Steam Mobile App for iOS & Android

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

Steam: chat and participate in the Steam community, catch unbeatable Steam sales. With the free Steam app for Android, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go. Chat with your Steam friends, browse community groups and user profiles, read the latest gaming news and stay up to date on unbeatable Steam sales.
It's closed beta. However, when logging in using the app; you'll be added to the invite list.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community

It's possible to login on your mobile and stay logged in on your home system as well. It syncs all the messages both ways, so you always have the latest messages from your friends. So far, I love the app. Finally I can stay online 24/7...... that's sad, isn't it.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seen this on facebook from somewhere this morning. This will help me with running gaming clans a little bit better now!

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I figured it was only a matter of time until they made a Steam app for phones. I'm sure the next step will be starting to sell games that work on phones and tablets.
And I agree Deathshot, that will definitely make communicating with clans much easier.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Think it's a little bogus that we had to wait this long. There are a few other apps out there that did most of what this does other then chatting. Nice that Valve is finally getting off it's ass and getting it done though. Hope I get an invite soon.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Think it's a little bogus that we had to wait this long. There are a few other apps out there that did most of what this does other then chatting. Nice that Valve is finally getting off it's ass and getting it done though. Hope I get an invite soon.
True. However this application allows to be logged in both steam on your own system + mobile. It syncs the messages both ways. This is something I've been waiting for.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah like I said, it's nice that they are finally getting it done. Just bogus that it took so long to get something like this out there.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I guess it took some time to see how much $$$$ they can get with the steam mobile :p. (Buying games through the mobile).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think it will. Seeing the main steam application is also free.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hope I get invited soon. >.>

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The App is open beta for everyone now. Grab it while its steaming! ^_^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Does it have the option to download things from your mobile? Like, leave your pc on when you go out and download from where you are and your pc downloads while you are out?
Nope :eek:, would be a nice feature though.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Does it have the option to download things from your mobile? Like, leave your pc on when you go out and download from where you are and your pc downloads while you are out?
wow i would love that idea!! hope they will use it someday

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be able to make apps, does not mean you should make apps.

This is one of those pointless apps.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are people who like being in touch with their Steam friends and be able to grab deals while they are away from their computers. This app makes it all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom