Street Fighter IV - Debut Trailer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, the trailer is great, but I would have liked to see in-game footage, which is nearly impossible since the platform for this game is undecided/unknown. Whatever system it's on, I hope it will be a 2-Dimensional game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCQahRpksSA

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm hoping it'll be in 3d, despite how poorly the EX series did. While I definitely like how they stuck with 2d for this whole time, I think it's time to give 3d another shot.

Best answers
well i personally would like them to keep it 2d, but if they can do 3d as well as they did 2d more power too em. I've just recently started getting into the competitive 3rd strike scene so this news is very exciting!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually the later games (including 3rd strike) were in 2.5d, much like sonic 3...

basically they had 3d characters which were only rendered from a specific view, and that was essentially used as a sprite.

i'm stoked, and i'm 99% sure they are working on 3d this time (bearing in mind those were normalmapped 3d models in the trailer), i'm gonna go ahead and guess that those were the quality of models to be expected. and if the games art style is similar to the trailer, then it's going to absolutely own ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this was posted sometime last night on the CAPCOM bbs
I'll start with the basic answer that will diffuse the majority of questions here:

We've announced Street Fighter 4 to let everyone know it's in development. We aren't really providing any more information than that at this time, but over the coming months, you'll see bits and pieces come to light. Platforms especially aren't being discussed.

While CUSA owns the rights to Street Fighter, we have contracted Capcom Japan to handle its development (we felt they would, by far, do the best job with the title).

The game is further along in development than probably most of you think, but as we've stated, it's still quite a ways off. Again, the announcement was just to get it on everyone's radar, nothing more.

Beyond that no one at Capcom will speak about characters returning, character count, platforms, features, 2D or 3D or 2.5D, whether the trailer is representative of gameplay/character design/visual targets, arcade or not, online features, downloadable strategy, where it fits in the canon, etc.

All of that will be revealed over time... the next bits will be revealed a bit later this year.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually the later games (including 3rd strike) were in 2.5d, much like sonic 3...

basically they had 3d characters which were only rendered from a specific view, and that was essentially used as a sprite.

i'm stoked, and i'm 99% sure they are working on 3d this time (bearing in mind those were normalmapped 3d models in the trailer), i'm gonna go ahead and guess that those were the quality of models to be expected. and if the games art style is similar to the trailer, then it's going to absolutely own ass.
You mean "It's gonna look good".

Anywhos, awesome that street fighter is back and all, but that trailer didn't show **** all.
If it's done in 3d but well, it should be fine, the only beef id have with 2d, is lighting and shadowin are gonna be hard to make beliveable.

EDIT: although they could make sprites up that have the lighting and shadowing for every situation in the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About ****ing time they made a NEW Street Fighter.

Now watch them make it normal definition so they can go and remake it into an HD Super Ultra Turbo Fighting Remix version later. :p

That is, of course, after they make a ton of variations on the same game first.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.. I need new pants..
Not just underwear, but pants.. maybe a new chair too..

Holy s***.
I rarely get hyped up about games but DAMN!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good call on Capcom Japan.

I hope it's got uber good graphics. Like watching a cartoon or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm, those screens are from Street Fighter 2 HD Remix Whateverthe****it'snamedagain, not Street Fighter 4.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't mind a 3D Street Fighter with Marvel vs Capcom styled fighting.

But they will definitely have to step things up. You don't see a lot of good fighter games that use the whole "qcf+punch" type of fighting anymore. Being next-gen and all, they'll have to try something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom