β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i made it to make an example of my 3d outline technique, and its hard to tell cuz saving as a jpeg kinda blurred it a bit but hes got a black line around him in every angle,

i need to give it a thicker black outline you think?,

crits

CM

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
nah nah, its koo. im liking this. i may make a few cel-chaded models soon.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i will warn you, it DOUBLES the models poly count, unless you only dupicate a few parts,

like on my crash bandicoot model, if i dupicated the nose and eyebrows the looked stupid, so i did all but the nose and eyebrows and it looked good, strongbad is a fairly simple model, though i couldve saved alot of polys doin it the long way i built him usin cylinders and spheres and when you figure in the double model hes got a polycount over 2k though he doesnt look it

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/bbadapter/sbrender.jpg heres a better shot of him, im trying to get him ingame, but his arms,...DAMN his arms they dont do what they supposed to, im still workin on that part but the new picture should give you a better idea of the outline

Best answers
Kool. Strongbad's the best :) . Nice work on the cell shading. The only thing that bugs me about making a 3-d model of a cartoon character is, in the end, it looks more like a bright 3d model than a cartoon. Is this because of lighting or the model itself? Its probobly a stupid question, but i'd like to know anyway.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well imp, hopefully the black outline will conceal some of the 3d aspect of it, but it really cant be helped, if i can get the arms working properly ill put it up for download,

usually when i encounter this problem i ask for help, but my usual help hasnt been online today, anybody else wanna try?, (i am picky with my partners)

Best answers
his head needs to be a bit more round.. look at the 2nd pic. its not.. wide enough?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
no, its just right, unless the site that i got my references were wrong (which was impossible,..guess the site),..i dont want to sound like im ignoring your crits, but its 100% accurate to 100% of my references, and i usually only accept crits from the big boys, (shijing, bolt, vegeta, etc..) cuz they can tell me exactly whats wrong and how to fix it, im tryin to get help with the model though, ive got someone in mind

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Without question, the proportions are exactly right. I can vouch for that. So far it is looking pretty ncie, pre-tty niiice.

-Karrde-

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
haha thanks, i been able to get him almost assigned properly, but then i remember the set of anims he would use with that skeleton were for 1.0, =(, so im at a stand still with the model right now, if he was normal human proportions i could easily do it, ive got a fair share of models ingame, but it alwasy the little cartoon guys that get me

Best answers
sculpt your own skeleton maybe? Might be alot of work tho.. but it'd be sweet. Oh ya.. you forgot to put the zipper on the back of his head.. (I was just at the website.. probably the only reason I noticed)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well i could make my own skeleton true, but im not awesome at that, and im not to happy about the idea of remaking every single animation from scratch,

and about the zipper, ill add that after i get him ingame i promise,

(if i can)

Best answers
You should make him a model for ESF. His transformation could be to that japanesse anime version of him with the blue hair. That would rock!

:laff:

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
that was the plan jack

ZuL

Best answers
Just so no one forgets, me and a few other people (Apocalypse_1985, FreakingNeo) made a StrongBad model a while ago, for the Strong Bad Mod. Just as a side-note, I really am not fond of the face-skin... But it does look like the SB :)

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=7487
*Pics edited out because of forum rules* -Magus

And one more thing to add an improvement for your SB-model: If it's possible, or not too difficult, try and make his head have a red-like outline, his body a skincoloured-like outline, his pants have a grey outline and so on.

And oh; the gloves you made, they are too small. And the thumb should be moved in front. By the way; Shijing works for our cause ;)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
plz dont advertise your work in my thread, its actually a tad annoying and has copped several people warnings as of late, (meaning edit your post or make a new thread) i know shijing works for your mod and hes a good friend of mine, but this is my thread and i dont want people getting confused as to whos is whos,

shijing actually thought it was your model at first, i can tell a difference right off, but thats just me,

also

i like the black outline cuz it makes it look cartoon"ish", if i made the outlines the same color as the skin it make the outlines 100% useless,

im still workin on getting the bugger ingame, though i havent touched the model for awhile, im still thinking of what it could be

EDIT*****
i actually attached the arms to the model rather than just stickin em there, it looks a lil but smoother, but i still have yet to get him into esf, (i havent actually tried to, i just been tweaking the model) trying to get him perfect, but under 2500 polys, (remember the cellshading doubles the polycount, which leaves me withabout 500 polys left)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
righty, i didnt say it was Zuls model.. i just thought you used the torso of it ^_^

anyways... he's not advertising, all he's doing is showing you pics of what your should look like, dont forgot yours is for esf, his is for our mod :rolleyes:

i hope to see it ingame, but it wont be easy to assign it, strongbads arms are a nightmare o_O

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
your telling me, haha, to hear someone such as yourself say its a nightmare, prettymuch ruins all hope for me,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom