Steam Trading Beta

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TF2 Team said:
As we all know, Jonas Salk invented money in 1955 so he would have a way to earn a living from his polio vaccine. Before that, people just traded things they found for things that other people had found. So you might "sell" somebody a scrap of carpet, say, in exchange for an old bottle. It was a perfect system with only one drawback: people spent their lives bartering for piles of garbage before dying of polio.

But wait. What if we told you that you could barter for things that weren't garbage, AND not die of polio? Steam Trading Beta lets you securely trade your in-game items for other in-game items from participating games. You can also trade Steam gifts (games on Steam that you've purchased but not yet added to your Games Library).

Want to try it out? In Steam, go to Steam > Settings, and opt into Steam Trading Beta. That's it! Now your Steam Community profile will have an item inventory, and you'll be able to view the item inventories of every public profile in the Steam community.

Now that you've opted into the Trading Beta, you can invite people to trade through Group Chat, and trade with anybody in your Friends List who's also opted in. Just right-click on their name and select "Invite to Trade" from the dropdown menu. Once your friend accepts your offer to trade, a trade window will open up. The first time you open the trade window, a step-by-step walkthrough will guide you through your first trade.

Source: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=6040

I think the future is being able to trade games for games on steam.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea, I'm using it now.. God I love this feature!

You are able to trade TF2 items for games (or virca versa) (gifts) you have available, or just plain tf2 items for tf2items without the need to be in-game.

Do you have ANY idea how much this will speed up my trading with all my 26 TF2 idle accounts?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, I'm using it now.. God I love this feature!

You are able to trade TF2 items for games (or virca versa) (gifts) you have available, or just plain tf2 items for tf2items without the need to be in-game.

Do you have ANY idea how much this will speed up my trading with all my 26 TF2 idle accounts?
Same for me! All of these Idle accounts and no need to run the game to get my hats anymore!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.tf2items.com/id/deathshot

All items are up for trade.
I got 2x Strange Backburner, Pistol, 2x Scattergun, Ambassador, and Grenade Launcher

I got 1 hat I am willing to trade and thats the Tree hat.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
My idle items for 12 accounts, used steam trade!

Attachments

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky what do you want for that Hottie's Hoodie?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
new acquired killing floor for my Hl2 :D
i love the steam trade.
also i get humble 3 and frozenbyte for weps 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom