strange project,

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive recently developed an addiction to a ps2 online game entitled monster hunter, its a game in which you well,.... fight monsters, dinosaurs and dragons anyways, with various weapon types

my goal is to make short video clips of my new favourite cartoon character, duckman, doing various things you do inside this video game for fun, like charging with the lance weapon, swinging the massive great sword, doing the whirlwind hammer technique, etc, i will be modelling all the weapons at a later time after i decide which im gonna do,

problem is i cant animate for crap in max, much less animate someone (or some duck) weilding a weapon, im hoping to find someone who can help me fill this void in the project, i can make generic animations like running and jumping and punching for ingame use but to make a short video clip is something completely new to me,

i apologize for not having a bigger picture, my install of 3dsmax is buggy and crashes alot whilst messing with keyframes, so it crashed before i could make a new one but here it is, in iall ts 320x240 glory

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hahaha nuttzy thats great! :D im glad your coming back to the modeling scene (even if its just a little).

i cant really crit at all, but im REALLY looking forward to seeing some later animations :D

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks pretty cool man!!
glad to see you working on something finally, heh ^_^ i really like how it looks so far!
keep us update :smile:

Best answers
YES AWESOME! duckman rulez ;) lol you did an awesome job cant wait to see what you come up with for the animations!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sooo...are we supposed to be criting on the camera rotation or just praising? :O
well neither at the moment, the project itself hasnt even begun yet, i need to get around to animating it myself or findiing a seperate one, since my animation skills in max are limited to short looping animations, ive never attempted to do anything past that

feel free to criticize it if you want, i dont much care what you do as long as it isnt spamming in my thread, but if its model info ya want, you shall recive

when i initially started the thing, i planned on making him very high poly, so hes got a few areas with wasted polys, he weighs in at 3k tris which is a lil too high for my tastes, so im really wanting to rework some parts of him, but at the same time, i doubt ill get around to it, ill post a newer picture in a second

EDIT***

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
well neither at the moment, the project itself hasnt even begun yet, i need to get around to animating it myself or findiing a seperate one, since my animation skills in max are limited to short looping animations, ive never attempted to do anything past that

feel free to criticize it if you want, i dont much care what you do as long as it isnt spamming in my thread, but if its model info ya want, you shall recive

when i initially started the thing, i planned on making him very high poly, so hes got a few areas with wasted polys, he weighs in at 3k tris which is a lil too high for my tastes, so im really wanting to rework some parts of him, but at the same time, i doubt ill get around to it, ill post a newer picture in a second
ehh diddnt delete the post fast enough :p . I knew that was unnecessary so i treid to take back what i typed. My apologies.

As for animations, its not tons different from ms3d and i remember you having some skills in ms3d animation. Just get some tutorials and youll be set.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
very sever and hardcore ownage man, nice work :).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love that second render =0 the teeth look perfect >_< as does the rest, nice work ^_^ and im glad to see you start modeling again ^_^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taimaishu said:
ehh diddnt delete the post fast enough :p . I knew that was unnecessary so i treid to take back what i typed. My apologies.

As for animations, its not tons different from ms3d and i remember you having some skills in ms3d animation. Just get some tutorials and youll be set.

oh you deleted it fast enough alright, problem is im a moderator, ill see it anyways, i dont quite understand your reasons for deleting it though it was completely ontopic, and wasnt flaming/insulting anyone,

as for that, yes i can animate in milkshape, but the same, in short looping animations suitable for ingame use, i have no clue what i would do if i wanted to make lets say a 30 second long animation, doing ingame animations is alot easier, you dont have to worry about alot of things that you would have to otherwise

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im sort of confused... do you want to put this model in Monster Hunter or do u just want the duck doing some animations for fun, isnt only a ps2 game?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah, itd be impossible to put it into monster hunter, i just want to animate him doing stuff from monster hunter, like doing weapon movements from the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom