Storm Warnings...In Scotland?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We get the occasional earth quake, Maybe every 100 years

Tsunami probally upset some stuff but not enough to end the world.

It would take thousands of years for anything supremely major to happen anyway

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I highly doubt a few bad things spells disaster for the world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

but the landslides in cal were kind of long coming i mean these people build huge ass houses on land totally inapropreate to support it and then they wonder why it gets washed away in the rain

Best answers
yea i agree...its almost the same concept of building a house at the base of a volcano then wonder y ur house burns down while being overrun with lava...

but yea...its just a climate shift because of the tsunami...itll return to normal soon itll just take a few weeks

Best answers
Why don't you try 4 hurricanes in about 2 months time. Yah you guys have it bad for 'severe weather' lol. I am just messin' though. But we've had some serious stuff happen this past summer with the hurricanes through my neighborhood(I was in the eye of charley...scary.)

From MSN:

From space, Mother Earth is seemingly tranquil — the proverbial "big blue marble." But up close it looks like our more than 4 billion-year-old planet is having trouble.

Consider the recent evidence:

The violent Indian Ocean earthquake and the resulting tsunami that left parts of 11 nations devastated.
November's powerful 6.2 earthquake in Costa Rica that killed eight people.
Three volcanoes in Guatemala all simultaneously active for the first time in 31 years.

Should we be worried?

"The world is not coming to an end," says NASA scientist Dr. David Adamec. "Things are fine."

Adamec studies the Earth and says there is no scientific data to suggest all this violence from the Earth, at the same time, is unusual.

"The planet is alive," he says. "We have a hot core and every once in a while there are weak zones in the crust and we see things like volcanoes and earthquakes happen along those things. It's just a normal part of what a planet does."

But wait a minute — what about all the wicked weather?

Floods are happening everywhere: from western England — the worst in 40 years — to Estonia, Finland and Ohio. Then there's the so-called “pineapple express” battering the Western United States. Is it the result of another warm Pacific Ocean El Niño event?

"The effect of El Niño on this particular weather pattern is hard to find," says Russell Pfost, a meteorologist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6814322/

I doubt the earth is anything like that movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here in Jersey, there haven't been any natural disasters in a few years.

It's just idiotically warm when it's supposed to be the dead of winter. 70 or so degrees f when it should be below 30.

The weather is just so screwy it's rediculous.

Best answers
Wesley Gibson said:
I'm guessing that the disaster in the west is effecting the weather. Ever since the tsunami we have had bad storms here, and it seems its spreading.
How the hell can an underwater earthquake cause bad weather in Scotland? Or any earthquake for that matter? I'm no meteorologist, but I don't think it's physically possible for an earthquake to cause a climate change. The only reason it caused a Tsunami was that it was underwater. It can't affect wind speeds or cause rain on the other side of the world.

Best answers
Scruffie said:
How the hell can an underwater earthquake cause bad weather in Scotland? Or any earthquake for that matter? I'm no meteorologist, but I don't think it's physically possible for an earthquake to cause a climate change. The only reason it caused a Tsunami was that it was underwater. It can't affect wind speeds or cause rain on the other side of the world.
ok..
Due to the highly unpredicatble nature of the worlds weather system, its possible for events to have an amplified effects i.e. Chaos theory, Butterfly effect etc but it would be highly unlikely..

-SaN <-Me's a metor watsa dusa! :yes:

Bolteh2

B
Scruffie said:
easy.. the quake causes birds to freak out and fly north.. they end up in some place they don't know and start ****ting all over the place.. a plane (that has poo all over it's windshield) flies into the flock of birds and crashes.. all the feathers of the birds float around and tickle the sky.. the sky is laughing so hard it's causing thunder and it's raining because the clouds are crying (of laughter)

jezus.. THINK MAN

Best answers
Bolteh said:
easy.. the quake causes birds to freak out and fly north.. they end up in some place they don't know and start ****ting all over the place.. a plane (that has poo all over it's windshield) flies into the flock of birds and crashes.. all the feathers of the birds float around and tickle the sky.. the sky is laughing so hard it's causing thunder and it's raining because the clouds are crying (of laughter)

jezus.. THINK MAN
I stand corrected, it is possible. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom