Street Fighter Battles - Vote

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Poll is Multiple Choice because I want you to answer the outcome of each battle & who you think can beat who. Violent Ken is still a Capcom character even though he only made an appearance in an SNK game, then again if you wanna count him in from the Animated Movie... Go ahead, but he showed alot more in Chaos.

Heres who I think will probably win:

Battle 1: Violent Ken
Battle 2: Vega
Battle 3: Yun
Battle 4: Balrog
Battle 5: Juni

I know many of you are thinking Sagat would rape Vega. But you gotta think about it, they really have Sub-Boss powers. Vega is more Powerful than Sagat if he has his Claws, With his Mask he has more defense, however if Sagat removes either one or both I think he'll have trouble. Also the reason why I think Vega will win is because his poking and reaching is just better than Sagat, not only that, he jumps too high for his size and he is faster than Sagat.

Juni, basically cause she can do more than Juli. However I dont think she survived what happened in Alpha 3. I think Juli survived though. But still, that 360* Grab she has is a beast. Balrog simply cause hese just a freight train ready to run you down. He doesn't need all that unecessary movement that Dudley has, he'll just dash in and knock you down with one punch. His fists are as big as his head.

And I think Yun will beat the crap out of Fei Long by a mile simply because of those combos he has. That and his quickness is too good.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sagat is a very underated character.

Put him in the hands of someone who knows how to use him, he's sometimes stronger than M.Bison himself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Especially in Alpha 3, he has some sick combos in that one. Don't mess with a 7 1/2 foot tall muay thai fighter, he'll mess you up. I don't beleive I've ever seen Violent Ken, but the concept seems pretty lame. Ken isn't the type of guy that would have a dark side to him, he's way too carefree and silly. Regardless, in a fight between the two, Ryu would win. Reasons why: Ryu has the raging demon (aka instant hell murder). The Shin-shuriuken, and he's ryu... :|. Of course in the right hands I'm sure ken could win, but if we're talking about two equally skilled palyers, I would definatley give it to Ryu.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Evil Ryu doesn't have Shin Shoryuken, thats regular Ryu. Violent Ken isn't really... Evil, its a possessed Ken. In SVC Chaos they make it seem as if he has Orochi-like powers though.

Sagat is only good in CVS2 cause of his c.HP, Its hitbox frame is too big and that punch can stop almost anything. I think he has the same down clip in SFA3 but if he does its not as great as it is in CVS2. Vega is a beast. Vega & Sagat have always been top tiers though (And im not someone who beleives in tiers but their strength are so obvious), so you shouldn't doubt Vega's skills.

So many votes and only two replies... That aint fun :\

I can always depend on you thought Phatslugga :) You and I are probably the ones who are most addicted to SF/KOF in here.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With Sagat, if I can land a certain hit, I can chain others into a near fatal (unofficialy combo'd) string. The key to any SF game is to mix simple moves, and to realize that connecting combos is a rare thing in many cases with people who are as experienced as you. You can break a combo with a simple button combination.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I play Street Fighter or any other 2D Fighter I pretty much analyze the characters. I see what has more priority than what, what limbs have more advantages and what can stop this and that.

Combos in SFA3 are as easy as in CvS2. My rush down tactics consit of mixing over-heads (sometimes small jumps) into down medium kicks or fierce kicks. I've been hanging out in Shoryuken.com way too long. Anyway, yah. I dont really think you need a simple button combination to stop a combo, you can simply jab or medium kick someone out of a combo if you just stay there waiting for the right moment. You dont need anything fancy.

When I play though, I always throw out limbs. Im always abusing Fierce Punch and Fierce kick, even if your far away i'll be throwing light punches and whatnot, depending on who your play. For example if your Blanka or Dhalsim, I will jab Dhalsims hand out of the way. Or I could stop you from doing the Blanka ball with just a Light Punch or a Shoryuken if I wanted to. I think Cammy is the best character to throw out limbs with, her s.Hard Punch can stop almost alot of Air attacks, and if she gets hit chances are you'll get hit too. In CVS2 Cammy also has a long grab range...

I dont even wanna talk about MvC2. I retired from that exploit fest. Just play Cable and throw out Dr. Doom & Black Heart while you keep shooting and jump straight up and shooting with cable, you will literally stay in the corner with that team. Im throwing too many projectiles at you and by the end of the match you will have been chip damaged to death.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks man, I always do enjoy these threads :).

You're right he doesn't have the Shin-Shuriuken, dough :( ! He does have an uppercut special though, but it's not as devistating. Still the raging demon is more than enough. Since I never played as violent ken, I can't really say much, but it all boils down to the players. Ryu has more consistancy and raw power, Ken on the other hand has speed and range to his advantage. For me, when I want to win, I choose Ryu. If I want to play around and get a highscore, I'll choose Ken. Ken is much more fun to play as though, I'll admit that. :)

Talking about Sagat in CVS2, you can use those hitboxes against him pretty well too. I didn't play as him much in CVS2, but he is potentially one of the 3 most powerful characters in SFA3. All thanks to his uppercut and long reach. Get someone in a corner with that uppercut and you can just unleash hell on them (if you can ever get them to that corner). However, his large hitbox and sluggish speed can easily be the cause of his defeat. Nothing sucks more than someone that knows how to use chun-li or ken fights me when I'm sagat. Which brings me to Vega, I'm not going to hate on Vega, becuase I know a few people that use him very well. Vega just happens to be one of those characters that's perfect for fighting Sagat, fast and unpredictable. The same can be said the other way around though... Ugh when you get down to each of these fights, it always depends on player skill. Streetfighter is a well balanced game, it makes it so hard to pick one character over another. Heh, I've almost learned how to use every character in Third strike at this point, and I can easily see the potential in each of them (Q in my opinion is the hardest character to play as). I tend to pick the characters I like becuase of that, which is why Ryu must win :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought Q was bad untill I figured out how his charge punch works. If you just tap it he will punch the enemy quickly when he dashes forward, if he hold down the punch or kick button he will delay the punch but it will be more powerful. Q is actually harder to predict than Balrog when it comes to that dash forward attack.

Sagat's uppercut does most damage in Alpha 3. However its still an over rated attack and you shouldn't rely on it too much, Sagat's regulard Hard Punch and Hard Kick is strong enough, you might as well go the hole match doing regular HP/HK attacks while throwing out descent special moves. If your going to use Sagat's uppercut its better to use the Medium version, Only use the Hard Punch version when you know the enemy ****ed up and he cant block (for example if the enemy was playing a Shoto and he does a shoryuken but misses you - punish him with the Hard Uppercut).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only dark ryu has the raging demon... to be honest though ive never been a fan of the "dark" characters... it took too much out of the personality and uniqueness of the characters. for example. ryu having the raging demon = omg why is akuma so special? that was akuma's move, and his alone, even in the alpha story, only akuma could handle its power.

ryu is too level headed to go dark, hes never even released his full potential (although i think he would in a good scrap with ken). just like ken is light headed and foolhardy, he hasnt released his potential either.

Sagat IS an awsome fighter, in my opinion, second only to ryu and ken. bison is tough sure, but hes got nothing on an angry sagat.

my vote of strongest - weakest would go (and this is based on both the animated movie, and the anime series).

Akuma
Ryu + Ken
Sagat
Bison
Guile
E-Honda
Ballrog
Chun-Li
Dahlsim
Blanka
Zangief

ps. the pocket fighter series was the best >;D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, thats kinda of a Unique list of Favorites Max. Most people will put down the coolest looking characters but you pretty much just jotted down all the good characters (except Vega & Charlie). Vega is underated :\

And actually, Bison would own Sagat IMO :p

It was funny how in the Animated Movie Bison dissed Sagat. Sagat was just standing behind Bison and Bison is like "Anyone who can beat the crap out of Sagat is a worthy opponent" or something along those lines...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
G-Gear#666 said:
I thought Q was bad untill I figured out how his charge punch works. If you just tap it he will punch the enemy quickly when he dashes forward, if he hold down the punch or kick button he will delay the punch but it will be more powerful. Q is actually harder to predict than Balrog when it comes to that dash forward attack.
Yeah, knew about his charge punch and it does make him hard to predict, but overall I'm just not good with the charge attack characters. I can't get the timing down nearly as well as I can with quarter-circle characters. I've beaten all of my friends with Q, but I'm not consistant, I'll lose more than I win :(. Gotta love his EX-slap though (reverse quarter-circle punch), you slap them like 7 times... it's jsut a really satisfying move. :)

Sagat's uppercut does most damage in Alpha 3. However its still an over rated attack and you shouldn't rely on it too much, Sagat's regulard Hard Punch and Hard Kick is strong enough, you might as well go the hole match doing regular HP/HK attacks while throwing out descent special moves. If your going to use Sagat's uppercut its better to use the Medium version, Only use the Hard Punch version when you know the enemy ****ed up and he cant block (for example if the enemy was playing a Shoto and he does a shoryuken but misses you - punish him with the Hard Uppercut).
Oh definately, his regular punches and kicks are more than enough to keep your enemy at bay. For crying out loud his fierce kick extends out over half the screen (I'm being a bit sarcastic, but damnit that's a long leg). As for using the uppercut, I usually only use it when I'm sure it'll hit, becuase a missed uppercut from any character is pretty much enough to turn the tables to our opponents favor. It's just when you get someone in the corner, and pull off his Tiger Genocide and you can finish it off with another uppercut at the end. You're garaunteed about half of their health bar at that point. Of course any good player is usually hard to execute on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gir said:
E-Honda
Ballrog
Chun-Li
Dahlsim
Blanka
Zangief
Why? Zangief may not be the fastest, but he's a hulking tower of muscle, i'd definatley put him above Dhalism. And why did E Honda come so high? I thought he was just a fat guy with a tendancy to slap.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
voted Vega over sagat..and that's all, I think all that evil ryu violent ken ryu with horniness dan hibiki akuma crap got old, stick to the originals o/

Vega pwns D:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Akuma
Ken/Ryu
Chun-Li
Fei Long
Gen
Sagat

Everyone else is useless imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, many people actually think Fei Long could beat Yun :p

Anyway Magus, I disagree with you, I tried to stop myself from using Shoto's on the poll cause usually every Street Fighter Poll you see has Ken/Ryu in it, however I immediately thought about Violent Ken and what people would think about the match up with him and Evil Ryu...

Thats why I mostly focused on other characters... I shoulda put Cyber Dan vs. Cyber Akuma - LOL

EDIT: Oh yeah, RavenDust, in CVS2 E.Honda's head butt attack is nearly unbeatable, its the same way in Alpha 3, but like Sagat's crouching Fierce Punch, E.Honda is best in CVS2.

Zangief is has too much Grab range and Power, but then if he didn't have those attributes he'd be a useless character.

I wish Vice had more Grab Range in CVS2... She woulda been perfect if she had the Zangief Grab Range...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom