Steam hosting MODs

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"As a part of our continuing efforts to support the MOD community, we will begin hosting selected MODs directly on Steam starting next week. The first five MODs to ship on steam will be Age of Chivalry, D.I.P.R.I.P., Insurgency, Synergy, and Zombie Panic. As always, owners of any Source game will be able to download and play all of these MODs for free.

Once installed, these MODs will appear in your "My Games" list and will receive automatic updates just like other games on Steam. Also, these MODs now take advantage of Steamworks, which provides stat tracking and tighter integration with the Steam community.

We're excited to see MOD developers get wider recognition for the hard work they have done, and we hope to support more MOD teams in the future. Watch for the official release next week!" - Valve / Steam / whoever.

Wonder if HL1 MODs will get support, there used to be a link through steam to an ESF page- guess that's not there anymore.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's still there. Go to the Steam store and search for Earth's Special Forces.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It's still there. Go to the Steam store and search for Earth's Special Forces.
You can't download ESF through Steam though.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe do something about that? :D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Maybe do something about that? :D
Not sure if that'll happen. They seem to be wanting hl2 very popular mods only. If it would have been the same for HL1, I think they would have done svencoop / esf & natural selection by now.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure if that'll happen. They seem to be wanting hl2 very popular mods only. If it would have been the same for HL1, I think they would have done svencoop / esf & natural selection by now.
True .

Force Pit Member
Best answers
They are encouraging people to buy HL2 instead of HL1 by doing that.

"Money makes the world go around"

That what valve heard after doing this:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rkRIbUT6u7Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rkRIbUT6u7Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember this being promised when Steam first came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom