STEAM UPDATE PROBLEM!!!

Best answers
Hi guys i just have latley a wave of errors and problems and now it's steam. I downloaded steam esf the latest version and than i installed it in the esf folder. Afther that i startet steam and there was standing a updating thing of steam (when i started up). But steam don't update so i waited an hour and than an error appeared "winsock error 10045" (ore somthing like that) afther error the online choice i can do is click on cancel afther that steam shuts down. So i can't even start steam :S :S :S plzzz help me cause i don't know what to do else in my spare time.....

Best answers
U installed steam in the esf folder?? lol!! uhm anyways...

Is your pc DIRECTLY CONNECTED to the internet? not behind a firewall/router/ or other computer that is sharing the connection? if so you should try to connect your computer directly to the internet, that helped in my case.

Best answers
Try installing Steam into the preset folder it installs into u b00n :p

It wont work because ESF is in the HALFLIFE folder.

Best answers
lol i have an router and a firewall. and we have an network with 3 pc's and we have adsl so it's not that the interenet is off...

Best answers
Uhm what i meant is that u should plug your pc on a direct connection to the internet, so by pass the firewall/router you have...

just plug the internet cable into your ethernet card!

Best answers
Firstly do not install Steam into your esf or half-life folder, install it into its own folder i.e C:\Steam

And log into your router and forward the Steam ports which will enable it to connect to the server correctly.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

* I've got Steam installed - why can't I connect?

If you get an error message saying that Steam cannot connect properly, please check your ports. Steam requires that your firewall have the following ports open:

UDP 1200
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
TCP 27030 to 27039 inclusive

For information about how to control your networking device to open those ports, check the documentation that came with your device or the manufacturer's web site.
Instead of opening portd 27000 to 27015 I would just try 27015 to start with and see if it works. Same with 27030 to 27039, just open 27039 to start with. Either that or disable your firewall.

I have a router with no firewall on and I havn't forwarded any ports and Steam works correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom