Steam with Half-Life cache.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys I just downloaded a version of Steam with Half-Life cache (the file name is steaminstall_halflife.exe), and I have a question: When I try to "activate a product on Steam" and enter the Half-Life cd key, will Steam just unpack the files in my SteamApps folder, which are BTW in .gcf format, or will it download Half-Life off the net anyway?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It means that it has the Half-Life cache included, meaning that once you enter the cd-key it will automatically unpack the cache without having to download it off of the server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks, MC you helped me a lot!!! All I have to do now is enter the key and I'm in the game, hehe:devgrin: :devgrin: :devgrin:

Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
Hey guys I just downloaded a version of Steam with Half-Life cache (the file name is steaminstall_halflife.exe), and I have a question: When I try to "activate a product on Steam" and enter the Half-Life cd key, will Steam just unpack the files in my SteamApps folder, which are BTW in .gcf format, or will it download Half-Life off the net anyway?
ummm dude were did u dowload that steam with the half life chache on it becuase i need half life other wise i cant play esf :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Fileplanet, but you need a Half-Life CD-Key to install Half-Life.
Actually, I got it at FileFront. FilePlanet is much too messy for me, FileFront rules for esf.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could do that too, I usually use FilePlanet for whatever unknown reason for downloading anything. So were you able to get it working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom