street fighter advanced melee

Best answers
I haven't been monitoring ESF for ages (like a couple of years) so i'm not sure whether the advanced melee you've got right now is final but i had this idea for a while thought i might get some opinions on it.

Obviously most of you guys know what street fighter is, or heard of it at least. It's a 2d arcade game where 2 fighters fight using movement and button combos to pull of cool moves.

My idea: Keep the standard swoop clash and bubble, but in that bubble, depending whether they are close to the ground of in the air, they will float or be walking. The camera then changes to SF style, and now the player uses arrow keys and a combination of keys for punch and kick etc.

You can pull of simple moves or more poweful combos, as well as beams and stuff. Once someone gets thrown or they drift too far apart the melee stops and goes back to third person.

Prob SF will be a bit slow, but think of something like Marvel v Street Fighter or Xmen v Street Fighter for example.

I think this is a good idea because it offers an interesting focus on melee and allows more control in moves and stuff.

C&C please.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
why have a 2d fighting system in a 3d environment?
anyway, I dont think its such a good idea because its basically nothing new and original. if you want a game like this you could also just play tenkaichi or budokai or whatever (never actually played those myself :p)

you might want to take a look at this thread, it gives you an idea of how the 1.3 melee could possibly be like.
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=57392

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
budokai suck to much limitation , even in SF has to much limitation's in 3d fight's it's much complex then 2nd fight's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom