Steam kicks ass, Valve has proof.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As if anybody required proof.
Believe it or not, there are still alot of nay-sayers about Steam, who consider it really bad. I love it myself, but some say it is nothing but bloat-ware / spyware.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome, but keep in mind that most of the new accounts come from both Civilization 5 and Modern Warfare 2 requiring Steam. Also, this year had the mac port. I gotta wonder what they're going to try and do next year to sustain this growth.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody who describes it as being "really bad" is not to be taken seriously.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Steam is definitley awesome. If they are making so much money I can't see why they don't stop selling games for 40$. that is a lot of cash.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You see deco people who work for valve rewure a wage packet hence they only lower the games price when they make double of what they pay out to every one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Deco said:
Steam is definitley awesome. If they are making so much money I can't see why they don't stop selling games for 40$. that is a lot of cash.
Cartman said:
Don't be such a Jew, Kyle.
I've bought a few Steam games, but only on sale. It's not that awesome to me. I strongly prefer owning the physical form of a game. If I got both (and a choice in using Steam for multiplayer or not) then I would agree that Steam is awesome. Currently it ranks at "decent". One cannot argue with results, however - and those results seem to tell Valve that it's a good idea to keep game prices at 40$. It's all checks and balances, and without statistics, it's hard to tell whether Steam would make more or less money if they sold them at a few dollars cheaper. I assume Valve's accountants and consultants know this far better than any of us, though.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've bought a few Steam games, but only on sale. It's not that awesome to me. I strongly prefer owning the physical form of a game. If I got both (and a choice in using Steam for multiplayer or not) then I would agree that Steam is awesome. Currently it ranks at "decent". One cannot argue with results, however - and those results seem to tell Valve that it's a good idea to keep game prices at 40$. It's all checks and balances, and without statistics, it's hard to tell whether Steam would make more or less money if they sold them at a few dollars cheaper. I assume Valve's accountants and consultants know this far better than any of us, though.
How much do you think valve can actually infuence the price of products they didn't create.
They are nothing more but a digital retail store who, in their turn, get something at a certain price.

If you look at purely valve products, they are cheap. If you look at products created by other companies, they tend to be 40 dollars, even several years after release.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think my steam account talks for it self. I love their sales.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got KotOR when it was $3 :p

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam rules for keeping CS 1.6 and TFC going.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I could never find a TFC server with people on it. A lot of them just have bots now.
Damned video game progression! Jedi Academy Multiplayer MasterServer got secretly silenced by LucasArts until the fans made complaints online.

Damned video game progression!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom