STEAM and WON

steam or won?

• steam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • won

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Ok, first of all, I know that there was alot of threads about this.
BUT NO ONE LISTEN! (ok, maybe few..).
I just want to ask you ppl:
1.STEAM or WON (and whay)?

2.Do you think that ESF shuld work only with STEAM/WON?

My answares is:
1.STEAM-all ESF build and tested in STEAM. And if the ESF team think that STEAM is better, I agree.

2.yes and no.
yes: Because STEAM players cant play with WON users and vice versa. we all need to play in one group.

no: Because if we all play in STEAM the ppl that like WON dont be statisfied from the situation and vise versa.

What to do? (I dont know if the team can do it) maybe they do that STEAM can play with WON?

DoomTiger
*edit*
Sorry about the english...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Won
10 word's

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's a shame that won is dead, i cant play esf anymore online becours of the jurks that uses my cd-key(and yes, it's a failed one)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, next time, you'll think twice before trying to give away your game. Hehe.

I like Steam better. Works better once you get it going. Works real good under Aston, actually.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Steam for me. I've had lots of problems with the WON version of ESF (Crashes, Menu won't go away, etc). The steam version works 5x faster, plays better, and looks better. So all I gotta say is, Steam all the way. :)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I vastly prefer steam to won. Steam operates much more effeciently, however, I can understand why people would be afraid of Steam . . .

If I didn't have broadband I'd be complaining.

Best answers
i say BOTH because there are people who like WON and there are people who like STEAM :)
i'm not saying it for myself.... i just say this for everyone
ps. now i can't vote :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Won is dead.. what is the point of this? We've already had at least 5 of these polls.

Best answers
The point is to show to the players in israel the WON is dead!
Because part of the players use WON and part STEAM. because of that we cant play with each other!
so no leage for steam players. Whay? The leage server is on WON

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is better, but its to bad won is dead, i first had won, and i had a dial up modem, and then steam would be useles.

Luckily i have now broadband, and steam, and now it is better then won.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There isn't much of an argument for Steam alienating players on 56k... I had it back in the days of WON, and it was no less impossible to play.
When Steam first rolled around, I was skeptical, and wondered why they were replacing something that worked. Well, they made it better.
In its early stages, Steam wasn't too stable, and got a bunch of flak for it, but I'm convinced it's greater than WON ever was.

Best answers
THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

Comparing the two is like comparing a dead flower to a rose. Steam is better in EVERY way possible. Because of the new updates that have been done to Steam there is no comparison between the two. You can do everything you could have done with WON, and more if you count the fact that mods have stopped worrying about WON support. Steam is no longer the beta it once was, no poll or modified gif file about how Steam sucks is going to bring back WON, I can't see why people can't get over it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how can esf work with won IF IT DOESNT EXIST ANYMORE?!??

the world may never know

Best answers
won is dead.. and steam was better from the get go.. theres no comparison. Steam will continue to get updates and hosts all the current valve games including the upcoming CS:source and HL2. If you bought halflife (im presuming alot of people didnt) you can send an email to steam support and request a new CD key. They will get you intouch with Valve and you will be requested to send an email with a copy of your cd, the cd slip with the cd key and a receipt for proof of purchase. Won may be dead but you can still play games through the older HL, just without the security and key checking that won provided, and the fact also that 80% of able gamers would be on steam now anyway, so theres not much point.. id rather spend the 50 bucks (or 20 or so US) and buy the game for a new key

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but now look trouw the eye of a boy that just cant use steam, that won just has to get back.
steam is MAYBE better but it doesn't give everyone a good fealing, won just has to get back and there are a lot of peaple that agree on this mather.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they can complain all they want. won probally isnt comming back. mainly because it´s outdated/outnumbered by steam.

at first i refused to play on steam, but once i tested it i found it a great program. it did had its flaws. but these flaws were dealt with.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say won, won was easier, u didnt have to do a whole stupid setup to just get it installed, then u need to search for 3 months to get it working, and still it doesnt work (when i load a game, i get in the steam menu...frozen) then when u make a account and forget ur account name or sumthing, ur owned since u cant play anymore unless u buy a whole new half life for just a stupid cd-key, bad organized imo...

Best answers
Won, steam is easy to get it to work, but i had way less problems with WON then i have with steam.

(LIKE D\L THE SAME ****ING CRAP OVER AND OVER AND OVER IS GETTING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING)

Not to forget friends list, and lately sudden crashes to windows returned aswell, which will prob be fixed in the next patch.

A updated WON system would have been a WAY better idea IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom