Stop Beam Spamming without lowering beam strength

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if this is already inplemented but what if when you were attacked while charging a beam, it would fail to fire instead of autofiring and killing everyone else?

And maybe make people more vunerable whilst charging; your guard would be down while concentrating wouldn't it?

Any comments?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think your 2nd suggestion would really stop the spammage.

The beams would still be very powerful, and if someone starts charging a Kamehameha while in a transformed state, the attack will still be very powerful. If he does it when nobody sees him do it, he can still fire the attack and get the kills.

Your suggestion works only under the assumption that all players are seen by all other players at all times, and thusly are able to interfere when someone's charging an attack, but that's simply not the case on most servers.

I don't know about your 1st suggestion though. See, when someone loses the oppertunity to attack with his charged weapon, it's his own fault for not defending, so losing his attack's charge is punishment for that.

If that person would retain his charge instead of having it auto-fire, as soon as that person recovers from any attack he suffered, he's able to quickly shoot the attack he already charged. That's not very fair, I think.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beam spamming isn't really a problem anymore unless a pro gets bored (or some random guy wants to use krillin's bs "I don't have to do **** to hit people" attack.

I think the person charging the attack should be damaged by his own beam if he gets hit before he fires it. The amount of energy required to even see it is substantial, so if he were to suddenly lose control I'm sure it would burn a lot of his body or something.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It shouldnt hurt yourself because then noone use beams at all. I think every time you use a the same beam within a certain time or without charging it should get weaker and weaker until you wait or charge.unless its something like deathbeam,ki blast,eye beams.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's just siplier to add a delay time for the beam spamers to respawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom