Stupid Forcepit question

Best answers
5$ > 10 years
that mean
500 c > 10 years

can I pay 50 c for 1 year?

:laff:

Best answers
But, like, 1.3 will be the final version. There will be no more new ESF...

in 10 years people will surpass the source engine a couple of times....
Do you think ESF will actually survive?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ace005 said:

Survive for 10 years? Probably not. Not to be the negative one in the group, but ESF will live as long as Half-Life and last time I checked, Half-Life is one of the most played games still.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ace005 said:

Irregardless, the admission fee is good for the life of ESF, and it is only being sold in that increment. No one is forcing you to purchase the service, but if you do, you will do so by our terms, or there will be no sale.

Best answers
in 8 years they designed the source engine. in another 10 years I'm sure they'll surpass it, and the next generation, will look at Halflife like we look at quake 1, or doom, or wolf 3d. I don't think people are goin to play 18 year-old games

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ace005 said:
in 8 years they designed the source engine. in another 10 years I'm sure they'll surpass it, and the next generation, will look at Halflife like we look at quake 1, or doom, or wolf 3d. I don't think people are goin to play 18 year-old games
You never know. Half-Life and all of the modifications might become a collectors item which would be worth millions of dollars. So what if the Source engine is going to be surpassed? It has already been surpassed by a few engines, but not completely surpassed in terms of physics (that's going to change soon with the new games they are developing), among other things.

Besides, it's just $5 for force-pit access that's good for 10 years, that's pretty cheap if you ask me (compared to other similiar things you can find at some modification/game sites).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, very cheap, I'm getting forcepit Friday, that's tomorrow, I hink it's totally worth it and the team deserves it for what they have done oh and I'm getting it for my friend, so double that! ^^

Best answers
I'm not actually saying nothing about them 5 $, cause I was expecting it to be per year, or month

It's just that they put "10 years" that sorta bugs me..:-S

well anyway, no more stupid questions, subscription time;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The "10 years" thing isn't really important. Think of it as a lump sum to join the force pit basically for as long as it will be active.

Haggling over a couple dollars just sounds cheap, anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it would cost 50 dollars, I would say yes, I can understand. But for a mere 5 dollars...come on...And you say that people will not play a 18-year old game nowadays. Do you know how many people are playing Super Mario for the NES? Which is 21 years old by now.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Yeah, very cheap, I'm getting forcepit Friday, that's tomorrow, I hink it's totally worth it and the team deserves it for what they have done oh and I'm getting it for my friend, so double that! ^^
This is why I love Donnierisk more than any of you people..
j/k I <3 all of you
$5 is nothing and it goes into supporting the ESF Team. Who knows, maybe with enough support they will take it further..

ps: I'll get you your R75 at Rage buddeh!

Best answers
if they really are going to take it further, I'm willing to give 25 dollars (all i have left)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ace005 said:
if they really are going to take it further, I'm willing to give 25 dollars (all i have left)
Wow, big spender!
It's just that they put "10 years" that sorta bugs me..:-S
Maybe we could ask Pain to change it to "Forever" :).

Best answers
what would happen if everyobody who is on forcepit would have given 25 $?
that's 5x how much money you got so far, so that might have determinated "the big guys" to continue with thei fine azz work.

Smith| said:
Maybe we could ask Pain to change it to "Forever"
Or simply remove it, and just say 5 $:|

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Maybe we could ask Pain to change it to "Forever" :).
'Cuz you know... I have control over that sort of thing. /sarcasm.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
'Cuz you know... I have control over that sort of thing. /sarcasm.
Sorry, I overestimated your access.

Not that I don't have access, but it's Greg's department. My don't you feel silly. - Pain

No, not really. You apparently can't edit the description, so I'm still correct.

Don't know where you got that impression... but here's proof enough that your foot is wedged firmly in your mouth. - Pain

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I would donate if i had a credit card and a paypal account xD...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10 years, life admission, it's splitting hairs. $5 will carry you into 1.3, you also get access to every update made before you subscribed, so you don't miss out.

I wonder what will happen to the Force Pit after 1.3's release, will it be a private club for us to jostle with pipes, anecdotes, and backups of Kidboys finest moments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom