Studios Threaten to Delay Movie Releases in Canada

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, apparently 50% of all pirated movies come out of Canada, and 'Hollywood' says if our government doesn't do something to curb it, they will. ****!

Source.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
that won't stop pirating..it'll piss people off and cause people to pirate more ..not like people in canada have an internet restriction and can only go to canadian websites..

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they're saying that the movies are being pirated in Canada, as in we're the ones sitting in theatres with a camcorder. D:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's more like your government didn't cave to their lobbying to prosecute downloaders.

Expect more panicked moves as the RIAA/MPAA slowly lose the war on downloading.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, delaying movie releases here... that won't make people download at all. Considering it's the theatres that are not catching people with camcorders, I hardly see how this could be justified. Before, the incentive to see the movie was it was something fun to do with friends. If they take that away and you still want to see the movie...

They'll just lose more money in the long run. Panic move... that sounds about right.

Cineplex's Jacob said theatre chains all across Canada already employ security guards who are equipped with night vision goggles
Sweet. Where do I sign up?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it will curb us from making them. I think that's the point they're trying to make. Either way, the thought is stupid and pisses me off.

Best answers
Well yea, they aren't doing this to stop piracy, they're doing this so those whiners at Hollywood would get off their backs.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know it's hard to get a camcorder by a metal detector.

Just a thought Hollywood... just a thought.

It would ruin the relaxed feeling of going to the movies... but if you're that desperate...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yea, they aren't doing this to stop piracy, they're doing this so those whiners at Hollywood would get off their backs.
Who is they? The Canadian government hasn't done anything yet to bow to Hollywood pressure.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HAHAHA...

I just realized that Trey and Matt have been a bit psychic.

It's not like no one in America owns a camcorder, and the term "bootleg" wasn't born in a borough of New York.

Best answers
Well we haven't caved in before, and we won't cave in now....lol I thought Harper would actually take a bigger stand against piracy then Cretin did....but hey, we all like our bootleg.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they wanted to stop piracy they would just do what they do in japan.

Charge like 50$ a ticket and have attendants inside the theaters at all time. No one camecord **** there cause they like not losing 50$ :O

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get pissed when I spend $20 at the theatre. I'm pretty sure no one would bother going if the prices were upped. With today's tech, you can easily download dvd quality movies at around the time of the movie's release in theatres, burn it, and watch it on your television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom