Struggles!!!!!

Best answers
I just started playing for the first time in months, AND I have a new computer, but the game struggles worse on this one than my old virus ridden p.o.s.

Now, I have Cable, A 2.4 GHZ pentium 4 with 512 ram, 60 gig HD with about 35 gigs of FREE space and a g-force 2. The game is so god damn choppy even when I host my own server, it never used to be like this and it's not the connection cuz i ping at 100-150 in other packed up servers.

Someone help me out... What could be wrong and how could I fix it?

Best answers
Try downloading the latest driver for your Grafics card

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing that your computer lacks is a good video card, try a GeForce 4 or whatnot. I think a 2 should handle the job with the rest of your computers specs, but if there are problems it's probably the video card.

Best answers
=\ thanks, on my old comp I had a voodoo 3 3000 PCI... and it ran esf nicely, I got a job now, so i guess i could make an investment.

Is there anything else i would need to optimize my PC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, If Your pentium is a celeron, that might also cuase trouble, i've switched to athlon, runs a little hot, but nothing an extra fan wont take care of. Not rteally necesarry, a vid card should really be your only worry, im sure if you get one thats a little bit better than your current one you'll play fine. :)

Best answers
Iv got a GeForce 2, and I can run ESF just fine no gfx problems whatsoever. I don't think a new graphics card is nessicary, and it may not even solve your problem. Try downloading the newest drivers and such. You can also try looking in some of the stickies for optimization cvars and commands, those can help out as well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, same here. I hav a GeForce 2 MX 32mb, but ESF runs fine on my PC (apart from the fact Trunks ascension animation is wrong and evrynow and then the "HL has performed an illegal operation" msg comes up) and I hav an Athlon 1700XP and 256MB DDR RAM and Windows 98 SE. If u hav XP, or 2000 or NT, that cud make the gamplay worse. Also try upating ur GeForce, using a different Video Mode, turning down the gfx options slightly and last of all the MP3 player if that is on. And adjust the nVidia Display Properties accordingly

Best answers
i have a pentium 4 not a celeron... celeron = doo doo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom