Steam - Give & Get sales

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The chances to win are 1 in 10 million based on the users of Steam, but...you know...it's like the lotto. I always say I'll never win it, but someone has to win...and the people who win are just like me, never thought they'd win, and oh yeah, 70+ years old, always seem only the oldest people win the Lotto, and die without passing it onto anyone and the .Gov gets it back.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In theory its round 5 days and 30 people per day. So chances are 150 to 10 million, but still. I made da list XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depending on if you are still in the lottery if you've already gotten games on your first day will also change your chances. The first day it would be 30 in 10 million, the second day would be 30 in 9,999,979. And so on.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I wonder what's the catch.. Meaning, why would they even give away free games.. I bet they are making more money with the wish-list then lose it.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really, purchasing games isn't a requirement.

Steam is just 1-upping Direct2Drive's "1 in 5 get a free game" sale.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder what's the catch.. Meaning, why would they even give away free games.. I bet they are making more money with the wish-list then lose it.
Advertisements. Steam is trying to make itself more popular (which they will by doing this) and it will only cost them 150 games instead of a billion dollars. Pretty smart advertising there. And when more people sign up, and share their wishlists, people will eventually buy [some] these games anyway.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Steam is smart like that. Microsoft would never imagine giving away ANYTHING free in their life-times, so yeah. Hence GFWL fail.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Steam is smart like that. Microsoft would never imagine giving away ANYTHING free in their life-times, so yeah. Hence GFWL fail.

DirectX .. . . . . Scratch that. They are using Direct X to sell newer versions of windows >.<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The odds are roughly 1 in 60,000 if you do the math based solely on active Steam accounts. It'll likely be much, much less than that though. Far less than half will probably make wishlists.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonna make a list, not sure what I want though...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aww you can't add dev packs to your list :(((

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
:( I can't belive i bought CS:S a week ago with 14.99 euro and now its just 3.something :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've put 5 games on my wishlist, most of them are pretty cheap (but hell my credit account is frozen so i can't buy anything yet). I probably won't get anything since i've never been lucky but who knows.

The games i've put are:
1.Half Life 2
2.Audiosurf
3.CSS
4.TF2
5.Brink (not released yet lol)

i'll keep my fingers crossed

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brinks on my list, too, lol. As is the new RO, I also put ARMA II + Expansion, and M&B Warband.

N I just thought, couldn't you make some kind of Steam account generator, to make tons of Steam accounts & put the games you want on their wishlists...

I think anyone whose been around since the start should def win ~

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember that people used to need a bought steam game on their account before their account was considered active.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember that never being true. I've been on Steam since release, and you've always been able to use it, regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom