Steam Ticket Problem

Best answers
Ok. Trying to get a lan game of ESF going, but always one person keeps getting the "steam ticket has expired" crap. Usually we have this problem once and just switch who hosts and it works... But its not going away this time.

*edit* ok its not working

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sv_lan 0 makes your LAN game not a LAN game...so you are now playing online, just over a network?

Best answers
Well both accounts can play online (laggy) so we wanna play on lan. (over network)
Usually all 3 of us can join. But today, we can only seem to get 2 people to join, and the 3rd person gets "steam ticket has expired" no matter who is hosting.

I use my own account, my brothers share another account.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think about what you just said.

They SHARE an account. One Steam ticket per account.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not a problem, me and my brothers share a Steam account around the house for obvious reasons, we've never heard the phrase 'Steam Ticket' ever before.

You were probably using Steam Online, you have to set Steam to Offline mode before you can do a LAN game with multiple players on one account.

Best answers
@pain : lol. The funny thing is Pain. They use the same account, yet they create and host a game between themselfs. I try to enter with my OWN account, and it doesnt let me join! o_O I know it's possible to do like RavenDust said, plus we have all played together before.

@ravendust : Yeah i tried having the host switch to offline mode....but that didnt make any difference.....guess i'll try tomorrow having them ALL in offline mode >_<* (which is a pain in the ass having to temporary disable the internet)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that should fix it, if two or more people share a Steam account they all have to be set to Offline. We just disconnect the internet from the network before loading Steam so we're all automatically offline, and that seems to work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom