Strange problem with my microphone, volume decreasing by itself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems that whenever my microphone is in use, that is to say, I am recording something or talking online, my volume decreases. But here's the thing: it only decreases when I enable Mic Boost. But, when I don't enable it, the volume is very low and no one can understand me when I talk. So if you can, please, tell me how to either:

1) increase my volume further without mic boost.
2) stop the volume decreasing while mic boost is on.

Thanks in advance!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't even really make any sense. Unless you've got some third party application running that's interfering with your mic, there's no reason for the volume to decrease... Do a virus scan and see what comes up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've encountered that kind of problem before I think, the volume automatically thinks it's too low and resets to a lower value. If I'm not mistaken, this isn't a virus, just buggy software.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm...don't you mean too high? Anyway if it's a third-party application it's in some way connected to the mic boost, since when it's off I don't have the problem. Strange indeed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err, sorry, yes, I mean too high. Lack of fresh air has that effect on me.

The mic-boost might push it over the top on the volume, or it may confuse it. I've had lots of mic problems before, stupid SoundMAX. >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom