Steve Jobs writes an open letter - Flash snubbed on all Apple products

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Absolutely ridiculous, as an iPhone owner and a web developer who works extensively with Flash developers and Flash applications, it amazes me to no end the level of hypocrisy dripping from Steve Jobs' mouth as he continues to talk down the need for Flash on all mobile products.

He has some valid points yes, flash will likely drain battery life and there might be some performance issues, but his performance arguement is debunked by Apple opening up h264 decoding in it's API's on Mac OSX which actually allows Flash to decode on hardware instead of software.

It's a blatant attempt to gain market share by limiting any and all 3rd party API's from developing on the Mac platform.

It's also ironic that Jobs labels HTML 5 (lol - doesn't really exist yet) and CSS as open technologies when Apple recently patented two techniques in CSS (transform and animation).

GG Hypocrites.

/endtechnicalrant

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read this in the newspaper last week. Although HTML 5 has some neat new features (http://html5demos.com/), it can't even begin to compare to flash in terms of motion graphics design. More and more websites these days use Flash for some (or all) of their elements. Steve Jobs is an idiot for not allowing flash to work on the iPhone. Many applications today wouldn't even work without flash. Where would your precious Youtube go.

Steve, first you design a laptop that costs a billion euro's while it has really crappy hardware inside, then you design a phone that lacks even the most basic features and now you even want to discard Flash. Thanks for letting me know once more why Windows and Android are much better than you are; compatibility. At least the phones running Windows or Android will soon all have full Flash 10 support. More and more smartphones running either of these OS' are adding support for Flash (and HTML 5)

I seriously hope Adobe drop all support for Apple. Including OSX. Doubt that's going to happen though, but if they would, I would laugh my ass off so hard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Apple sucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HE OPENED MY EYES!

*uninstalls flash*

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not likely that Adobe will drop all flash support to Macs, most Flash devs to dev on Mac machines (at least in our office) for whatever reason that Mac's do it better.

I have no problem with Apple, (as I said I own an iPhone), but I'm calling Jobs out on this one, he's shown his greed on this one with the poop slinging against Flash (that made me lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom