Strange Windows Problems

Best answers
A while ago my computer got some spyware. I used Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and AVG to scan my computer. The spyware apparently was deleted but every so often (maybe once a minute or so) my taskbar (with the Start button and all those things) disappears. This leads to the minimizing of all my windows but it never seemed too malicious. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right-click the taskbar > Properties > Uncheck "Auto-hide the taskbar"

Bah, beat me to it, bish ~ Smiff

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Control + Alt + Delete and look for any unusual task names. If you don't know what any do, then just copy their name into google and search for it. The first or second find will tell you what it does and what it may be doing to your computer if it's malignant.

Best answers
Thanks for the reply and I never thought of that before >_>
But I decided to put all of the processes' names into Google (separate searches, of course) but all are either Windows system processes or anti-virus, Firefox, or Java

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually the taskbar disappearing and all the windows minimizing sounds to me like explorer.exe has crashed, though I can't tell you why or what to do about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
Actually the taskbar disappearing and all the windows minimizing sounds to me like explorer.exe has crashed, though I can't tell you why or what to do about it.
Exactly.
This happens every so often to me, all you gotta do is ctrl+alt+del, goto Process, and look for explorer.exe. click it and goto end process, click yes, and after that in the ctrl+alt+del, goto File--> Run, and in run type one of the following:

-explorer
-explorer.exe

If you do that then the taskbar will re appear :)

Best answers
Well, another thing. Windows keeps rearranging the shortcuts on my desktop o_O

EDIT:

Also, I think my explorer.exe really does have a problem. Once, I accidentally shut down the explorer process. I restarted it later, but ever since then my taskbar disappears and reappears about 4 seconds later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom