making the game for themselves, who could they be possibly making it for, other than us. They want to make something people can enjoy. Basically what Im getting at here is dont diss the team.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason there isn't any movie and GT content is because they have no substance.

By that I mean, no unique attacks, no unique transformations, and GT is utter crap.

GT will NEVER be part of ESF (thank god). So all you people that have a hardon for the hairy fourth form that Goku pulled out of his ass... you'll just have to deal with it.

As for movies, as I said, no unique content. I want anyone here to name any movie character they think would be balanced. Include at least two unique attacks, real ones that were used, with names, and at least two transformations, and a reason why you think they would be balanced.

I bet you can't do it.

To get a little more specific here. Let's take Brolly for example.
Unique attacks and names? To my knowledge the only thing he can do is make a shield and throw ki around. Let's say for the sake of argument that he does have a unique attack. What would they use for the sound. The only thing he ever says is "Kakarotto!!!". Transformations? Super Saiyan and Beefcake.

So, no unique attacks, no unique attack sounds, and the same transformations that four other characters have.

Looking past that however, we still run into some problems.
Adding yet another Sayian into the game. I think four is plenty.
We'd have noobs complaining that he isn't strong enough, because in the movies he was practically unstoppable. Much like we have noobs now complaining that he isn't in the game.

Man... I can't believe the team didn't want to put Brolly in. /sarcasm

*edit*
SSJ3 Gokou said:
I dont think the Ginyu Force should be added. They suck, and they're not going to be fun to play with in game.

You couldn't be more wrong my friend. Trust me on this. /me looks at sig.

And I dont understand why movie character arent allowed, or GT chars and transformations.

Read my post :p

Its just stupid and selfish of the dev team to not include them. Everyone wants GT content, and from what I'm hearing in this thread, people also want movie content.

Everyone? There are only six people in this thread that have said something about thinking movie and GT content is a good idea, in a thread about movie and GT content, that's a bit small wouldn't you think? Compared to the size of this community that's not too many either. Not to mention, any player that's been around ESF for a while will understand why movie and GT content is a horrible idea.

I hardly even play ESF anymore, because I got so bored of the same dull moves that you see in almost every episode of DBZ.

ESF is a mod based on DBZ. If you were expecting something else other than DBZ moves... I'm sorry, then you'd be an idiot.

They need new content to keep up with what the players want. I doubt I'm speaking for everyone, but I'm definately speaking for the majority of the community. You have to realize how annoying it is to have request after request for new content denied, and then have to sit back and watch a bunch of lame things put into the game in place of where something good could have been.

If the team listened to every whiny 15 year old that *****ed and moaned about wanting something added, do you know what you'd have? EVM. Hoo boy would that suck. There's always the balance issue. There have been suggestions to make Krillin useless and Buu practically invincible. If the team took your advice and listened to every request that came their way, we'd have a horrible game.

That's the problem with most dev teams, they dont care about what the players want.

That's just a stupid thing to say. You think they want to make a mod that no one wants to play? Of course not. They want to make a good game, which is WHY they don't listen to every request.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Eat your words. Selfish? You have the nerve to call the ESF team selfish after all the long hours they have put into ESF? ESF is time away from their lives and families, not a damn vacation (although the two can seem similar at times). Here you are, getting a great game for free and you spit back at the creators. Some people want GT content, some people want movie content, but Im sure there are just as many people that want to see SSJ4 Gogetta do a Super Kamahameha as there are people that would rather vomit.

Feel free to make all the suggestions you want. The good ideas are presented to the team and they make a decision on whether it gets put in or not, but what it comes down to is its their way or the highway. Some of the developers dont even play ESF regularily, so if they arent making the game for themselves, who could they be possibly making it for, other than us. They want to make something people can enjoy. Basically what Im getting at here is dont diss the team.

What he said,

You know, we do not force you to play the game, but seeming you complain about stuff it seems you do play it, I gues the game isn't THAT bad eh?

And GT should never have been made in the first place, so it shouldn't go into ESF either, just how I feel about it.

But movie characters, look at cooler, he's a clone of freeza, wouldn't add allot, same with turles,.. and janemba, meh he's the collection of all evil in DBZ, so then Buu should be out, and that wouldn't make sense.

Just my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i think that the only way to add Brolly is to make a somewhat Brolly mod >_>. Cliche but it might work. As in for the Ginyu force >_>, god each of them has about only 1 unique attack. That red ball for Jeice, Time Stop for Guldo, Mouth blast (not too original) for Recoom, and nothing for Burter except maybe some uber speed combo >_>.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well put it this way into simple context

Cooler - Just frezia with same moves and another form (which would unbalance esf)

Brolly - No attacks with names

Garlic jr - Well i don't see the hurt in adding him , he did have his own saga but i can't just get my mind around his attacks , i don't think you can consider the death zone opening an attack

Bardock - Had no moves but gained the power to see the future but i don't think there would be any way to implement a feature like that in any multiplayer game (but then again , the pokemon move future sight , but esf is not pokemon in any shape or form)

andriods 13/14/15 - maybe a buddy system for that but the moves didn't really have an essence or name , all i can remeber is super 13 just using some big red projectle ball that had hardly any effect on goku except when he was having the **** kicked out of him in normal before he did ssj spirit bomb

anyothers i didn't mension , well i haven't seen all movies , But this is coming from what i have seen in the movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom