Strange problem(s)

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hey,

I downlaoded ESF a couple of days ago but couldn't get it to work over the net properly. I reinstalled windows yesterday cause my comp crashed but the same thing happens again; aside that, ESF launcher started crashing. Now, I've checked all the tutorials and FAQs and can't find the appropriate answers for my problems, so I'll just ask here. What happens is as it follows:

First off, neither Half-Life nor ESF will show in my Steam window. I've tried installing Steam first off and than Half-Life, I've tried instaling Half-Life and than Steam but it just won't work. WHY? Is there a specials "somethign" I oughtta know, or do they have to be installed in the appropriate folder or what? I've udated my Half-Life game to 1.1.1.0. and I've dowloaded teh ESF version 1.2.3. (installer not patch). I dunno anything anymore. Please help.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK here is what you nead to do.

1.) Install STEAM

2.) Open the browse games menu in STEAM

3.) Click on the "Register a product i already own..." button

4.) Enter your HL CD-key into the window that pops up.

5.) You should see a list of games available select any you want.

6.) Wait till your HL game updates itself (you should see how much its updated if you use STEAMs monitor)

7.) After the game is updated run it once. Go hazard course or start the game .

8.) Install ESF to the HL foulder in teh STEAM foulder.

9.) Enjoy the game.

Hope that helps you ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Eh, I did that :p The problem that occured is that the CD key was already used by someone else. And yes, I have a legite copy of HL1 which I bought in a store, not a d/loaded version. Any way to reset the CD key, cause I won't pay $ to be sent another CDkey from Valve that, for all I know, is also already used up.

P.S.: where u from Grega?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judging by your name the same place as you XD Slovenia PWNS XD

To reset the CD-key you nead to look on STEAMs forums since its there program.

just check the forums at www.steampowered.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom