Still action to find in esf?

Best answers
I havent been active in ESF for a long time now. So I'm curious if it's still active for competetive gaming?

And if that's the case is it then still 1.2 or is it 1.3 now?

Are there many good players active or just a handful?

If someone is in this part of the community please respond to this post :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I havent been active in ESF for a long time now. So I'm curious if it's still active for competetive gaming?

And if that's the case is it then still 1.2 or is it 1.3 now?

Are there many good players active or just a handful?

If someone is in this part of the community please respond to this post :)
Sup toxen :p

Been a while.

Well youll notice that some Syndi members are round the servers. And some other good players. But mostly its new blood :)

Its still 1.2.3 and some people like to play ECX. Maby give it a ring since it has more people playing.

Anyhow nice to see you still round and maby we can have a match some time again :)

Best answers
Yea I'll just have to get a new hl1 account. Let my bro use it a few months for playing cs with his friends - when i log back onto it im banned from all hl guard servers wehee :D

What is this ecx exactly? I heard from sephize that it was a bit like evm.

and do people still duel? i remember that was the only thing i did in the end

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
ECX sounds quite fun, and it is.. But, damn.. I created a server yesterday and imy ping boosted up from 30 to 150+ at only 4 - 5 people in my server. (And this was a dedicated server).. It would have been more fun if it wouldn't eat your resources so much.

Best answers
ouch thats a difference : /

Oh btw now my net is 3mb/512 - when i played i had 1mb/128. Will this connection allow me to play on american servers?

My ping on europe was around 50 with the other connection - any clue on how low it's gonna go now?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The connection doesn't really matter, it's more the distance between your connection and the servers location.

I live in the Netherlands, which means my ping would be less then 60 in European servers, and over 100+ in American servers.

Best answers
oh okay : / Living in denmark doesnt exactly make me close to the servers.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ECX sounds quite fun, and it is.. But, damn.. I created a server yesterday and imy ping boosted up from 30 to 150+ at only 4 - 5 people in my server. (And this was a dedicated server).. It would have been more fun if it wouldn't eat your resources so much.
Not to mention you usually time out before connecting...

As I posted this post. There are currently 9 servers operating within 100 ping from the UK. Denmark's not far from the UK.... but some are ECX and EVM... so about 5-ish

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's more or less the same it was for all of 1.2. Not a lot of people play, but there are enough good people playing to make it interesting.

Best answers
There's enough people to get some variety everyday.

Best answers
Alright - gonna force my bro to buy me a new halflife since he ruined the one i have. Then i'll be back to esf once that happens.

And something else - (please no flaming):

Are people still okay with playing against a scripter? Because I will still use my forward swooop script once I get back - and if that makes me unable to have any duels then I won't be playing.

I see scripters aren't allowed in tournaments, but people will still play with em on normal duel servers etc. ?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll just speak for myself here. I hate playing scriptors. If I know someone scripts and I have admin on the server, I will kick them, but that basically never happens since you can't prove that anyone is scripting unless they admit it.

I'll play a scriptor in duels, but if a scriptor beats me in a duel, I'll consider the entire duel bs because in my eyes, their cheating.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are still people around. I've been away for ages and popped back on to find familiar people. Also, ECX is actually quite good for an add-on (as long as they remove telesense from existence). But as far as normal ESF goes, it's one down a bit in the USA but from the looks of it, it's still holding strong in europe.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's fine in the U.S. We have four dedicated servers, one of which being a duel server, that's really all we need... Europe is probably in better shape though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ECX connection times suck.

It takes about 30 seconds for it to load, then when you are finally about the enter the server. It disconnects you and says that you are timed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom