"State Transformation" w/Fractional Stamina Dmg

Best answers
I made a separate thread to talk more about how "state transformation" could come into play in relation to fractional stamina damage. If you haven't read either thread, I suggest you skim them to get a general idea, as I bolded some of the important stuff. I've set some numbers in this to illustrate its usefulness.

There's some things I'd like to explain up front. First, "state transformation" would give you a 20% base PL bonus. Second, it has a set rate of draining your stamina, so if you transform it appears to drain slower. Third, a 500k difference in PL would negate the stamina damage you take by 1 and add 1 to stamina damage dealt. Fourth, you also deal and take 8% fractional damage per hit based on maximum stamina.

In this concept, SSJ with "state transformation" takes the same stamina damage as being untrans, but it deals greater stamina damage than a normal SSJ; all from having a higher base PL. This makes it very easy to program.

Example:
If you have 2 mil, you'd get +400,000 PL with state transformation. By transforming, I think it'd add on a set 1.5 mil (+ 20%, being 300k). So you'd have 2.4 mil + 1.8 mil = 4.2 mil. Then you'd turbo, so it'd give x1.25, giving you 5.25 mil. Overall with "state transformation," you go from 2 mil to 5.25 mil. So the 3.25 mil difference, in the numbers above as an example (1 stamina per 500k) would let you negate 6.5 stamina per hit against you from that PL gain alone. That means you take 9.5 stamina damage trans instead of 8 stamina damage untrans. You also deal, against a 100 stamina character, 14.5 stamina damage per hit instead of 8. This is a temporary benefit of "state transformation" mind you, as you burn out afterwards. It does give you a better chance of knocking them out however.

So fractional stamina damage makes having a "state transformation" more useful for the game, as it adds passive benefits to dealing more and taking less stamina damage than the average SSJ. It makes it even MORE useful to use when your opponent is low on stamina so you can knock him out, and also when you're ALMOST at enough PL to trans.

So this would be best used against Cell and Buu, who have higher stamina reserves and PL differences, and best used WITH Krillin's Mystic form, as the increased stamina recovery he would get could be made to negate part of the drain rate.

Krillin's Mystic Form:
Say there was a 5 stamina drain per second with "state transformation" and 2.5 stamina passively regained per second for Krillin. He would drain 2.5 stamina per second instead of 5. This would essentially double his "state transformation" length to match that of a 300 stamina, AND he would take half the fractional damage per hit. However, he is more susceptible to PL differences, as he has less transformations, and that may play a factor, depending on the Krillin. He also gets only one "second wind," and not several like Goku might with up to SSJ3.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a powerup option that makes you drain more stamina in exchange for taking less damage per hit and dealing more damage (stamina damage that is)

A tad complicated how you explained that (its in 2 threads afterall)

But im starting to see the idea. But wouldnt this overpower some characters against others?

(then again right now all characters have the exact same amount of stamina and thats 1000 ^^)

While idling you gain 5 and while recharing you gain 10 ^^

Best answers
Grega said:
Sounds like a powerup option that makes you drain more stamina in exchange for taking less damage per hit and dealing more damage (stamina damage that is)
Yeah it's a stamina-based power-up which I believe expands its potentials.

Grega said:
A tad complicated how you explained that (its in 2 threads afterall)
You know me, Grega. That's how I roll. :laff:

Grega said:
But im starting to see the idea. But wouldnt this overpower some characters against others?
Which characters do you mean?

Some people might "state transform" to get their next perma-level, but you could always increase the amount of PL needed for it. Things would just have to be tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom