ZuL

Best answers
He is as good as done, and to make him as "natural" as possible, I can't do much about the legs. 3d studio max's "celshading" feels a bit experimental, but it lived up the model alot. I'm thinking about having this model for a coming HL2 mod... (mainly because the model is 5000 polys :rolleyes:

Credits go to the Brothers Chaps for their wonderful creations at www.homestarrunner.com ... The rest is mine... MINE I SAY o_o

No wait, the gloves are from the base built by a friend modeler of mine. Apocalypse_1986, great gloves man :)

Best answers
Doesnt look like 5000 polys hehe
+ who is that guy :)
looks kewl anyway ^_^

ZuL

Best answers
He has a simple shape, but I pumped in lots of polys into him. His feet was kinda spiky, I smoothed them, and POOF, 5200 polys altogether :D

Go to www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html to get to know this great (but egoistic) guy :)

EDIT: If a moderator has the time, can thee add a poll? Like "I like it" and "It sucks" or something...

Best answers
I know that strongbad but.. Is that a model? if so Awesome cell shading! :D

ZuL

Best answers
Too bad it's just a render and uses some plugins... I would scream in happyness if it would look like that in-game :D

ZuL

Best answers
Updated the pic. The only difference is the neck. The old neck was it's own object and looked weird.

As a side-note, the feet needs a white line. I would add it, but I would have to skin it (the polygons is not enough... -Bond movie... LOL!)

New, not cel shaded pic:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
5000 polys......Thats a lot for that model but it ownzed in celshading mode

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
really nice model of the ultra cool strongbad there, yeah, cel-shading would be used alot, but it gobbles up alsmost 3000+ poly's on a small model. lol!

ZuL

Best answers
Waiting for more crits/ people to say the model is good.

Now some sleep... See you tomorrow. Hopefully.

Best answers
im pretty sure you can release this model for half-life 1, considering that cleaning up a model of unnecessary polygons isnt too too hard, try giving it a shot, it would make a great addition to redsaiyan

Best answers
Dude, you know what you need to do? Make the Japanese Anime Strong Bad. or make Strong Mad. Anways, that looks really good. It looks just like him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Strong bad's Trans should be his Japanese version.

Best answers
When will u release it? I think it looks funny and a cool way lol. Id use it heh. If its for ESF?

ZuL

Best answers
In the back of my head I was thinking of HL2... But I COULD make a low-poly version for HL...

Dude, you know what you need to do? Make the Japanese Anime Strong Bad. or make Strong Mad. Anways, that looks really good. It looks just like him.
:p

The Strongbad model this topic is about wasn't for the mod I'm working on, I made it for fun. Anyways, here's a link to the site, if anyone's interested... http://sbm.flagrun.net

'Tis isn't advertising, they asked me to make a Stinko-Man model, and I had already made it for the other mod...

Best answers
yea make a low poly version for ESF man strong bad own's..

who will he replace?

and u so have 2 make a sound pack for him

Best answers
is this model suposed to be of anything special or did u just make it offthe top of ur head

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hahahah niice, strond bad owns. dont see anything wrong with the model, cept tiny bit sloppy round the 'magical diamond thinger on his head.

ZuL

Best answers
Yes, I will probably tweak the "diamond" (tho I think it looks more like a shield-shaped thing...)

is this model suposed to be of anything special or did u just make it offthe top of ur head
As I said in my first post, it's a character made by the Brothers Chaps. They make cartoons out of flash: http://www.homestarrunner.com

What's not to love about Homestar Runner? :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom